List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: OMG! I think I just got it regarding one twist.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

OMG! I think I just got it regarding one twist.

Started by jacksmyguy at 2013/07/10 11:17AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/12 10:19AM, Views: 8419, Replies: 83
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #21   2013/07/10 03:46PM
    Re: OMG! I think I just got it regarding one twist.
    Kimmd

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote Kimmd:
    Quote HOT PINK: While this is a good theory, I don't believe the paternity tests were changed. There's no way Victor would hand his granddaughter over to Jack Abbott, a man he has despised for years. I remember the look on Jack's face when he delivered Summer in that elevator and have always felt he is her father.

If they change Summer's paternity (yet again), all the months of watching this story-line unfold and the fabulous acting by PB, HK, MS and JM will have been a total waste (and let-down), in my opinion. I believe Jack is Summer's father, and I am looking forward to watching them bond as father/daughter.

Some folks WANT Jack to be Summer's father. The question is does JFP want 60 year old Jack Abbott to be the father of her future leading lady? In fact, where does Jack Abbott fit into JFP's vision for Y&R?

Maybe Jack can be Faith's father!

Sorry, I have to respectfully say I don't see what Jack's age has to do with him being Summer's father. Since JFP is three years older than Peter Bergman, I think she would know how to write for "older" actors. I don't presume to know what her vision for YR is. But, I would hope she wants to write heart-felt stories that bring back the feel of the really GREAT days of YR.

JFP's rep is very well known. It has to do with JFP doing what she was hired to do, write a show that attracts younger viewers.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/10 03:47PM
    #22   2013/07/10 04:07PM
    habbyfan

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote HOT PINK: While this is a good theory, I don't believe the paternity tests were changed. There's no way Victor would hand his granddaughter over to Jack Abbott, a man he has despised for years. I remember the look on Jack's face when he delivered Summer in that elevator and have always felt he is her father.

If they change Summer's paternity (yet again), all the months of watching this story-line unfold and the fabulous acting by PB, HK, MS and JM will have been a total waste (and let-down), in my opinion. I believe Jack is Summer's father, and I am looking forward to watching them bond as father/daughter.

You misunderstand what I was trying to say. Victor didn't change the paternity results showing Jack to be Summer's father. I think Victor will find a way to make the second results that Nick just got back to look like Sharon messed with those results to get Nick back with her again. Victor will not accept that Nick is not Summer's father and that Jack is, that Summer is not a Newman, and will not want to see Nick in pain over this. Therefore, my guess is that Victor will find a way to manipulate the results of the second (true) test results showing Jack as her father to be another messed up result (a mix-up in the testing lab?) and he will fudge the results of that second test (maybe paying off a lab technician to falsify the results of that second test and having the lab notify Nick that they made an error in their findings) reverting results back to his son. When Nick questions how this could happen, Victor will play dumb and suggest (or put the suggestion in Nick's mind) that Sharon may be behind either one or both of the first two tests coming out like they did because she didn't want Nick to be Summer's father. This is just speculation on my part but I just think that Victor will be in this up to his mustache.

I believe this too ... then if Phyllis snaps and goes after Sharon causing a scuffle ... it will all be on Victor.

#23   2013/07/10 04:11PM
    habbyfan

Quote Kimmd:
    Quote jacksmyguy: After watching today's show regarding Billy and the promo for tomorrow's show, I think I figured out one twist coming. It's not Sharon, who some people suspected might switch the paternity results - it's going to be VICTOR. Victor has already gotten Billy hooked on gambling again to split up Billy and Victoria. When Nick tells daddy dearest tomorrow that he is not Summer's biological father and that Jack is her true father, this will enrage Victor as he will see how much this hurts his son and also gives his mortal enemy (Jack) something that his family will lose. We all know that Victor claims to be all about his family and his so-called love for his children. Victor will find a way to switch the paternity results (maybe by using a hairbrush) to show that Nick is still her dad because Victor cannot accept Jack coming out the winner in this scenario. Victor will then blame the second paternity test results (the ones showing Jack to be Summer's father) on Sharon as her desperate attempt to hold onto Nick. He will make Sharon look like the guilty party and because of her current delusional state of mind Nick would believe this. Nick will not want to go back with Sharon because he will believe daddy's frame-up of Sharon. This will also keep Nick's world intact with Summer and Avery, although temporarily, and will again give Victor the upper hand against both Billy and Jack. What do you think?

