List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Was Steven Burton hired to play Jason Morgan 2.0?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Was Steven Burton hired to play Jason Morgan 2.0?

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/11 01:42PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/12 11:38AM, Views: 2002, Replies: 38
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2013/07/12 10:21AM
    Re: Was Steven Burton hired to play Jason Morgan 2.0?
    habbyfan

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote habbyfan: SB is magnificent on to-day's eppy.

For anyone who does not understand PTSD this show may help.

Koodos SB!!!

Yes, I'm watching as I type. I do understand PTSD. Better than most!

Steven Burton is forcing me to eat my words. He's good. I have to make another thread.

Yes Chucky do we see this con as... a recipe for disaster ... too have loved ones who have been affected by PTSD ... be careful Chelsea.

#32   2013/07/12 10:27AM
    habbyfan

Quote Chuckyducky:

Koodos SB!!!

One other point I'd like to make.

For anyone who is reading, there is a difference between an actor portraying a part and the symptoms of PTSD, experienced by thousands of returning vets. For anyone who is confused, please make that distinction.

Luckily, SBu did us justice today. Good boy!

Great summation!!!

PTSD affects our first responders as well as our returning Vets.

God Bless them All.

#33   2013/07/12 10:28AM
    Chuckyducky

Quote Spike1976:
    Quote jamilah: Dylan was ruined for me when they forced him into this fake baby daddy story. They killed the character with this S/L. He had a better role as Jason Morgan because I liked him then with bad girl Sam. Also having Chloe and Chelsea every day talking about how perfect he was made things even worse. This new regime treated him as if he was on Y&R for 20yrs and didn't allow us the viewers to get to know him. Instead he was forced on us and all that created was more hate for the character.

I was fine with Jason and Sam in the beginning but that couple went downhill fast. I couldn't decide which of his pairing was worse Sam or Courtney. SBu's acting has always been subpar but pairing him with actresses that are worse than him and he had to carry the pairing just made it hard to watch.

This is how I feel what he is doing with Chelsea. Dylan is sucking the life out of her.

Dude, you're going to hate me for this but I was a Jason and Carly fan (played by Sarah Brown) back in the '90s but I get where you're going. It's hard to let go of characters you spent years investing in...and I can see why it might be hard to adjust to SBu's new role.

Quite honestly, I'd like to see SBu act opposite Jessica Collins. I want to see another go around at that.

#34   2013/07/12 10:41AM
    habbyfan

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote Spike1976:
    Quote jamilah: Dylan was ruined for me when they forced him into this fake baby daddy story. They killed the character with this S/L. He had a better role as Jason Morgan because I liked him then with bad girl Sam. Also having Chloe and Chelsea every day talking about how perfect he was made things even worse. This new regime treated him as if he was on Y&R for 20yrs and didn't allow us the viewers to get to know him. Instead he was forced on us and all that created was more hate for the character.

I was fine with Jason and Sam in the beginning but that couple went downhill fast. I couldn't decide which of his pairing was worse Sam or Courtney. SBu's acting has always been subpar but pairing him with actresses that are worse than him and he had to carry the pairing just made it hard to watch.

This is how I feel what he is doing with Chelsea. Dylan is sucking the life out of her.

Dude, you're going to hate me for this but I was a Jason and Carly fan (played by Sarah Brown) back in the '90s but I get where you're going. It's hard to let go of characters you spent years investing in...and I can see why it might be hard to adjust to SBu's new role.

Quite honestly, I'd like to see SBu act opposite Jessica Collins. I want to see another go around at that.

I agree.

#35   2013/07/12 10:49AM
    Chuckyducky

Ajsp35801,

(Hope you don't mind but I have to cut out the quotes, it was gettin' too long.)

Alrighty, whelp it looks you've got your speil and I've got mine. This is the first time I've spent a total of two days talking about characters I barely watch. Ah well, there's a first for everything. Alright, enough about Sharon. You dig her, I don't. End of that! Got to move on...but before I do...lemme' drop a little something-something for my girl, Chels!

When Chelsea first came on the scene, I totally dug her. She was hot! She made Victoria, Chloe, Lily, Abby, Victor, Nikki and Billy look like they walked around with a broom stuck up their collective butts. I loved her. She was a hoot; and when she and Adam started hanging out, it was like the perfect recipe for an entertaining duo. They rocked their scenes. For the first time, in a long time, Y&R finally had a couple who didn't make me wanna pick up a drink.

