List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Spoiler talk: Sharon fans relax!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Spoiler talk: Sharon fans relax!

Started by strawberrypop at 2013/07/09 11:45AM
    Latest post: 2013/07/12 02:31PM, Views: 9318, Replies: 57
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #31   2013/07/10 07:24AM
    Re: Spoiler talk: Sharon fans relax!
    canada gal

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Sportyster:
    Quote Coonfoot:
    Quote janetb:
    Quote strawberrypop: So there is a lot of talk floating around that Sharon switches the DNA test somehow and she and Phyllis end up in a fight and Phyllis ends up in a coma. Even if this is true, witch would really be sucky because Sharon does not need to be thrown under the bus to protect that worm Nicholas and all the fall out rain over her head.

BUT if this is how the story plays out..

This DOES NOT change the truth that Jack is Summers Daddy!

It can still be that way. The only thing this story line does is make us wait even longer to find out who the daddy is. It doesn't mean anything really. The writers are just ignorant people that cannot come up with anything better.

So Shack fans just relax, this does not prove Nick is the father after all. We just have to wait till the right writing team comes along..

It doesn't really matter what Sharon does, the outcome is the same.She has bipolar disorder so doesn't take responsibility for what she does anymore.She torched Victor's home, almost destroyed NE, etc. etc.A repeat of the same old thing.

Why oh why oh why do we continually have to hear about the torching of Victor's home (he deserved more), destroying NE (which she did not), etc. etc. etc. A repeat of the same old thing.

Probably for the same reason everyone else has to listen to other character's crimes, some decades old. Sharon isn't anymore special than any other character. If it isn't ok for Phyllis, Adam or Victor to skate on their crimes it isn't ok for Sharon to do so either!

Ita with this post. Sharon isn't that special and should be called out on her ish as much as the other characters are called out on theirs. Why is she entitled to a free pass? Just because she's Sharon?

LOL, what free pass. Sharon's character has been paying dearly since last summer.

#32   2013/07/10 10:47AM
    strawberrypop

Quote Sportyster:
    Quote strawberrypop:
    Quote Sinny-3-3-3: Sharon will never take responsibility for anything. Now she has the built in excuse for ever.. she is crazy .. I think they are going to write her as the next patty type character.. went crazy over a man. With Sharon we are just not sure what man made her crazy... Nick or Adam or Victor.. she has that thing for those newmans.

Didn't you get it yet? Everyone on soaps do crazy things..Look at what each of the characters have done. Sharon is justifiably insane while others have no cause for their insanity. Personally, I would rather be clinically insane than just evilly insane.

Sharon isn't insane, let alone clinically insane, bipolar is a mood disorder.

Disorder, being the operative word here.

#33   2013/07/10 11:01AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote edaem1:
    Quote Sinny-3-3-3: Sharon will never take responsibility for anything. Now she has the built in excuse for ever.. she is crazy .. I think they are going to write her as the next patty type character.. went crazy over a man. With Sharon we are just not sure what man made her crazy... Nick or Adam or Victor.. she has that thing for those newmans.

Yes, Sinny. I am going to embrace Sharon's bi-polar diagnosis and run with it. At least she has a mental condition that has contributed to her behavior. Not like Phyllis who is just evil, and a murderer, and a paternity test switching witch, fire setting pyromaniac, and a trollop. I find it hard to believe that litte backstory of Phyllis family is what made her the psycho she is. And in case you missed it, here is a list of her personality traits:
    Believing that you're better than others
    Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
    Exaggerating your achievements or talents
    Expecting constant praise and admiration
    Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
    Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
    Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
    Taking advantage of others
    Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
    Being jealous of others
    Believing that others are jealous of you
    Trouble keeping healthy relationships
    Setting unrealistic goals
    Being easily hurt and rejected
    Having a fragile self-esteem
    Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional

You just described pretty much everyone on the show.

#34   2013/07/10 11:05AM
    Homesick Cajun

Bipolar is a mood disorder. Patients with bipolar know the difference between right and wrong. In no way is someone "crazy" or "insane". It is not an insanity defense. It is not a free pass to commit illegal acts, nor is it an excuse for immoral or bad behavior.

#35   2013/07/10 11:24AM
    strawberrypop

Quote Homesick Cajun: Bipolar is a mood disorder. Patients with bipolar know the difference between right and wrong. In no way is someone "crazy" or "insane". It is not an insanity defense. It is not a free pass to commit illegal acts, nor is it an excuse for immoral or bad behavior.

I have two things to comment about your post:

1) While you are correct Bipolar is a DISORDER it is a serious disorder and can alter the way one thinks if they are not treated properly or taking meds as they are supposed to be. It can cause some serious mood swings. Bipolar is actually a very serious disorder.

