List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Was Steven Burton hired to play Jason Morgan 2.0?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Was Steven Burton hired to play Jason Morgan 2.0?

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/11 01:42PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/12 11:38AM, Views: 1965, Replies: 38
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/07/11 03:04PM
    Re: Was Steven Burton hired to play Jason Morgan 2.0?
    ajsp35801

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote ajsp35801: Basically Jason Morgan. Of all the new people, he is the least interesting. And that is saying something when you consider Avery and chelsea.

Oh c'mon, I love Chelsea and Avery. I mean jeeze, no body complained when we were stuck with Nick and/or Sharon for 16 odd frilling years. Does anybody remember what that was like? Let me tell ya, it wasn't easy. If it wasn't for Phyllis, I wouldn't have given two rat patooties but I digress.

Yeah, Steven Burton is a real fine! I thought Y&R struck the mother-load when they hired him. Now, I'm starting to remember why I loathed him on GH. Geeze, the more things change, the more things stay the same!

I complained about Sharon too. She wasn't boring EVER though...I just hated her. LOL. But I understand what you mean, I constantly hear people say that the Winters are boring when I am engrossed in any little thing they do...I mean glued to the screen when either one of them is on....especially Devon.

#12   2013/07/11 03:06PM
    ajsp35801

Quote ladycam: Jason without Sonny is a flop. Could that be why they hired Stitch.Although I like Stitch he's cute. Chelsea's pregnancy is only to tell viewers Dylan's story. That's all I see with Chylan it's all about Dylan. Would have enjoy watching Chelsea pulling her con with one of the random guys that they've being hiring. At least we would learn about her character and be able to root for her. They could have given MCE a chance to be a lead.Instead of support role after 2 years she being on Y&R she earned that IMO.They remove Adam because Dylan is who the spotlight should be on. Which makes me very happy

Chelsea is lying about the father of her child...I don't think many would root for this lying con despite her background story, which we already have by the way. The story just doesn't lend itself to that.

#13   2013/07/11 03:13PM
    Gemini50

Quote 3WishGenie:
    Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote ladycam: Jason without Sonny is a flop. Could that be why they hired Stitch.Although I like Stitch he's cute. Chelsea's pregnancy is only to tell viewers Dylan's story. That's all I see with Chylan it's all about Dylan. Would have enjoy watching Chelsea pulling her con with one of the random guys that they've being hiring. At least we would learn about her character and be able to root for her. They could have given MCE a chance to be a lead.Instead of support role after 2 years she being on Y&R she earned that IMO.They remove Adam because Dylan is who the spotlight should be on. Which makes me very happy

Dylan is who the spotlight should be on or did you mean, JFP removed Adam because she believes the spotlight should be on Dylan because if it's the latter, than I totally agree.

Bottom line, I want better acting! This is the pits!

Of course JFP wants the spotlight on her boy. That's why MM has to be out of the picture and MCE has to be reduced to prop duty. If those two were allowed to actually act around Dylan, they would swallow him whole!

I totally agree with you. If MM and MCE were allowed to act around Dylan, they would swallow him whole. There are some examples already when Adam/Chelsea/Dylan at CL who is the father...SBU was so no existant in that scene, it was all super talented MM and MCE, the best couple on Y&R.

#14   2013/07/11 03:15PM
    Gemini50

JFP has in a short time put her boy front and center and that is not about to change. I want the focus shared with other actors not just SBU.

#15   2013/07/11 03:16PM
    chancegirl

Quote ajsp35801:

Chelsea is lying about the father of her child...I don't think many would root for this lying con despite her background story, which we already have by the way. The story just doesn't lend itself to that.

I can't help it, I am rooting for Chelsea, and I love the winters too. I would love for liv and Nate to return plus yr needs some drs. I wish LA/Mason had been cast as Nate. But my fav is Neil. I am really in to this sl about his past. When Malcolm was presumed dead after Neil slept with Alex was one of my favs. Ii also loved Neil's friendship with Ryan. Neil as an alcoholic broke my heart. Great sl.

ETA did anyone see the love fest between MS and VR on twitter today. I'm shocked.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/11 03:18PM
    #16   2013/07/11 03:31PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote ladycam:
    Quote Chuckyducky:

Dylan is who the spotlight should be on or did you mean, JFP removed Adam because she believes the spotlight should be on Dylan because if it's the latter, than I totally agree.

yes she wants Dylan to be the lead. And the spotlight on him without Adam involve she has a better chance. But then when they trash Chelsea character and Dylan is popular because viewers feel sorry for him. What wouldn't be right is for Chylan to end once he's establish. That's my problem with Chadam don't Adam picking up the pieces. After they finishing throwing Chelsea under the bus for Dylan sake.

It wouldn't be right for Chylan to end once Dylan has been established!?!

Alright...admittedly, I am a biased writer but I am also ruled by logic. Logic tells me the following:

Chelsea is the villain in this story. She's the character who committed paternity fraud and therefore, she must pay the penalty for her actions. If she is not vilified or made accountable for what she has done, then viewers will vilify her regardless of the story's outcome.

