List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: OMG! I think I just got it regarding one twist.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

OMG! I think I just got it regarding one twist.

Started by jacksmyguy at 2013/07/10 11:17AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/12 10:19AM, Views: 8114, Replies: 83
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #71   2013/07/12 09:01AM
    Re: OMG! I think I just got it regarding one twist.
    LucySnowe

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote pocketvenus: I have been wondering what kind of effect this news would have on Victor- I don't see anything changing with the paternity results now-- the cat is out of the bag. I realize anything is possible in soap land, but there must be at least one of characters directly involved who want the real truth, if not Summer than Jack for sure..

Victor did state that Jack has always tried to best him and that he's now trying to take away his granddaughter, making this all about him. So it wouldn't urprise me in the least if he paid someone to mess with the test just so that Jack is bested again by the Newmans...

Victor did NOT KNOW. I agree that Victor has a hand in this, but that is because he was after Sharon, NOT Summer. Victor's role in this is that he changed Sharon's medication causing Sharon to interfere with Summer's paternity results. Victor does not have ESP. So he has KNOW about something before he can try to change it. Why don't we stick to what the writers are telling us and showing us.

First of all, I'm not an idiot, so please do not address me as such; about why don't we stick to what the writers are telling us and showing us. We are all speculating here.
    Second, I never implied that Victor had ESP or knew about this test. In my opinion, the op is speculating that Victor is upset about this test because he doesn't want Jack to have bested him again by Summer being his, so what he does is either somehow changes the second paternity test, the 99% conclusive one, yet again, so that Summer is Nick's daughter again. Either he does that, or he somehow makes it look like Sharon has changed the second test, the 99% conclusive one, which Phyllis somehow finds out and believes, which leads to a confrontation between Sharon and Phyllis.
    It could be that Sharon changed the test, it could be that Victor manipulates the situation as pay-back for Sharon. And if we're sticking to what the writers are telling us and showing us, they haven't yet shown us that Victor messed with Sharon's meds. Until I see proof that Sharon actually changed the second test, I am entitled to speculate.

Thank you for this. I am the OP of this post and your interpretation is correct. I was just speculating about a possible twist coming in the story, emphasis on possible, but I've noticed that one person in particular always seems to pop up in every post going and tries to turn everything around to their own viewpoint with their not so subtle/hidden dislike of certain characters on the show. I haven't been on this board very long but I found out quickly that it does no good to respond to her as it just fuels more of the same. For the most part, I read the comments made by this person out of curiosity and then choose to ignore them when they prove to be the same old worn-out story.

Hey Jacksmyguy (he's my guy too!!), I hear you. I actually have more or less (but not completely) stopped coming to this board because of said poster. She riles me up too much and it stops being fun.

I think anything can happen at this point. If they undo the paternity and make Summer Nick's after all this, well, that would be stupid, insulting storytelling. (Who punks an audience in a story that is seven to eight years in the making?) So I'm hoping there will be further twists after the rumoured one with Sharon's tampering. She may very well have "imagined" the whole tampering, the way she is being presented (as so delusional as to "see" Cassie grown up). So, we don't know what's up. Right now I'm enjoying the beautiful performances, by PB in particular (amazing he can act, considering he is sooooooo old. /end sarcasm). Plus the chemistry between Jack and Summer as father daughter is a beautiful thing to behold. If the writers think it's worth killing that for Kyle and Summer, the newbie couple of zero chemistry. Then everyone loses, imo.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/12 09:05AM
    #72   2013/07/12 09:11AM
    jacksmyguy

Thanks LucySnowe. I totally agree. Please don't let anyone drive you away from this board. I enjoy your viewpoints.

#73   2013/07/12 09:14AM
    go2girl

Quote jokedd:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote jacksmyguy: After watching today's show regarding Billy and the promo for tomorrow's show, I think I figured out one twist coming. It's not Sharon, who some people suspected might switch the paternity results - it's going to be VICTOR. Victor has already gotten Billy hooked on gambling again to split up Billy and Victoria. When Nick tells daddy dearest tomorrow that he is not Summer's biological father and that Jack is her true father, this will enrage Victor as he will see how much this hurts his son and also gives his mortal enemy (Jack) something that his family will lose. We all know that Victor claims to be all about his family and his so-called love for his children. Victor will find a way to switch the paternity results (maybe by using a hairbrush) to show that Nick is still her dad because Victor cannot accept Jack coming out the winner in this scenario. Victor will then blame the second paternity test results (the ones showing Jack to be Summer's father) on Sharon as her desperate attempt to hold onto Nick. He will make Sharon look like the guilty party and because of her current delusional state of mind Nick would believe this. Nick will not want to go back with Sharon because he will believe daddy's frame-up of Sharon. This will also keep Nick's world intact with Summer and Avery, although temporarily, and will again give Victor the upper hand against both Billy and Jack. What do you think?