2) We are talking about a soaps version of Bipolar here, keep that in mind. Soaps always put their spin on things. Also if they can bring back the dead, they can do anything they wish.

#36   2013/07/10 12:01PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote strawberrypop:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: Bipolar is a mood disorder. Patients with bipolar know the difference between right and wrong. In no way is someone "crazy" or "insane". It is not an insanity defense. It is not a free pass to commit illegal acts, nor is it an excuse for immoral or bad behavior.

1) While you are correct Bipolar is a DISORDER it is a serious disorder and can alter the way one thinks if they are not treated properly or taking meds as they are supposed to be. It can cause some serious mood swings. Bipolar is actually a very serious disorder.

2) We are talking about a soaps version of Bipolar here, keep that in mind. Soaps always put their spin on things. Also if they can bring back the dead, they can do anything they wish.

Oh I could not agree more!!! After I wrote it I wished I had prefaced it with "This is a soap opera, so therefore my statement doesn't mean diddly squat!" I just wish they would really stop making Sharon's character so pathetic. I hope they don't try to blame everything on the fact she is bipolar. I would truly hate for someone suffering from bipolar to feel like there is some shame in seeking help, because help is certainly out there and they do not need to feel like there is a stigma associated with the disorder. I truly know how serious it is and I don't want the writers to portray it in a ridiculous manner.

#37   2013/07/10 12:34PM
    daisy1984

Quote Coonfoot:
    Quote janetb:
    Quote strawberrypop: So there is a lot of talk floating around that Sharon switches the DNA test somehow and she and Phyllis end up in a fight and Phyllis ends up in a coma. Even if this is true, witch would really be sucky because Sharon does not need to be thrown under the bus to protect that worm Nicholas and all the fall out rain over her head.

It can still be that way. The only thing this story line does is make us wait even longer to find out who the daddy is. It doesn't mean anything really. The writers are just ignorant people that cannot come up with anything better.

So Shack fans just relax, this does not prove Nick is the father after all. We just have to wait till the right writing team comes along..

It doesn't really matter what Sharon does, the outcome is the same.She has bipolar disorder so doesn't take responsibility for what she does anymore.She torched Victor's home, almost destroyed NE, etc. etc.A repeat of the same old thing.

Why oh why oh why do we continually have to hear about the torching of Victor's home (he deserved more), destroying NE (which she did not), etc. etc. etc. A repeat of the same old thing.

Because Sharon never takes responsibility for anything. Arson is a serious crime. I don't care if Victor deserved it. His family home was destroyed due to Sharon.

And Sharon did cause Victor to lose NE. Sharon knew that Victor was alive and kept it a secret. Then she took over the company and mismanaged it so badly that shareholders were dumping their stock, causing the stock price to drop. This allowed Jack, Abby and Tucker to scoop the stock and let Jack get a controlling interest in NE.

#38   2013/07/10 12:44PM
    weatherholt3

Quote daisy1984:
    Quote Coonfoot:
    Quote janetb:

Because Sharon never takes responsibility for anything. Arson is a serious crime. I don't care if Victor deserved it. His family home was destroyed due to Sharon.

And Sharon did cause Victor to lose NE. Sharon knew that Victor was alive and kept it a secret. Then she took over the company and mismanaged it so badly that shareholders were dumping their stock, causing the stock price to drop. This allowed Jack, Abby and Tucker to scoop the stock and let Jack get a controlling interest in NE.

My opinion is Sharon fans and Phyllis fans will never agreed..

#39   2013/07/10 06:30PM
    strawberrypop

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote strawberrypop:

Oh I could not agree more!!! After I wrote it I wished I had prefaced it with "This is a soap opera, so therefore my statement doesn't mean diddly squat!" I just wish they would really stop making Sharon's character so pathetic. I hope they don't try to blame everything on the fact she is bipolar. I would truly hate for someone suffering from bipolar to feel like there is some shame in seeking help, because help is certainly out there and they do not need to feel like there is a stigma associated with the disorder. I truly know how serious it is and I don't want the writers to portray it in a ridiculous manner.

Yes for sure! I could not agree more with you. I feel so bad for "Sharon" she is being ripped apart. You watch she will be the villain in all of this and Nick will come out smelling like a rose. Its sickening, terrible writing.

I hate that Michelle is leaving because I feel that even though Phyllis is the type of character she is, Michelle does her so good. I don't think another actress could do it for me as Phyllis, and the same goes for Sharon.

I really hope though that the redeem this story line because they are killing it for everyone.

#40   2013/07/10 07:25PM
    Sundae-pie

It is time Sharon got some pay back. She has gotten a free pass for too long. I think these spoilers are a for sure.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list