List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Tabby (Tyler & Abby)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Tabby (Tyler & Abby)

Started by BigBluePlate at 2013/07/12 04:13AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/31 02:24AM, Views: 6337, Replies: 67
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #11   2013/07/12 09:30AM
    Re: Tabby (Tyler & Abby)
    Homesick Cajun

Quote yrn33:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: I wish they would get married and ride off into the sunset together!! And the sooner the better!

That would be great to get both those characters off the show (good riddance) but I did very much like the previous Abby. The new one is totally different and not nearly as interesting.

I liked Marcy in the role very much! I thought it was hilarious last week in a scene with Abby and Victor and he said " I've seen a change in you since you got back ". Thought I would roll! Abby and Kyle, worst recasts I can remember.

#12   2013/07/12 10:24AM
    MikeLikesSoaps

Couldn't stand it - Tyler is such a disgusting pig.

#13   2013/07/12 04:44PM
    BigBluePlate

The problem with the Abby character is that it's difficult to pair her with just about any dude on the show, as she's both an Abbott and a Newman and is related to everybody. Old Abby was cute and spunky, and a little went a long way. New Abby is more like a wiser, yet fun-loving Abby. She's looks like she could be Ashley's daughter and I'd love to see her in a scene or two with ED--maybe at Katherine's funeral? Tyler, on the other hand, is not all that likeable. Even his feelings for Lily seem insincere to some degree. Does Lily remind him of an old flame like his sister said? Could that old flame be Hilary I wonder. That would be interesting. Tyler and Hilary joining forces to break up Lane.

#14   2013/07/13 08:57PM
    SlowDownSpunky

Quote calliope:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: I wish they would get married and ride off into the sunset together!! And the sooner the better!

I loved Marcy ( whatever her name is now) as Abby and did not like the new Abby at all when she first came. So different from Marcy's portrayal but I guess that is the point. I like her a lot now! Tyler I can take or leave, he's pretty full of himself!

He's full of himself huh? Just like most of the guys on the show are or have been at one time? Is it bad that he has confidence in himself?

Maybe it is. Maybe he should be more polite, professional, more willing to allow people in his profession to step over him, more passive-aggressive with the women he pursues. But then he would be more like Neil whom people like to dismiss as "boring".

Then again he could be the extremely supportive of family type who also happens to be kinda directionless in terms of his career, so very loyal to the woman he is involved with that he never even flirts with another female and is never any threat to make a move on any other female. Oh, wait. That would make him Devon whom people like to dismiss as "dull."

So if Tyler isn't allowed to have his share of arrogance like most of the males on this show, does he have to take on the traits of Neil and Devon that have led to disinterest by plenty of Y&R fans?

#15   2013/07/13 09:08PM
    SlowDownSpunky

Quote AdrianeG:
    Quote Pretty Emerald: I actually like them together! i was glad that Abby didn't give him "happy pie"! Looks like she is making better choices.

I agree. I really am looking forward to seeing Tabby together again.

I am too but the episode they appeared in together on Thursday wasn't as impressive as any of their previous interactions. Those previous moments were full of cute bantering, subtle flirting, engagig back-n-forths, etc. Yet each time Chavez popped in to claim Abby, Tyler was respectful enough to back away and exit and leave the two of them alone. Now after learning that Abby is no longer seeing her cop boyfriend Tyler tried to speed things up too quick. I'm glad the writers gave Abby enough sense to slow things down but I was more disappointed that they had written such a bad moment like that quick deep kiss in the first place.

Hopefully in the next few weeks we will see more well-written moments between Abby and Tyler to lead to a new thread on these boards for these two characters. A thread that is a non-bash one so that the viewers who find Tyler "disgusting" will have to express those opinions somehwere else.

#16   2013/07/13 09:08PM
    LucyT

I don't care for the new abby but I did start watching GH when they signed Marcy lucky show

#17   2013/07/13 09:11PM
    Gypsy12

Truth is, Tyler can't have Lily so he will jump on any female that is available (or not). He is a very angry young man. But if Abby does get involved, she will soon find out what he is about and let it go. She is too smart.

#18   2013/07/13 10:07PM
    Calmie

I like them together, but this new Abby is taking a lot of getting used to. They'll make a good couple if she is reduce to a shorter height, maybe that's why the detective does not want to go out with her, she is so freaking tall.

Yes, I like arrogant Tyler and Abby together. TABBY forever until Victor finds out, then wit will be.

#19   2013/07/14 02:12AM
    tiddies

Quote Pretty Emerald: I actually like them together! i was glad that Abby didn't give him "happy pie"! Looks like she is making better choices.

This is the first time I have liked the new Abby. I love that she didn't go there and is starting to grow up and make better decisions .. and OMG what a pretty pair..

#20   2013/07/14 06:05AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote SlowDownSpunky:
    Quote calliope:

I loved Marcy ( whatever her name is now) as Abby and did not like the new Abby at all when she first came. So different from Marcy's portrayal but I guess that is the point. I like her a lot now! Tyler I can take or leave, he's pretty full of himself!

He's full of himself huh? Just like most of the guys on the show are or have been at one time? Is it bad that he has confidence in himself?

Maybe it is. Maybe he should be more polite, professional, more willing to allow people in his profession to step over him, more passive-aggressive with the women he pursues. But then he would be more like Neil whom people like to dismiss as "boring".

Then again he could be the extremely supportive of family type who also happens to be kinda directionless in terms of his career, so very loyal to the woman he is involved with that he never even flirts with another female and is never any threat to make a move on any other female. Oh, wait. That would make him Devon whom people like to dismiss as "dull."

So if Tyler isn't allowed to have his share of arrogance like most of the males on this show, does he have to take on the traits of Neil and Devon that have led to disinterest by plenty of Y&R fans?

My problem with the pairing is not Tyler's arrogance, even though he is. My problem is he is yet another newbie being shoved down my throat.

In addition placing him with the nuAbby, a lousy recast, comes across as yet another newbie. Don't recognize the character at all anymore.

So, therefore, we are getting not one, but two, virtual newbies to attempt a s/l. I find it boring already and it hasn't even begun yet.

Hence my remark they could ride off into the sunset.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list