The only person who knew about Summer was Sharon.

And Sharon didn't know Nick was redoing a test...

Sharon saw Nick at the hospital in front of the lab. Even Sharon can figure that out! lol

She saw him and asked what he was doing. He told her he was getting a physical and then they parted ways. She didn't follow him! lol

Sharon is not THAT DUMB. lol

YES, she is. lol! And she's that innocent...

LOL @ Sharon being innocent.

LOL @ Sharon being capable of tampering with a paternity test. And so what if she did? Summer is still Jack's, not Nick's.

#74   2013/07/12 09:16AM
    go2girl

Quote jokedd:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote countryMomof4: As of yet, Sharon doesn't know what the results are OR that it was actually Nick who lied. Just like Avery, she may be assuming that Phyllis is the one who lied.

I could see Victor messing with a new test if Jack decides he wants one. He isn't going to like losing his granddaughter to Jack one little bit. I could also see him blaming the messing on Sharon. He still wants her to pay for burning down the ranch.

Sharon has full access to the tack house, inside and out. Since she lives next door, she knows exactly when the mail is delivered. So she could very easily have gotten the letter from the lab and opened it. If the letter says Summer is not Nick's, there is nothing to do. If the letter says she IS Nick's, Sharon just goes back to the hospital, ask for a piece of lab stationary to leave a note for someone and copies the letter the lab sent to Nick, BUT she would say Nick is NOT the father. Very simple and very quick. It could all be done in a few hours, maybe less.

Too far-fetched & would lose viewers. Hopefully the writers are more creative than that. Also, Sharon doesn't know when the mail is delivered nor has she checked the mail.

It may lose some viewers but will make some tune in to see the further destruction of Sharon.

And those viewers that tue in will be lost...not knowing if they're coming or going, lol.

#75   2013/07/12 09:20AM
    go2girl

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote pocketvenus: I have been wondering what kind of effect this news would have on Victor- I don't see anything changing with the paternity results now-- the cat is out of the bag. I realize anything is possible in soap land, but there must be at least one of characters directly involved who want the real truth, if not Summer than Jack for sure..

Victor did state that Jack has always tried to best him and that he's now trying to take away his granddaughter, making this all about him. So it wouldn't urprise me in the least if he paid someone to mess with the test just so that Jack is bested again by the Newmans...

Victor did NOT KNOW. I agree that Victor has a hand in this, but that is because he was after Sharon, NOT Summer. Victor's role in this is that he changed Sharon's medication causing Sharon to interfere with Summer's paternity results. Victor does not have ESP. So he has KNOW about something before he can try to change it. Why don't we stick to what the writers are telling us and showing us.

First of all, I'm not an idiot, so please do not address me as such; about why don't we stick to what the writers are telling us and showing us. We are all speculating here.
    Second, I never implied that Victor had ESP or knew about this test. In my opinion, the op is speculating that Victor is upset about this test because he doesn't want Jack to have bested him again by Summer being his, so what he does is either somehow changes the second paternity test, the 99% conclusive one, yet again, so that Summer is Nick's daughter again. Either he does that, or he somehow makes it look like Sharon has changed the second test, the 99% conclusive one, which Phyllis somehow finds out and believes, which leads to a confrontation between Sharon and Phyllis.
    It could be that Sharon changed the test, it could be that Victor manipulates the situation as pay-back for Sharon. And if we're sticking to what the writers are telling us and showing us, they haven't yet shown us that Victor messed with Sharon's meds. Until I see proof that Sharon actually changed the second test, I am entitled to speculate.

Thank you for this. I am the OP of this post and your interpretation is correct. I was just speculating about a possible twist coming in the story, emphasis on possible, but I've noticed that one person in particular always seems to pop up in every post going and tries to turn everything around to their own viewpoint with their not so subtle/hidden dislike of certain characters on the show. I haven't been on this board very long but I found out quickly that it does no good to respond to her as it just fuels more of the same. For the most part, I read the comments made by this person out of curiosity and then choose to ignore them when they prove to be the same old worn-out story.

I often ignore the delusions too!

