List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: OMG! I think I just got it regarding one twist.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

OMG! I think I just got it regarding one twist.

Started by jacksmyguy at 2013/07/10 11:17AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/12 10:19AM, Views: 8258, Replies: 83
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #61   2013/07/12 12:27AM
    Re: OMG! I think I just got it regarding one twist.
    go2girl

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote pocketvenus: I have been wondering what kind of effect this news would have on Victor- I don't see anything changing with the paternity results now-- the cat is out of the bag. I realize anything is possible in soap land, but there must be at least one of characters directly involved who want the real truth, if not Summer than Jack for sure..

Victor did state that Jack has always tried to best him and that he's now trying to take away his granddaughter, making this all about him. So it wouldn't urprise me in the least if he paid someone to mess with the test just so that Jack is bested again by the Newmans...

Ahhh, the twists and turns...

#62   2013/07/12 12:30AM
    go2girl

Quote Kimmd:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote pocketvenus: I have been wondering what kind of effect this news would have on Victor- I don't see anything changing with the paternity results now-- the cat is out of the bag. I realize anything is possible in soap land, but there must be at least one of characters directly involved who want the real truth, if not Summer than Jack for sure..

Victor did state that Jack has always tried to best him and that he's now trying to take away his granddaughter, making this all about him. So it wouldn't urprise me in the least if he paid someone to mess with the test just so that Jack is bested again by the Newmans...

Victor did NOT KNOW. I agree that Victor has a hand in this, but that is because he was after Sharon, NOT Summer. Victor's role in this is that he changed Sharon's medication causing Sharon to interfere with Summer's paternity results. Victor does not have ESP. So he has KNOW about something before he can try to change it. Why don't we stick to what the writers are telling us and showing us.

The writers told us Loud & Clear that SUMMER IS JACK'S......like many of us already knew all along.

#63   2013/07/12 02:37AM
    jokedd

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote daisy1984: Except that the reason for breaking the news now was to keep Summer and Kyle apart. If they think they are not related, then they would have no reason not to see each other. That would be a real problem if they are in fact brother and sister. A reversal of the test results now to show that Nick is the faterh would be too suspicious. Sharon has been acting so goofy that I could almost believe she did something to try and get Nick back.

Yes, I think Sharon is the culprit. Also, if Victor fakes it, then, like another poster stated, Summer and Kyle would probably start dating again.

I remember the fortune teller saying to Kyle that he had already met his love, but there would be many twists in the road for them. IMO that love is Summer...

The fortune teller keeps ringing in my ears too. I think that Sharon messed with the tests. I do not think Victor had anything to do with this. I think Summer and Kyle are headed to be the next future couple.. I think Sharon is going to have a complete mental breakdown. She is totally delusional right now. Not even one word of anger to Nick for what he has done.. She is going to be the next cray cray patty in town.

#64   2013/07/12 03:13AM
    jokedd

Quote go2girl:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote go2girl:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote jacksmyguy: After watching today's show regarding Billy and the promo for tomorrow's show, I think I figured out one twist coming. It's not Sharon, who some people suspected might switch the paternity results - it's going to be VICTOR. Victor has already gotten Billy hooked on gambling again to split up Billy and Victoria. When Nick tells daddy dearest tomorrow that he is not Summer's biological father and that Jack is her true father, this will enrage Victor as he will see how much this hurts his son and also gives his mortal enemy (Jack) something that his family will lose. We all know that Victor claims to be all about his family and his so-called love for his children. Victor will find a way to switch the paternity results (maybe by using a hairbrush) to show that Nick is still her dad because Victor cannot accept Jack coming out the winner in this scenario. Victor will then blame the second paternity test results (the ones showing Jack to be Summer's father) on Sharon as her desperate attempt to hold onto Nick. He will make Sharon look like the guilty party and because of her current delusional state of mind Nick would believe this. Nick will not want to go back with Sharon because he will believe daddy's frame-up of Sharon. This will also keep Nick's world intact with Summer and Avery, although temporarily, and will again give Victor the upper hand against both Billy and Jack. What do you think?

The only person who knew about Summer was Sharon.

And Sharon didn't know Nick was redoing a test...

Sharon saw Nick at the hospital in front of the lab. Even Sharon can figure that out! lol

She saw him and asked what he was doing. He told her he was getting a physical and then they parted ways. She didn't follow him! lol

Sharon is not THAT DUMB. lol

YES, she is. lol! And she's that innocent...

LOL @ Sharon being innocent.

#65   2013/07/12 04:00AM
    jokedd

Quote sharonismygirl:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote HOT PINK: While this is a good theory, I don't believe the paternity tests were changed. There's no way Victor would hand his granddaughter over to Jack Abbott, a man he has despised for years. I remember the look on Jack's face when he delivered Summer in that elevator and have always felt he is her father.

If they change Summer's paternity (yet again), all the months of watching this story-line unfold and the fabulous acting by PB, HK, MS and JM will have been a total waste (and let-down), in my opinion. I believe Jack is Summer's father, and I am looking forward to watching them bond as father/daughter.

Some folks WANT Jack to be Summer's father. The question is does JFP want 60 year old Jack Abbott to be the father of her future leading lady? In fact, where does Jack Abbott fit into JFP's vision for Y&R?

Maybe Jack can be Faith's father!

Jack is not 60 years old!....He is in his mid to late 40's!

Judy

He has a 40 yr old son. How the heck could he be 40. He is a Vietnam Vet.