The only person who knew about Summer was Sharon.

Nope ... Sharon only heard Nick say he could not lose Summer ... after losing Cassie.

Sharon only saw Nick going to the lab and I don't see how she could get into the lab.

#24   2013/07/10 04:18PM
    habbyfan

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote Kimmd:

Some folks WANT Jack to be Summer's father. The question is does JFP want 60 year old Jack Abbott to be the father of her future leading lady? In fact, where does Jack Abbott fit into JFP's vision for Y&R?

Maybe Jack can be Faith's father!

Sorry, I have to respectfully say I don't see what Jack's age has to do with him being Summer's father. Since JFP is three years older than Peter Bergman, I think she would know how to write for "older" actors. I don't presume to know what her vision for YR is. But, I would hope she wants to write heart-felt stories that bring back the feel of the really GREAT days of YR.

I think you are right Pink ... I don't think age factors into the story at all.

#25   2013/07/10 05:07PM
    go2girl

Quote daisy1984: Except that the reason for breaking the news now was to keep Summer and Kyle apart. If they think they are not related, then they would have no reason not to see each other. That would be a real problem if they are in fact brother and sister. A reversal of the test results now to show that Nick is the faterh would be too suspicious. Sharon has been acting so goofy that I could almost believe she did something to try and get Nick back.

But changing Summer's paternity would not get Nick back for Sharon. Just finding out that Nick lied for 18 years would pizz everyone off enough that they would alienate him, doesn't really matter about Summer's paternity.

#26   2013/07/10 05:14PM
    go2girl

Quote Kimmd:
    Quote jacksmyguy: After watching today's show regarding Billy and the promo for tomorrow's show, I think I figured out one twist coming. It's not Sharon, who some people suspected might switch the paternity results - it's going to be VICTOR. Victor has already gotten Billy hooked on gambling again to split up Billy and Victoria. When Nick tells daddy dearest tomorrow that he is not Summer's biological father and that Jack is her true father, this will enrage Victor as he will see how much this hurts his son and also gives his mortal enemy (Jack) something that his family will lose. We all know that Victor claims to be all about his family and his so-called love for his children. Victor will find a way to switch the paternity results (maybe by using a hairbrush) to show that Nick is still her dad because Victor cannot accept Jack coming out the winner in this scenario. Victor will then blame the second paternity test results (the ones showing Jack to be Summer's father) on Sharon as her desperate attempt to hold onto Nick. He will make Sharon look like the guilty party and because of her current delusional state of mind Nick would believe this. Nick will not want to go back with Sharon because he will believe daddy's frame-up of Sharon. This will also keep Nick's world intact with Summer and Avery, although temporarily, and will again give Victor the upper hand against both Billy and Jack. What do you think?

And Sharon didn't know Nick was redoing a test...

#27   2013/07/10 05:16PM
    pocketvenus

I have been wondering what kind of effect this news would have on Victor- I don't see anything changing with the paternity results now-- the cat is out of the bag. I realize anything is possible in soap land, but there must be at least one of characters directly involved who want the real truth, if not Summer than Jack for sure..

#28   2013/07/10 05:23PM
    habbyfan

Victor will advise Nick to do everything he can to keep Summer away from Jack.

#29   2013/07/10 05:27PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote pocketvenus: I have been wondering what kind of effect this news would have on Victor- I don't see anything changing with the paternity results now-- the cat is out of the bag. I realize anything is possible in soap land, but there must be at least one of characters directly involved who want the real truth, if not Summer than Jack for sure..

The only reason I threw this speculation out there is because of all of the rumors floating around about twists and turns coming yet and some people believing that Nick will get his daughter back. It is just my personal opinion that this won't happen (reverting back to Nick being her father) unless it is another falsehood or lie. That is just because I always thought that Summer was truly Jack's daughter but I could be wrong about it all. It's just fun to speculate what will happen next. I just can't see Victor settling for Jack coming out on top in this situation and doing everything he can think of to change the outcome.

#30   2013/07/10 05:45PM
    Kimmd

Quote go2girl:
    Quote Kimmd:

And Sharon didn't know Nick was redoing a test...

Sharon saw Nick at the hospital in front of the lab. Even Sharon can figure that out! lol

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list