List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Was Steven Burton hired to play Jason Morgan 2.0?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Was Steven Burton hired to play Jason Morgan 2.0?

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/11 01:42PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/12 11:38AM, Views: 1957, Replies: 38
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/07/11 07:19PM
    Re: Was Steven Burton hired to play Jason Morgan 2.0?
    ajsp35801

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote ajsp35801: Basically Jason Morgan. Of all the new people, he is the least interesting. And that is saying something when you consider Avery and chelsea.

Oh c'mon, I love Chelsea and Avery. I mean jeeze, no body complained when we were stuck with Nick and/or Sharon for 16 odd frilling years. Does anybody remember what that was like? Let me tell ya, it wasn't easy. If it wasn't for Phyllis, I wouldn't have given two rat patooties but I digress.

Yeah, Steven Burton is a real fine! I thought Y&R struck the mother-load when they hired him. Now, I'm starting to remember why I loathed him on GH. Geeze, the more things change, the more things stay the same!

I complained about Sharon too. She wasn't boring EVER though...I just hated her. LOL. But I understand what you mean, I constantly hear people say that the Winters are boring when I am engrossed in any little thing they do...I mean glued to the screen when either one of them is on....especially Devon.

I do not have selective memory. I remember, vividly, what it was like watching Sharon and Nick. It was a long and dull affair. She was a walking doormat! Had nothing to say for herself and did not have a spine to stand on. At one point, I did root for her. I wanted her to get back at Nick for cheating on her, shortly after Cassie died, and I was one of those Shadam supporters rooting for this couple to take on the world but when she FORGAVE Adam for what he'd done to Faith, when she turned around and started making mooneyes at a man who wrapped a stillborn in a blanket, tossed in a fireplace and then exchanged her child for one that had died...I threw up my hands and GAVE UP.

The woman is STUPID! She acts and talks like she has not one living grey cell left in her head; and she does it with the same "oh-poor-me" expression every single time.

That was not the case with Phyllis. Phyllis would NEVER take that crap. She would never allow any man to do that to her without giving him a piece of her mind. NEVER! Even when Nick cheated on her with Sharon, even when he went back and forth between her and her own sister, Avery...she always acted as if she had an ounce of dignity left in her bones. Yes, Phyllis is flawed and yes, she almost never owns up to her mistakes but at least she does not allow any man to treat her as garbage.

That's what I loved about Chelsea and yes, I still love her till this day but dang it, I can't take this Dylan mess.

I can't disagree on Sharon. She is as stupid as they come. But I always was entertained...I loved to hate the tramp. Phyllis was always interesting and at her best against Dru. Chelsea on he other hand is the most boring mess I have ever seen. Hat quickie fairy tale love affair with Adam seemed like something written for Tweens. then this mess with Chylan is just boring...Chelsea is still new. She needs to be paired with a core character connected to a core family or a vet. I do not care about her and Dylan. Definitely not them together. Even less when they are on with Avery or Stitch. I can watch her with Chloe due to caring about and being invested in Chloe. But that's it.

#22   2013/07/11 08:16PM
    ladycam

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote ladycam:

This is where MCE gets to show her passionate side. By getting Dylan to forgive her and not just move on to the next man.If she doesn't fight for Dylan how can viewers take her seriously with any of her pairing. Chylan do have chemistry they just need a boost of some kind. Chadam the writers went too far they need a good long break. So far they tell us nothing about Chelsea. From what we seen she doesn't even remember Adam.The whole s/l is mess that has gone on too long. Frankly when they removed Adam I lost interest with the whole thing. I use to love Chadam

I've lost interest with the ENTIRE story.

I no longer care enough to tune in. I do not feel like checking in, everyday, to find out if Chelsea came clean with a character who does not have any personality, charm, sense of humor or any recognizable facial expression except the one used to emote utter and complete aloofness.

Watching Dylan is like watching a 38 minute run at Dumb & Dumber, only the joke is on the audience.

I want to feel something when I watch him. I want to laugh when he makes a wry joke and cheer him on when he's being beaten down; and there isn't any incentive to do that. The skill needed to inform the audience that we are watching a nuanced and complex character is NOT there.