That is how viewers honestly react to character's whose past misdeeds are pushed under the rug and forgiven without so much as a door slammed in their face.

Then there are other viewers who look at Dylan as just another poor schlup who never questioned the paternity. I don't imagine these types would feel any out-pouring of sympathy for the character and I don't think they'd care one way or another whether Chelsea stayed or left.

And finally, there are viewers like myself who just do not give a damn. If an actor is hired to entertain and he doesn't live up to the hype, I want my money BACK (as in, I want all the time and energy I poured into watching this bone-head stink up the screen with some interest). If I wanted to stare at a statue, I would've gone to Macy's, parked myself in front of a glass display and watch that for an hour. I didn't need Steven Burton do that. I could bore myself to sleep all by myself.

And just to put this out there, Shadam fans vilify her because she poses a threat to their favorite pair and I understand that but how they've felt about a "threat" is not my concern.

My concern is being stuck with the same type of character that plagued GH and being bored with him.

Chelsea was already established and watching her brought to her lowest, as she puts Dylan and Adam through the mud with this paternity, is actually GOOD for her characterization. I want her to be judged by both men. I want Avery to look at her as a heartless woman. I want people, on the show, to pass by her and shake their head in disgust because only then will viewers come to know or feel something for her. Only then!

#17   2013/07/11 03:32PM
    ajsp35801

Quote chancegirl:
    Quote ajsp35801:

I can't help it, I am rooting for Chelsea, and I love the winters too. I would love for liv and Nate to return plus yr needs some drs. I wish LA/Mason had been cast as Nate. But my fav is Neil. I am really in to this sl about his past. When Malcolm was presumed dead after Neil slept with Alex was one of my favs. Ii also loved Neil's friendship with Ryan. Neil as an alcoholic broke my heart. Great sl.

ETA did anyone see the love fest between MS and VR on twitter today. I'm shocked.

I am sorry. I can't like Chelsea. And I tried being that I hated Shadam so much and I love Chloe...I just don't like that girl.

Stop the f'ing press. Love fest on twitter!?!?!?!? They might as well bury the hatchet and join together to make that soap VR is trying to do a success. I would pay money to watch those two on screen together again! And since TPTB at Sony, CBS, and Y&R have screwed them both, they might as well...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/11 03:36PM
    #18   2013/07/11 03:43PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote ajsp35801: Basically Jason Morgan. Of all the new people, he is the least interesting. And that is saying something when you consider Avery and chelsea.

Oh c'mon, I love Chelsea and Avery. I mean jeeze, no body complained when we were stuck with Nick and/or Sharon for 16 odd frilling years. Does anybody remember what that was like? Let me tell ya, it wasn't easy. If it wasn't for Phyllis, I wouldn't have given two rat patooties but I digress.

Yeah, Steven Burton is a real fine! I thought Y&R struck the mother-load when they hired him. Now, I'm starting to remember why I loathed him on GH. Geeze, the more things change, the more things stay the same!

I complained about Sharon too. She wasn't boring EVER though...I just hated her. LOL. But I understand what you mean, I constantly hear people say that the Winters are boring when I am engrossed in any little thing they do...I mean glued to the screen when either one of them is on....especially Devon.

I do not have selective memory. I remember, vividly, what it was like watching Sharon and Nick. It was a long and dull affair. She was a walking doormat! Had nothing to say for herself and did not have a spine to stand on. At one point, I did root for her. I wanted her to get back at Nick for cheating on her, shortly after Cassie died, and I was one of those Shadam supporters rooting for this couple to take on the world but when she FORGAVE Adam for what he'd done to Faith, when she turned around and started making mooneyes at a man who wrapped a stillborn in a blanket, tossed in a fireplace and then exchanged her child for one that had died...I threw up my hands and GAVE UP.

The woman is STUPID! She acts and talks like she has not one living grey cell left in her head; and she does it with the same "oh-poor-me" expression every single time.

That was not the case with Phyllis. Phyllis would NEVER take that crap. She would never allow any man to do that to her without giving him a piece of her mind. NEVER! Even when Nick cheated on her with Sharon, even when he went back and forth between her and her own sister, Avery...she always acted as if she had an ounce of dignity left in her bones. Yes, Phyllis is flawed and yes, she almost never owns up to her mistakes but at least she does not allow any man to treat her as garbage.

That's what I loved about Chelsea and yes, I still love her till this day but dang it, I can't take this Dylan mess.

#19   2013/07/11 05:05PM
    ladycam

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote ladycam:
    Quote Chuckyducky:

yes she wants Dylan to be the lead. And the spotlight on him without Adam involve she has a better chance. But then when they trash Chelsea character and Dylan is popular because viewers feel sorry for him. What wouldn't be right is for Chylan to end once he's establish. That's my problem with Chadam don't Adam picking up the pieces. After they finishing throwing Chelsea under the bus for Dylan sake.

It wouldn't be right for Chylan to end once Dylan has been established!?!

