List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Tabby (Tyler & Abby)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Tabby (Tyler & Abby)

Started by BigBluePlate at 2013/07/12 04:13AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/31 02:24AM, Views: 6123, Replies: 67
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #21   2013/07/14 06:24AM
    Re: Tabby (Tyler & Abby)
    kn1231

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote SlowDownSpunky:
    Quote calliope:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: I wish they would get married and ride off into the sunset together!! And the sooner the better!

I loved Marcy ( whatever her name is now) as Abby and did not like the new Abby at all when she first came. So different from Marcy's portrayal but I guess that is the point. I like her a lot now! Tyler I can take or leave, he's pretty full of himself!

He's full of himself huh? Just like most of the guys on the show are or have been at one time? Is it bad that he has confidence in himself?

Maybe it is. Maybe he should be more polite, professional, more willing to allow people in his profession to step over him, more passive-aggressive with the women he pursues. But then he would be more like Neil whom people like to dismiss as "boring".

Then again he could be the extremely supportive of family type who also happens to be kinda directionless in terms of his career, so very loyal to the woman he is involved with that he never even flirts with another female and is never any threat to make a move on any other female. Oh, wait. That would make him Devon whom people like to dismiss as "dull."

So if Tyler isn't allowed to have his share of arrogance like most of the males on this show, does he have to take on the traits of Neil and Devon that have led to disinterest by plenty of Y&R fans?

My problem with the pairing is not Tyler's arrogance, even though he is. My problem is he is yet another newbie being shoved down my throat.

In addition placing him with the nuAbby, a lousy recast, comes across as yet another newbie. Don't recognize the character at all anymore.

So, therefore, we are getting not one, but two, virtual newbies to attempt a s/l. I find it boring already and it hasn't even begun yet.

Hence my remark they could ride off into the sunset.

I highly doubt this couple is going to have a huge storyline and be push down your throat, so you don't need to get too worked up about that IMO.

I think they are refreshing, nice to finally see Tyler moving on from Lily. Which is what everyone wanted in the first place.

Not quite sure what is in store for this couple, but I know I am going to enjoy it while it last.

#22   2013/07/14 07:06AM
    StarW

Quote kn1231: I think they are refreshing, nice to finally see Tyler moving on from Lily. Which is what everyone wanted in the first place.

Everyone? Lol. Not sure about that. Not sure about that at all. Only Lane fans (for some obvious reasons) and Lily haters.

#23   2013/07/14 09:23AM
    On a Clear Day

I think Tyler & Abby have good chemistry. Hopefully Abby can keep his ego in check & bring him down to earth since she is a rich heiress with a job and he's a playboy with no job. So glad to see he's not following Lily around like a sad puppy all the time anymore. Lily/Cane couple was Josh Griffin's pairing back in 2008 when he was temporaily writing for Y&R during screen writers strike, so I don't think he was really ever going to break them up anyway, since he is now back at Y&R writing again. All that teasing with Tyler was just annoying.

#24   2013/07/14 09:53AM
    AdrianeG

[quote]Quote StarW: [quote]Quote kn1231: I think they are refreshing, nice to finally see Tyler moving on from Lily. Which is what everyone wanted in the first place.[/quote]

Everyone? Lol. Not sure about that. Not sure about that at all. Only Lane fans (for some obvious reasons) and Lily haters.[/quote]

I don't fit in that catogory. I like Lily and dislike Lane as a couple but still want Tyler to move on. While I loved the chemistry between Tyler & Lily, I respect the fact that Lily is making an effort to save her marriage. Tyler deserves a woman who does not have emotional baggage with another man. I think Tyler and Abby have common interests and certainly have an attraction going so why not give them a try. I like the nuAbby and dating her could give Tyler more screentime.

#25   2013/07/14 11:06AM
    StarW

Quote AdrianeG:
    Quote StarW:
    Quote kn1231: I think they are refreshing, nice to finally see Tyler moving on from Lily. Which is what everyone wanted in the first place.

Everyone? Lol. Not sure about that. Not sure about that at all. Only Lane fans (for some obvious reasons) and Lily haters.

I don't fit in that catogory. I like Lily and dislike Lane as a couple but still want Tyler to move on. While I loved the chemistry between Tyler & Lily, I respect the fact that Lily is making an effort to save her marriage. Tyler deserves a woman who does not have emotional baggage with another man. I think Tyler and Abby have common interests and certainly have an attraction going so why not give them a try. I like the nuAbby and dating her could give Tyler more screentime.

Oh I'm definitely willing to give Tyler and Abby a chance. I just think that Tyler had more chemistry with Lily. And marriage on soaps never lasts forever lol

#26   2013/07/14 11:11AM
    Sunnyflower

I hate this Abby. Hate her. I don't even want to talk about it.

#27   2013/07/14 12:42PM
    AdrianeG

Quote SlowDownSpunky:
    Quote AdrianeG:
    Quote Pretty Emerald: I actually like them together! i was glad that Abby didn't give him "happy pie"! Looks like she is making better choices.

I agree. I really am looking forward to seeing Tabby together again.

I am too but the episode they appeared in together on Thursday wasn't as impressive as any of their previous interactions. Those previous moments were full of cute bantering, subtle flirting, engagig back-n-forths, etc. Yet each time Chavez popped in to claim Abby, Tyler was respectful enough to back away and exit and leave the two of them alone. Now after learning that Abby is no longer seeing her cop boyfriend Tyler tried to speed things up too quick. I'm glad the writers gave Abby enough sense to slow things down but I was more disappointed that they had written such a bad moment like that quick deep kiss in the first place.

Hopefully in the next few weeks we will see more well-written moments between Abby and Tyler to lead to a new thread on these boards for these two characters. A thread that is a non-bash one so that the viewers who find Tyler "disgusting" will have to express those opinions somehwere else.

I agree the kiss was kind of quick however I think it had to do more with attraction than anything else. I too would like to see them interacting several times more before they end up as lovers.

And I am all for a Tabby- "Fans only" specs included thread be created on the board if the writers look like they are matching these 2 up as a couple.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/14 12:44PM
    #28   2013/07/14 08:58PM
    AdrianeG

Here are a few sentences from RW describing his character of Tyler Michaelson in wikipedia.

According to Williams, Tyler is "intrigued" by Abby's unpredictable nature and said that their natural attraction could lead to romance. However, Williams hinted that Tyler's interest in Abby could be his attempt to "suppress his feelings" for Lily
    Abby's boyfriend Detective Alex Chavez could complicate things if Tyler were to actually fall for Abby.

However, if Tyler feels he is getting in too deep, "he steps back." Williams stated that a potential romance could come, but Tyler is weary of getting into a "situation where he could become the victim."

Now this was BEFORE the writers tore Alex and Abby apart. It leads me to believe they like the chemistry between Abby & Tyler. What do TABBY FANS think?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/14 08:59PM
    #29   2013/07/15 11:30PM
    yrn33

Quote Gypsy12: Truth is, Tyler can't have Lily so he will jump on any female that is available (or not). He is a very angry young man. But if Abby does get involved, she will soon find out what he is about and let it go. She is too smart.

Agreed. The writers have created the Tyler character to be a horn dog, with little or no class. Abby and Alex parted ways because they just came from different backgrounds; if she tries the "brotha stud" thing, she will tire of it very quickly when he sees the next fair babe and follows her in heat with, as usual, the small head.

#30   2013/07/19 10:03AM
    YRFAN4EVA

I really like the new abby. she is different then the old abby but i think its a new improved version. I think this new couple is hot.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list