#76   2013/07/12 09:26AM
    go2girl

Quote LucySnowe: Hey Jacksmyguy (he's my guy too!!), I hear you. I actually have more or less (but not completely) stopped coming to this board because of said poster. She riles me up too much and it stops being fun.

I think anything can happen at this point. If they undo the paternity and make Summer Nick's after all this, well, that would be stupid, insulting storytelling. (Who punks an audience in a story that is seven to eight years in the making?) So I'm hoping there will be further twists after the rumoured one with Sharon's tampering. She may very well have "imagined" the whole tampering, the way she is being presented (as so delusional as to "see" Cassie grown up). So, we don't know what's up. Right now I'm enjoying the beautiful performances, by PB in particular (amazing he can act, considering he is sooooooo old. /end sarcasm). Plus the chemistry between Jack and Summer as father daughter is a beautiful thing to behold. If the writers think it's worth killing that for Kyle and Summer, the newbie couple of zero chemistry. Then everyone loses, imo.

Lucy, they aren't changing Summer's paternity back to Nick and making us relive that lie for another eternity. And even if they do write it that way on the show, we all know the truth...that Summer belongs to Jack. As far as Summer & Kyle...BWHAHAHAHAHA, they have NO chemistry and are like watching paint dry, as if they are brother & sister...b/c they are! The writers have picked up on this on probably don't want to bore the audience.

Stick around, you are well liked!

#77   2013/07/12 09:29AM
    LucySnowe

Quote jacksmyguy: Thanks LucySnowe. I totally agree. Please don't let anyone drive you away from this board. I enjoy your viewpoints.

Thanks! You're right. I am just disappointed in myself when I get annoyed with posters. I watch and comment about this show for pleasure. Not to add stress to my life. So, I need to lighten up and, sometimes, step away.

#78   2013/07/12 09:33AM
    LucySnowe

Quote go2girl:
    Quote LucySnowe: Hey Jacksmyguy (he's my guy too!!), I hear you. I actually have more or less (but not completely) stopped coming to this board because of said poster. She riles me up too much and it stops being fun.

Lucy, they aren't changing Summer's paternity back to Nick and making us relive that lie for another eternity. And even if they do write it that way on the show, we all know the truth...that Summer belongs to Jack. As far as Summer & Kyle...BWHAHAHAHAHA, they have NO chemistry and are like watching paint dry, as if they are brother & sister...b/c they are! The writers have picked up on this on probably don't want to bore the audience.

Thanks! You too!
    I love your conviction. I too cannot believe they would go this route and put us through this emotional ringer to say, Gotcha!! And, yes, tptb cannot have missed the nothing vibe between the siblings, can they? Plus, Phyllis is leaving, that's a given (either a coma or something) and so Jack would lose her AND have Summer snatched away in such a cruel fashion? And poor Sharon. She's an innocent in all this and to make her the heavy in the Phick story. Gah. That is beyond stupid. Okay, I'm joining the train again. Jack is Summer's daddy and ain't nothing changing that.

#79   2013/07/12 09:46AM
    go2girl

Quote LucySnowe:
    Quote go2girl:

Thanks! You too!
    I love your conviction. I too cannot believe they would go this route and put us through this emotional ringer to say, Gotcha!! And, yes, tptb cannot have missed the nothing vibe between the siblings, can they? Plus, Phyllis is leaving, that's a given (either a coma or something) and so Jack would lose her AND have Summer snatched away in such a cruel fashion? And poor Sharon. She's an innocent in all this and to make her the heavy in the Phick story. Gah. That is beyond stupid. Okay, I'm joining the train again. Jack is Summer's daddy and ain't nothing changing that.

Well, I truly don't care what they write about this, they confirmed for months what most viewers believed all along...that Jack is bio-daddy. If they "twist" it to say Jack isn't, I'm sure they will "turn" it back to the truth. Some viewers may be being led to believe that Jack being bio-daddy isn't true but we all know it's TRUTH!
    Furthermore, I would stand in my living room and applaud Sharon IF she did tamper with the latest paternity results (which she didn't) so Phyllis would FINALLY get a little of her own karma!

#80   2013/07/12 09:53AM
    trinilisa

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote trinilisa:

I, myself, am not exactly suttle about the characters I hate either. However, I try my hardest not to appear condescending or attacking when posting to someone, even if my viewpoint is different to theirs. I guess it's dificult when typing on a message board; it's hard to figure out expressions in the way people talked to you. That said, if I interpret something as being attacked, I will call someone out on it, which, while may not always be the right thing to do, is my natural reaction...hope I didn't come off to harsh actually...

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list