Alright...admittedly, I am a biased writer but I am also ruled by logic. Logic tells me the following:

Chelsea is the villain in this story. She's the character who committed paternity fraud and therefore, she must pay the penalty for her actions. If she is not vilified or made accountable for what she has done, then viewers will vilify her regardless of the story's outcome.

That is how viewers honestly react to character's whose past misdeeds are pushed under the rug and forgiven without so much as a door slammed in their face.

Then there are other viewers who look at Dylan as just another poor schlup who never questioned the paternity. I don't imagine these types would feel any out-pouring of sympathy for the character and I don't think they'd care one way or another whether Chelsea stayed or left.

And finally, there are viewers like myself who just do not give a damn. If an actor is hired to entertain and he doesn't live up to the hype, I want my money BACK (as in, I want all the time and energy I poured into watching this bone-head stink up the screen with some interest). If I wanted to stare at a statue, I would've gone to Macy's, parked myself in front of a glass display and watch that for an hour. I didn't need Steven Burton do that. I could bore myself to sleep all by myself.

And just to put this out there, Shadam fans vilify her because she poses a threat to their favorite pair and I understand that but how they've felt about a "threat" is not my concern.

My concern is being stuck with the same type of character that plagued GH and being bored with him.

Chelsea was already established and watching her brought to her lowest, as she puts Dylan and Adam through the mud with this paternity, is actually GOOD for her characterization. I want her to be judged by both men. I want Avery to look at her as a heartless woman. I want people, on the show, to pass by her and shake their head in disgust because only then will viewers come to know or feel something for her. Only then!

This is where MCE gets to show her passionate side. By getting Dylan to forgive her and not just move on to the next man.If she doesn't fight for Dylan how can viewers take her seriously with any of her pairing. Chylan do have chemistry they just need a boost of some kind. Chadam the writers went too far they need a good long break. So far they tell us nothing about Chelsea. From what we seen she doesn't even remember Adam.The whole s/l is mess that has gone on too long. Frankly when they removed Adam I lost interest with the whole thing. I use to love Chadam

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/11 05:06PM
    #20   2013/07/11 05:56PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote ladycam:

This is where MCE gets to show her passionate side. By getting Dylan to forgive her and not just move on to the next man.If she doesn't fight for Dylan how can viewers take her seriously with any of her pairing. Chylan do have chemistry they just need a boost of some kind. Chadam the writers went too far they need a good long break. So far they tell us nothing about Chelsea. From what we seen she doesn't even remember Adam.The whole s/l is mess that has gone on too long. Frankly when they removed Adam I lost interest with the whole thing. I use to love Chadam

I've lost interest with the ENTIRE story.

I no longer care enough to tune in. I do not feel like checking in, everyday, to find out if Chelsea came clean with a character who does not have any personality, charm, sense of humor or any recognizable facial expression except the one used to emote utter and complete aloofness.

Watching Dylan is like watching a 38 minute run at Dumb & Dumber, only the joke is on the audience.

I want to feel something when I watch him. I want to laugh when he makes a wry joke and cheer him on when he's being beaten down; and there isn't any incentive to do that. The skill needed to inform the audience that we are watching a nuanced and complex character is NOT there.

Now, I understand for you, you're seeing something differently but for me, I shouldn't have to work this hard to feel something for Dylan.

And before I get into Chelsea, I want you read what I typed and understand where I am coming from. My gripe with Dylan is about the portrayer's inability to rise to the occasion and prove he was worth hiring. Let's digest that before we move on to Chelsea.

The type of passion you're looking for in Chelsea is one I'd like to see as well but I don't want to see it used to fight for a man like Dylan. I want someone who is as equally as passionate as Chelsea and for me, that character is Adam. She is just as deceptive and deceiving as Adam, so why wouldn't she those same traits when push comes to shove.

I also wouldn't mind it if she sought "passion" in the arms of a female companion such as Cane's new assistant, Hilary or in her new gal-pal, Avery (I'm open to a little girl-on-girl action) but I digress.

The passion I want from Chelsea should provoke thoughtful, meaningful and profound reactions from viewers and fans alike and as of recently, that is not the case. The type of passion that moves viewers to tears and makes them want to defend a character is ABSENT in her scenes with Dylan; and there is a reason for that. The character lacks insight. Her scenes, as of late, lacks conscious thought. Viewers do not know why she does what she does and they do not care. Heck, people didn't care before and now the writers and executive producers are given them more to gripe about.

Give me a scene where she laments on her insecurities and how she hated seeing Adam with Sharon at every turn, and I'll show you viewers who will flock to her defense.

Give me a scene where she coldly calculates how much she can manipulate Dylan into doing what she wants while she struggles with her guilt and her unexplained anxieties and I'll pinpoint (to you) where this character's passion lies.

I understand you are a Chylan fan and you would like me to address that but I can't do that for you. I'm not a Dylan fan. I don't see passion. I don't see any honest, insightful, hard-hitting stories being told with this pairing. I don't see the chemistry between Dylan and Chelsea or Dylan and anyone else for that matter. I'm simply bored with the character and I think he should be written off.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list