#66   2013/07/12 04:02AM
    jokedd

Quote go2girl:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote countryMomof4: As of yet, Sharon doesn't know what the results are OR that it was actually Nick who lied. Just like Avery, she may be assuming that Phyllis is the one who lied.

I could see Victor messing with a new test if Jack decides he wants one. He isn't going to like losing his granddaughter to Jack one little bit. I could also see him blaming the messing on Sharon. He still wants her to pay for burning down the ranch.

Sharon has full access to the tack house, inside and out. Since she lives next door, she knows exactly when the mail is delivered. So she could very easily have gotten the letter from the lab and opened it. If the letter says Summer is not Nick's, there is nothing to do. If the letter says she IS Nick's, Sharon just goes back to the hospital, ask for a piece of lab stationary to leave a note for someone and copies the letter the lab sent to Nick, BUT she would say Nick is NOT the father. Very simple and very quick. It could all be done in a few hours, maybe less.

Too far-fetched & would lose viewers. Hopefully the writers are more creative than that. Also, Sharon doesn't know when the mail is delivered nor has she checked the mail.

It may lose some viewers but will make some tune in to see the further destruction of Sharon.

#67   2013/07/12 05:59AM
    trinilisa

Quote Kimmd:
    Quote trinilisa:

Victor did NOT KNOW. I agree that Victor has a hand in this, but that is because he was after Sharon, NOT Summer. Victor's role in this is that he changed Sharon's medication causing Sharon to interfere with Summer's paternity results. Victor does not have ESP. So he has KNOW about something before he can try to change it. Why don't we stick to what the writers are telling us and showing us.

First of all, I'm not an idiot, so please do not address me as such; about why don't we stick to what the writers are telling us and showing us. We are all speculating here.
    Second, I never implied that Victor had ESP or knew about this test. In my opinion, the op is speculating that Victor is upset about this test because he doesn't want Jack to have bested him again by Summer being his, so what he does is either somehow changes the second paternity test, the 99% conclusive one, yet again, so that Summer is Nick's daughter again. Either he does that, or he somehow makes it look like Sharon has changed the second test, the 99% conclusive one, which Phyllis somehow finds out and believes, which leads to a confrontation between Sharon and Phyllis.
    It could be that Sharon changed the test, it could be that Victor manipulates the situation as pay-back for Sharon. And if we're sticking to what the writers are telling us and showing us, they haven't yet shown us that Victor messed with Sharon's meds. Until I see proof that Sharon actually changed the second test, I am entitled to speculate.

#68   2013/07/12 06:06AM
    trinilisa

Quote Kimmd:
    Quote Ms Ayers:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote trinilisa:

I haven't really been adding to these types of threads lately but i really think that you are going to be disappointed. There will be no change with the paternity they didn't show it. Yes Sharon wants her family back and rightfully so and maybe her mind is daydreaming about her family with Nick alot but i don't think she did a "Phyllis" to make that happen. You will see.

I know what's going to happen. It's playing out next week. You say I will be disappointed but Michelle Stafford tweeted to her fans that we would love what is coming up in July. She tweeted this 3 times! So I'll take Michelle's word, thanks!

I'm no Sharon fan, but SC also apparently tweeted that her fans and Shick fans would like the outcome as well. So I guess both fan bases are believing their fav.

#69   2013/07/12 06:11AM
    trinilisa

Quote Kimmd:
    Quote jacksmyguy: All I know is that if the writers change the paternity results back to Nick that will be a crime after all that has transpired. I'm not a big fan of reading anyone's tweets or spoilers ahead of time, as that spoils the fun of watching the story unfold daily and speculating on what might happen next or what I think should happen based on the show's history. Add to that the fact that some people like to throw false info into the air to see who will bite. If the writers give Summer back to Nick at this point I feel that it will only be done in an attempt to make Nick look sympathetic and try to redeem his character.

Jack Abbott is the last man who needs to be rewarded with a child. Phaters were gleefully throwing Summer under the bus because she was Phick's child. I don't want Faith to be Jack's child. I would much rather see her be Billy's kid. For all his faults, Billy is a wonderful father.

I do have to agree with you that Billy is a very good father imho...

#70   2013/07/12 08:51AM
    jacksmyguy

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote trinilisa:

First of all, I'm not an idiot, so please do not address me as such; about why don't we stick to what the writers are telling us and showing us. We are all speculating here.
    Second, I never implied that Victor had ESP or knew about this test. In my opinion, the op is speculating that Victor is upset about this test because he doesn't want Jack to have bested him again by Summer being his, so what he does is either somehow changes the second paternity test, the 99% conclusive one, yet again, so that Summer is Nick's daughter again. Either he does that, or he somehow makes it look like Sharon has changed the second test, the 99% conclusive one, which Phyllis somehow finds out and believes, which leads to a confrontation between Sharon and Phyllis.
    It could be that Sharon changed the test, it could be that Victor manipulates the situation as pay-back for Sharon. And if we're sticking to what the writers are telling us and showing us, they haven't yet shown us that Victor messed with Sharon's meds. Until I see proof that Sharon actually changed the second test, I am entitled to speculate.

Thank you for this. I am the OP of this post and your interpretation is correct. I was just speculating about a possible twist coming in the story, emphasis on possible, but I've noticed that one person in particular always seems to pop up in every post going and tries to turn everything around to their own viewpoint with their not so subtle/hidden dislike of certain characters on the show. I haven't been on this board very long but I found out quickly that it does no good to respond to her as it just fuels more of the same. For the most part, I read the comments made by this person out of curiosity and then choose to ignore them when they prove to be the same old worn-out story.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list