Then their friendship burned into romance and suddenly, watching them do their thing was like eating cotton-candy at Great Adventures. From one scene to another, I did nothing but smile whenever she and Chadam were on. It was great and I've got nothing but praise for the Y&R couple that rocked it out in 2012.

Nowadays, things are different and my babies aren't exactly those same crazy kids they were back in '12. Oh well!

But this thread isn't about Sharon, Chelsea, or Adam. It's about Steven Burton's acting and until today, I did not have a reason to praise him or credit him for any amount of talent. As a viewer, I was obliged to watch other characters be used to establish Dylan and it was frustrating. It was frustrating because for me, the story he was given deserved an actor who could do justice.

Luckily, Steven Burton proved me wrong today and showed viewers the emotional toll, returning war vets experience after surviving a tour. The subtle performance he gave today is exactly what I wanted to see and he delivered.

#36   2013/07/12 10:53AM
    Chuckyducky

Quote habbyfan:
    Quote Chuckyducky:

Koodos SB!!!

Yes, I'm watching as I type. I do understand PTSD. Better than most!

Steven Burton is forcing me to eat my words. He's good. I have to make another thread.

Yes Chucky do we see this con as... a recipe for disaster ... too have loved ones who have been affected by PTSD ... be careful Chelsea.

Do I see it pushing him towards suicide, you mean?

Yes!

#37   2013/07/12 10:57AM
    Chuckyducky

Quote habbyfan:
    Quote Chuckyducky:

Koodos SB!!!

One other point I'd like to make.

For anyone who is reading, there is a difference between an actor portraying a part and the symptoms of PTSD, experienced by thousands of returning vets. For anyone who is confused, please make that distinction.

Luckily, SBu did us justice today. Good boy!

Great summation!!!

PTSD affects our first responders as well as our returning Vets.

God Bless them All.

All. Of. THIS. ^^^ God bless them ALL!

#38   2013/07/12 11:11AM
    gardengal

Quote Chuckyducky: Ajsp35801,

(Hope you don't mind but I have to cut out the quotes, it was gettin' too long.)

Alrighty, whelp it looks you've got your speil and I've got mine. This is the first time I've spent a total of two days talking about characters I barely watch. Ah well, there's a first for everything. Alright, enough about Sharon. You dig her, I don't. End of that! Got to move on...but before I do...lemme' drop a little something-something for my girl, Chels!

When Chelsea first came on the scene, I totally dug her. She was hot! She made Victoria, Chloe, Lily, Abby, Victor, Nikki and Billy look like they walked around with a broom stuck up their collective butts. I loved her. She was a hoot; and when she and Adam started hanging out, it was like the perfect recipe for an entertaining duo. They rocked their scenes. For the first time, in a long time, Y&R finally had a couple who didn't make me wanna pick up a drink.

Then their friendship burned into romance and suddenly, watching them do their thing was like eating cotton-candy at Great Adventures. From one scene to another, I did nothing but smile whenever she and Chadam were on. It was great and I've got nothing but praise for the Y&R couple that rocked it out in 2012.

Nowadays, things are different and my babies aren't exactly those same crazy kids they were back in '12. Oh well!

But this thread isn't about Sharon, Chelsea, or Adam. It's about Steven Burton's acting and until today, I did not have a reason to praise him or credit him for any amount of talent. As a viewer, I was obliged to watch other characters be used to establish Dylan and it was frustrating. It was frustrating because for me, the story he was given deserved an actor who could do justice.

Luckily, Steven Burton proved me wrong today and showed viewers the emotional toll, returning war vets experience after surviving a tour. The subtle performance he gave today is exactly what I wanted to see and he delivered.

I will eat my serving of humble pie. SB did good. Actually he was very good, and it was well written.

Who knows maybe he is having as much trouble with the rhyme and reason of the baby lie as we are. I often wonder how you do a scene when you're like "huh?".

#39   2013/07/12 11:38AM
    Chuckyducky

Quote gardengal:
    Quote Chuckyducky: Ajsp35801,

I will eat my serving of humble pie. SB did good. Actually he was very good, and it was well written.

Who knows maybe he is having as much trouble with the rhyme and reason of the baby lie as we are. I often wonder how you do a scene when you're like "huh?".

Lol, exactly!

Alright, I gotta let this thread die. I thank you all for replying and responding cordially. I do appreciate it!

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list