List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: DID YOU NOTICE THIS?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

DID YOU NOTICE THIS?

Started by Jacqueline1961 at 2013/07/09 04:53PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/11 02:40PM, Views: 2168, Replies: 8
    page:
    #1   2013/07/09 04:53PM
    DID YOU NOTICE THIS?
    Jacqueline1961

Old style white phone on gigantic charge stand on Michael and Lauren's bedside end table

#2   2013/07/11 11:22AM
    Re: DID YOU NOTICE THIS?
    Epiphany

Yes, in fact I did notice the phone. It stood out like a sore thumb. But I have one of those land phones, too. Its kind of refreshing to see a phone like they were meant to be--in your house, not in your pocket, talking to everyone under creation, non-stop. Just my opinion. And I have to say, also, it kind of made me laugh. Its like on the old episodes of Seinfeld, where Jerry answers his portable phone thats as big as a brick. Now our cell phones are so small that I lose it in my purse. Take care!

#3   2013/07/11 12:32PM
    Milkshake24

Quote Epiphany: Yes, in fact I did notice the phone. It stood out like a sore thumb. But I have one of those land phones, too. Its kind of refreshing to see a phone like they were meant to be--in your house, not in your pocket, talking to everyone under creation, non-stop. Just my opinion. And I have to say, also, it kind of made me laugh. Its like on the old episodes of Seinfeld, where Jerry answers his portable phone thats as big as a brick. Now our cell phones are so small that I lose it in my purse. Take care!

I remember Nina had a phone that was see thru and flashed when it rang..I had the same phone at the time and loved it cause I could shut the ringer off and it glowed in the dark. I was a teen and my punishment was often the phone taken away so I lied said it broke so when the phone was taken I plugged this in and new when I was getting a call!

#4   2013/07/11 12:35PM
    hubbardfan

I didn't notice that, but I, for one, still use landline phones! I have a cellphone, but it's only for when I go out, in case of an emergency or I need to contact someone while I'm out; it doesn't have a camera, either! Most officials will tell you that in an emergency, e.g. earthquake, etc., most cell phone towers will be jammed and it would be nearly impossible to get through to anyone, so it's best to have a landline phone as backup! For me, some things will never go out of style, such as knowing how to write a coherent composition/essay; write, address, and mail a letter! I don't text; as a retired educator, I'm stunned @the lack of language skills used by so many people: lack of capitals or punctuation, just one long string of words that are almost unintelligible; really poor spelling and grammar, etc.; if this is a sign of the times, we're in deep trouble, imo!

#5   2013/07/11 12:50PM
    Calmie

No one noticed it, only Carmine. Besides it was their beside, no one goes in there besides them and Fen and.

#6   2013/07/11 01:18PM
    Barbyboo

Mike should use the phone to transfer fen to psyco ward

#7   2013/07/11 01:24PM
    pink kiity

i didnt notice that but all hospital still have those phone still because you camt used a cell phone in the hospital for some reason, but i did notice the quick shot of the boom mike over nick head yesterday

#8   2013/07/11 02:09PM
    Newzzz Guru

Noooo, I didn't notice that per se, but I did notice that Michael looked at the "caller ID" before he answered it - which (I guess in turn) made me think for a quick second, "Hey! That isn't a cell phone..."

#9   2013/07/11 02:40PM
    Blue 501

Quote pink kiity: i didnt notice that but all hospital still have those phone still because you camt used a cell phone in the hospital for some reason, but i did notice the quick shot of the boom mike over nick head yesterday

I think cell phones can interfere with equipment or devices, esp cardiac monitors. They always have a sign at the doctor's office to turn off your cell phone too.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list