Now, I understand for you, you're seeing something differently but for me, I shouldn't have to work this hard to feel something for Dylan.

And before I get into Chelsea, I want you read what I typed and understand where I am coming from. My gripe with Dylan is about the portrayer's inability to rise to the occasion and prove he was worth hiring. Let's digest that before we move on to Chelsea.

The type of passion you're looking for in Chelsea is one I'd like to see as well but I don't want to see it used to fight for a man like Dylan. I want someone who is as equally as passionate as Chelsea and for me, that character is Adam. She is just as deceptive and deceiving as Adam, so why wouldn't she those same traits when push comes to shove.

I also wouldn't mind it if she sought "passion" in the arms of a female companion such as Cane's new assistant, Hilary or in her new gal-pal, Avery (I'm open to a little girl-on-girl action) but I digress.

The passion I want from Chelsea should provoke thoughtful, meaningful and profound reactions from viewers and fans alike and as of recently, that is not the case. The type of passion that moves viewers to tears and makes them want to defend a character is ABSENT in her scenes with Dylan; and there is a reason for that. The character lacks insight. Her scenes, as of late, lacks conscious thought. Viewers do not know why she does what she does and they do not care. Heck, people didn't care before and now the writers and executive producers are given them more to gripe about.

Give me a scene where she laments on her insecurities and how she hated seeing Adam with Sharon at every turn, and I'll show you viewers who will flock to her defense.

Give me a scene where she coldly calculates how much she can manipulate Dylan into doing what she wants while she struggles with her guilt and her unexplained anxieties and I'll pinpoint (to you) where this character's passion lies.

I understand you are a Chylan fan and you would like me to address that but I can't do that for you. I'm not a Dylan fan. I don't see passion. I don't see any honest, insightful, hard-hitting stories being told with this pairing. I don't see the chemistry between Dylan and Chelsea or Dylan and anyone else for that matter. I'm simply bored with the character and I think he should be written off.

At the beginning I thought Chylan had potential but now they bore me to tears.Both are beautiful standing next to each other that's what I call chemistry for these two.But in their scenes all I see is 2 actors repeating their lines no passion. But then am bias because she was with Adam first and I loved all his pairing. At the moment I have no favorite couple thanks to this regime. Navery and Chylan boring Phack thank god is coming to end. Dylan is better with Avery but I think they want to build a fan base for him before connecting him with her. But I would prefer Adam and Avery as a couple she suffered enough with Nick. Find her more interesting with Adam. But Dylan is boring SB was better on Gh that role suits him. This was Jason before the car accident that's what Dylan reminds me of.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/11 08:19PM
    #23   2013/07/12 09:26AM
    jamilah

Dylan was ruined for me when they forced him into this fake baby daddy story. They killed the character with this S/L. He had a better role as Jason Morgan because I liked him then with bad girl Sam. Also having Chloe and Chelsea every day talking about how perfect he was made things even worse. This new regime treated him as if he was on Y&R for 20yrs and didn't allow us the viewers to get to know him. Instead he was forced on us and all that created was more hate for the character.

#24   2013/07/12 09:52AM
    habbyfan

SB is magnificent on to-day's eppy.

For anyone who does not understand PTSD this show may help.

Koodos SB!!!

#25   2013/07/12 10:11AM
    Chuckyducky

Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote ajsp35801: Basically Jason Morgan. Of all the new people, he is the least interesting. And that is saying something when you consider Avery and chelsea.

Oh c'mon, I love Chelsea and Avery. I mean jeeze, no body complained when we were stuck with Nick and/or Sharon for 16 odd frilling years. Does anybody remember what that was like? Let me tell ya, it wasn't easy. If it wasn't for Phyllis, I wouldn't have given two rat patooties but I digress.

Yeah, Steven Burton is a real fine! I thought Y&R struck the mother-load when they hired him. Now, I'm starting to remember why I loathed him on GH. Geeze, the more things change, the more things stay the same!

I complained about Sharon too. She wasn't boring EVER though...I just hated her. LOL. But I understand what you mean, I constantly hear people say that the Winters are boring when I am engrossed in any little thing they do...I mean glued to the screen when either one of them is on....especially Devon.

