List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Was Steven Burton hired to play Jason Morgan 2.0?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Was Steven Burton hired to play Jason Morgan 2.0?

Started by Chuckyducky at 2013/07/11 01:42PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/12 11:38AM, Views: 1990, Replies: 38
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/07/11 01:42PM
    Was Steven Burton hired to play Jason Morgan 2.0?
    Chuckyducky

Not for anything but was Steven Burton hired to play the fabled Jason Morgan from 'General Hospital?'

I know he's a fan favorite and I commend those fans for loyally following his career but I'm not sure what all the fuss was about. His dialogue, what little there is, doesn't advance the story. Having Avery tell her and Dylan's story actually established Avery's development and not necessarily Dylan's; so it would be great if they could pile on an additional five-page dialogue to help me understand why I should care about this character.

They don't have to make him into a Saint nor do they have to vilify him (which would go against "type" for characters Steven Burton usually plays and would actually challenge him to play a character who could be dangerous but also reasonably redeemed), they could simply make him relatable.

If they plan to spend all this time on him, I expect something in return and I'm not getting anything, here. Just a big ole blank stare and buff-looking mute man.

Speaking of buff, if they don't plan to have him speak more than five words at a time, then have him and Adam walk around without any shirts on and make me happy. I'm sure millions of viewers wouldn't mind if they were shirtless, so do the next best thing if coming up with story-advancing dialogue is too much to ask for.

By the way, I was serious. Is this guy playing Jason Morgan or a new, totally dissimilar character...because if I didn't know any better...

#2   2013/07/11 01:46PM
    Re: Was Steven Burton hired to play Jason Morgan 2.0?
    ajsp35801

Basically Jason Morgan. Of all the new people, he is the least interesting. And that is saying something when you consider Avery and chelsea.

#3   2013/07/11 01:59PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote ajsp35801: Basically Jason Morgan. Of all the new people, he is the least interesting. And that is saying something when you consider Avery and chelsea.

Oh c'mon, I love Chelsea and Avery. I mean jeeze, no body complained when we were stuck with Nick and/or Sharon for 16 odd frilling years. Does anybody remember what that was like? Let me tell ya, it wasn't easy. If it wasn't for Phyllis, I wouldn't have given two rat patooties but I digress.

Yeah, Steven Burton is a real fine! I thought Y&R struck the mother-load when they hired him. Now, I'm starting to remember why I loathed him on GH. Geeze, the more things change, the more things stay the same!

#4   2013/07/11 02:07PM
    ladycam

Jason without Sonny is a flop. Could that be why they hired Stitch.Although I like Stitch he's cute. Chelsea's pregnancy is only to tell viewers Dylan's story. That's all I see with Chylan it's all about Dylan. Would have enjoy watching Chelsea pulling her con with one of the random guys that they've being hiring. At least we would learn about her character and be able to root for her. They could have given MCE a chance to be a lead.Instead of support role after 2 years she being on Y&R she earned that IMO.They remove Adam because Dylan is who the spotlight should be on. Which makes me very happy

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/11 02:08PM
    #5   2013/07/11 02:21PM
    Chuckyducky

Quote ladycam: Jason without Sonny is a flop. Could that be why they hired Stitch.Although I like Stitch he's cute. Chelsea's pregnancy is only to tell viewers Dylan's story. That's all I see with Chylan it's all about Dylan. Would have enjoy watching Chelsea pulling her con with one of the random guys that they've being hiring. At least we would learn about her character and be able to root for her. They could have given MCE a chance to be a lead.Instead of support role after 2 years she being on Y&R she earned that IMO.They remove Adam because Dylan is who the spotlight should be on. Which makes me very happy

Dylan is who the spotlight should be on or did you mean, JFP removed Adam because she believes the spotlight should be on Dylan because if it's the latter, than I totally agree.

Bottom line, I want better acting! This is the pits!

#6   2013/07/11 02:37PM
    ladycam

Quote Chuckyducky:
    Quote ladycam: Jason without Sonny is a flop. Could that be why they hired Stitch.Although I like Stitch he's cute. Chelsea's pregnancy is only to tell viewers Dylan's story. That's all I see with Chylan it's all about Dylan. Would have enjoy watching Chelsea pulling her con with one of the random guys that they've being hiring. At least we would learn about her character and be able to root for her. They could have given MCE a chance to be a lead.Instead of support role after 2 years she being on Y&R she earned that IMO.They remove Adam because Dylan is who the spotlight should be on. Which makes me very happy

Dylan is who the spotlight should be on or did you mean, JFP removed Adam because she believes the spotlight should be on Dylan because if it's the latter, than I totally agree.

yes she wants Dylan to be the lead. And the spotlight on him without Adam involve she has a better chance. But then when they trash Chelsea character and Dylan is popular because viewers feel sorry for him. What wouldn't be right is for Chylan to end once he's establish. That's my problem with Chadam don't Adam picking up the pieces. After they finishing throwing Chelsea under the bus for Dylan sake.

#7   2013/07/11 02:46PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote ajsp35801: Basically Jason Morgan. Of all the new people, he is the least interesting. And that is saying something when you consider Avery and chelsea.

???? no words ???

#8   2013/07/11 02:51PM
    Homesick Cajun

Hi Chucky, I have never seen Steve Burton in anything prior to YnR, having said that, with all the hype surrounding his joining the show, I kept reading over and over what an addition he would be, what a good actor, blah blah blah. Anyway, thus far I don't see it. Maybe it's him. Maybe it's the writing for the character, or the character itself. I can't figure it out. The results just don't match the hype. To me anyway.

#9   2013/07/11 02:53PM
    3WishGenie

Quote Chuckyducky:

Of course JFP wants the spotlight on her boy. That's why MM has to be out of the picture and MCE has to be reduced to prop duty. If those two were allowed to actually act around Dylan, they would swallow him whole!

#10   2013/07/11 02:53PM
    gardengal

Chucky, I don't think SB likes to go shirtless. Its either due to his wife or religion.

I came to loathe Jason, but Jason was a legacy character. So it was a love to hate kind of thing. The brain injury made Jason literally Stone Cold.

SB is great at stoic performances, and doing the alpha male. Dylan's story with Chelsea makes him the biggest dope ever. Kind of negates the soldier alpha male thing. The PTSD needs an emotional performer. That's just not SB forte. I suspect Stitch is to assist in the emotional aspect. As you say Avery was doing some emotional backstory for Dylan. Chelsea has been so scaled down its a crime, but she has to be to make SB's Dylan work. Quite frankly SB was miscast.

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list