I do not have selective memory. I remember, vividly, what it was like watching Sharon and Nick. It was a long and dull affair. She was a walking doormat! Had nothing to say for herself and did not have a spine to stand on. At one point, I did root for her. I wanted her to get back at Nick for cheating on her, shortly after Cassie died, and I was one of those Shadam supporters rooting for this couple to take on the world but when she FORGAVE Adam for what he'd done to Faith, when she turned around and started making mooneyes at a man who wrapped a stillborn in a blanket, tossed in a fireplace and then exchanged her child for one that had died...I threw up my hands and GAVE UP.

The woman is STUPID! She acts and talks like she has not one living grey cell left in her head; and she does it with the same "oh-poor-me" expression every single time.

That was not the case with Phyllis. Phyllis would NEVER take that crap. She would never allow any man to do that to her without giving him a piece of her mind. NEVER! Even when Nick cheated on her with Sharon, even when he went back and forth between her and her own sister, Avery...she always acted as if she had an ounce of dignity left in her bones. Yes, Phyllis is flawed and yes, she almost never owns up to her mistakes but at least she does not allow any man to treat her as garbage.

That's what I loved about Chelsea and yes, I still love her till this day but dang it, I can't take this Dylan mess.

I can't disagree on Sharon. She is as stupid as they come. But I always was entertained...I loved to hate the tramp. Phyllis was always interesting and at her best against Dru. Chelsea on he other hand is the most boring mess I have ever seen. Hat quickie fairy tale love affair with Adam seemed like something written for Tweens. then this mess with Chylan is just boring...Chelsea is still new. She needs to be paired with a core character connected to a core family or a vet. I do not care about her and Dylan. Definitely not them together. Even less when they are on with Avery or Stitch. I can watch her with Chloe due to caring about and being invested in Chloe. But that's it.

Until Michael Muhney was introduced as a sociopath and made the Newmans look like they were four cents short of a nickel...I...and I'm sorry for this...I used to FF most of her scenes during the '90s and the decade that followed.

To look at her, you'd think a "a fun little bunny" right? I mean, she's blond, blue-eyed and has a nice rack...okay, maybe her skin is a little loose but they have surgeons who can fix that but anyway, she looks fun at first glance. At least that's what I thought when I spotted her. But, dude, that was so not the case.

From 1995 until as recently as 2011, Sharon was wallpaper. I didn't give a crap. I thought when she had an affair with Victoria's fiancé that her personality would perk up but nope, no dice. I thought her feud with Nikki would make her semi-entertaining but that worked for about a minute and it was mostly entertaining on Nikki's side.

And here's one that actually ticked me off because I took the time to watch these scenes (live) during one of my busy seasons...I thought when she and Nick briefly reunited (when he cheated on Phyllis) that it would be EPIC and I was disappointed because even those scenes did nothing for me. It was depressing! I was surprised by that but there you have it.

I know I'm a Chadam fan and this might seem like a subjective opinion (and part of it is) but Chelsea and Michael Muhney's version of Adam weren't always an option. Phyllis and Nick weren't always a fan favorite couple that people rooted for. Before the aforementioned couples existed, there was Sharon and Nick; and not for anything but as much as I tried to think of this character as something worth watching and worth time, I couldn't get into it.

She lacked personality, energy, sense of humor...actually, I could be more blunt than that...I thought Sharon and the writers alike didn't know who the character was and couldn't find her voice. Fortunately, that changed sometime in 2011 but before that...I really had a hard time giving a damn. Which is ironic because this character had been through the mill but she still lacked a voice. It was like watching a blank slate jumping through a series of trials and tribulations. I just did not have any reason to care and I didn't want spend the energy doing so. That's what I meant when I say Sharon bored me.

Moving on to Dylan...he's on now. Steven Burton is, as we discussed, portraying him, and...wait..I might have to take my words back. When given dialogue that tells a story, he delivers. Hmmm....interesting!

#26   2013/07/12 10:12AM
    Chuckyducky

Quote habbyfan: SB is magnificent on to-day's eppy.

Koodos SB!!!

Yes, I'm watching as I type. I do understand PTSD. Better than most!

Steven Burton is forcing me to eat my words. He's good. I have to make another thread.

#27   2013/07/12 10:13AM
    Spike1976

Quote jamilah: Dylan was ruined for me when they forced him into this fake baby daddy story. They killed the character with this S/L. He had a better role as Jason Morgan because I liked him then with bad girl Sam. Also having Chloe and Chelsea every day talking about how perfect he was made things even worse. This new regime treated him as if he was on Y&R for 20yrs and didn't allow us the viewers to get to know him. Instead he was forced on us and all that created was more hate for the character.

I was fine with Jason and Sam in the beginning but that couple went downhill fast. I couldn't decide which of his pairing was worse Sam or Courtney. SBu's acting has always been subpar but pairing him with actresses that are worse than him and he had to carry the pairing just made it hard to watch.

This is how I feel what he is doing with Chelsea. Dylan is sucking the life out of her.

#28   2013/07/12 10:15AM
    Spike1976

Quote Chuckyducky:

Koodos SB!!!

Yes, I'm watching as I type. I do understand PTSD. Better than most!

Steven Burton is forcing me to eat my words. He's good. I have to make another thread.

Please! Let him finally have a personality.

#29   2013/07/12 10:18AM
    Chuckyducky

Koodos SB!!!

One other point I'd like to make.

For anyone who is reading, there is a difference between an actor portraying a part and the symptoms of PTSD, experienced by thousands of returning vets. For anyone who is confused, please make that distinction.

Luckily, SBu did us justice today. Good boy!

#30   2013/07/12 10:20AM
    ajsp35801

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote Chuckyducky:

Until Michael Muhney was introduced as a sociopath and made the Newmans look like they were four cents short of a nickel...I...and I'm sorry for this...I used to FF most of her scenes during the '90s and the decade that followed.

To look at her, you'd think a "a fun little bunny" right? I mean, she's blond, blue-eyed and has a nice rack...okay, maybe her skin is a little loose but they have surgeons who can fix that but anyway, she looks fun at first glance. At least that's what I thought when I spotted her. But, dude, that was so not the case.

From 1995 until as recently as 2011, Sharon was wallpaper. I didn't give a crap. I thought when she had an affair with Victoria's fiancé that her personality would perk up but nope, no dice. I thought her feud with Nikki would make her semi-entertaining but that worked for about a minute and it was mostly entertaining on Nikki's side.

And here's one that actually ticked me off because I took the time to watch these scenes (live) during one of my busy seasons...I thought when she and Nick briefly reunited (when he cheated on Phyllis) that it would be EPIC and I was disappointed because even those scenes did nothing for me. It was depressing! I was surprised by that but there you have it.

I know I'm a Chadam fan and this might seem like a subjective opinion (and part of it is) but Chelsea and Michael Muhney's version of Adam weren't always an option. Phyllis and Nick weren't always a fan favorite couple that people rooted for. Before the aforementioned couples existed, there was Sharon and Nick; and not for anything but as much as I tried to think of this character as something worth watching and worth time, I couldn't get into it.

She lacked personality, energy, sense of humor...actually, I could be more blunt than that...I thought Sharon and the writers alike didn't know who the character was and couldn't find her voice. Fortunately, that changed sometime in 2011 but before that...I really had a hard time giving a damn. Which is ironic because this character had been through the mill but she still lacked a voice. It was like watching a blank slate jumping through a series of trials and tribulations. I just did not have any reason to care and I didn't want spend the energy doing so. That's what I meant when I say Sharon bored me.

Moving on to Dylan...he's on now. Steven Burton is, as we discussed, portraying him, and...wait..I might have to take my words back. When given dialogue that tells a story, he delivers. Hmmm....interesting!

I always hated Sharon and her doe eyed innocent expression anytime someone would call her to the carpet...BUT, like I said, it was a love to hate. I never thought she was boring. All her scenes were must see TV...I just had to get that hate in on her. LOL.

Now Chelsea, IMO, is boring as they come and a total waste of space on canvas. And Chadam had zero romantic chemistry IMO. Adam looked like he was kissing his sister. While I despised Shadam, at least they were hot and had great romantic chemistry. Chadam was like watching paint dry...then that stupid Disney Princess themed romance was her death knell for me. Now I just want her gone and off my screen. Adam used to be an interesting character. But now he is ruined by being made a fool of by Chelsea...

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list