List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: A Year Since MAB Left, grade JFP & JG!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

A Year Since MAB Left, grade JFP & JG!

Started by Sylviastel at 2013/07/08 02:56PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/04 07:08AM, Views: 2431, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/07/11 05:36AM
    Re: A Year Since MAB Left, grade JFP & JG!
    jessi-m

I know I am in the minority but I enjoy the show now. Amongst other stories, I can't wait to see the Chelsea/Dylan fallout.

Gracewashere, I agree with your post.

Also, during the last years of MAB, three characters were featured with the remaining cast used as supporting. Even though Billy's addiction story is a fallback for everyone, this time, there is more depth to His fight with it. Nikki and Jack are involved with real connection. I love Lily and Tyler and Cane, etc. MAB had one note stories that kept everything and everyone in a static place allowing for no change. When those in charge changed last year, it was tough getting used to the attention and action given to the Baldwin's and others because it was a surprise and shock to see them out of the box they were locked for not weeks or months but years. And, while I may not agree with some choices, I like the show.

I enjoy how characters are interacting and with whom. The stories are providing some solid material to see actors' diversity.

I also know my opinion is very unpopular on the boards but I like the show.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/11 05:40AM
    #22   2013/07/11 06:40AM
    Milkshake24

i had actually stopped watching for 2 years than MAB took over and got me hooked again and I seem to have been the minority on that, I could of done without Shictor like all of us but was hooked! When the new regime took over up til about 2 weeks prior to the killer wedding I give them a huge massive F than it started to look promising with a big killer wedding hype which all fell flat and continued to be a major F now it feels very promising again, Hated the beginning of the Lauren/Michael/Carmine storyline mainly because they over did it with the triangles Chelsea/Adam/Sharon, Lily/Tyler/Cane, Avery/Dylan/Nick all at once that I chose to give it until AMC and OLTL started and drop it! The snow storm was ridiculous and way over hyped and considering it aired during valentines day we were left depressed thank god for days of our lives which got my husband a lot of loving cause Y&R was getting him nothing! Even the choice of dialog was horrendous with Nicky sobbing over this Magical MS diagnosis which they told her might be the kind that just disappears one day which made it difficult to take serious despite the great acting job delivered by MTS! As we know that storyline fell flat! All the newbies were getting introduced very poorly which made it impossible to like them. Anyhow as of right now I really enjoy where the Lauren/Michael/Carmine story is going as well as the Paternity storyline which I don't think move at a snails pace like many have stated! I'm not pulling my hair out or staring at the wall for better entertain like during those days, I'm guessing a new writer hired by Josh is helping in a good way! As long as they keep it up I'll continue to watch but if they go backwards I'm done! I still need to get used to the Abby and Kyle recasts! Although I think Alex is good Eye Candy he was never given a storyline to pull at our emotions to love or hate the character and i guess Abby's jealousy over the female cop equals she has no feelings for him! I think Abby is better suited for Tyler anyway so I'll let that slide but I want to see what the guy is like off duty with a storyline that will make me love or hate him! For the moment B+ but I'm scared that may fall back down to a F!

#23   2013/07/11 09:08PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Coastal1: I give them both "F" grades.

They are driving away fans who have been watching since Day #1.

That's unforgiveable.

My sentiments exactly!

#24   2013/07/11 09:15PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Homesick Cajun: One of the biggest problems to me is at this point these guys have done SO much damage that if a new EP came in tomorrow we would be looking at months, if not longer, to repair this program. I am not certain that I have time or the patience for that. I have much better things I can be doing with my time. It is very frustrating to watch as is.

So many newbies, so little time.
    Snails move faster.
    Horrible re-casts
    Repetitive scenes. (I don't think the actors even have to memorize lines anymore)
    Nicks sorry; Chelsea is upset; Victoria is a shrew;
    and don't forget Leslie, her lines consist of blah blah
    blah Rose blah blah blah Rose blah blah blah.

I certainly give them a big bold red letter F.

I completely agree with everything you just said. Poor Jeanne Cooper is probably turning over in her grave at the shambles that has been made out of her beloved show in such a short amount of time by a handful of people who apparently don't care how they continue to ruin it.

#25   2013/07/11 09:26PM
    zuzu61

Quote starlight19: I give it a F too many newbies, which I really don't care for, drawn out storylines ex: Chels pregnancy please let it end already, vets being sidelined writing is all over the place etc,,

Agree!!!! I want to watch Y&R, NOT GH or wherever All these newbies are coming from. IF I wanted to watch them, I would have watched their SOAP. Where are Y&R Actors???

Same w/DAYS.. GH and Passions Actors. Using the very few vets remaining to prop their Favs.

#26   2013/07/12 12:09PM
    Sylviastel

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: One of the biggest problems to me is at this point these guys have done SO much damage that if a new EP came in tomorrow we would be looking at months, if not longer, to repair this program. I am not certain that I have time or the patience for that. I have much better things I can be doing with my time. It is very frustrating to watch as is.

So many newbies, so little time.
    Snails move faster.
    Horrible re-casts
    Repetitive scenes. (I don't think the actors even have to memorize lines anymore)
    Nicks sorry; Chelsea is upset; Victoria is a shrew;
    and don't forget Leslie, her lines consist of blah blah
    blah Rose blah blah blah Rose blah blah blah.

I certainly give them a big bold red letter F.

I completely agree with everything you just said. Poor Jeanne Cooper is probably turning over in her grave at the shambles that has been made out of her beloved show in such a short amount of time by a handful of people who apparently don't care how they continue to ruin it.

Jeanne was cremated per her wishes! I'm sure she and bill bell are in shock over the state of the current show!

#27   2013/07/12 12:12PM
    Castro

The new regime gets a C from me. MAB was hideous. Hoping to see the stories flow a bit better (as in not drag on).

#28   2013/08/03 10:11AM
    On a Clear Day

There were times when I would have given them a C or even a B but now it's a solid F.

After last week with Phyllis saying that stupid dialogue in her head, and Dudley Do-right bursting in to save Lauren from the RR tracks while Snidely Whiplash vanished, and Abby giggling, and Lily being jealous, and Sharon still talking to a ghost.... it's official, I no longer care about any character on the show. My intelligence has been insulted to a new low and as much as I want to enjoy my once favorite show, I can't bring myself to tune in.

#29   2013/08/03 10:23AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote On a Clear Day: There were times when I would have given them a C or even a B but now it's a solid F.

After last week with Phyllis saying that stupid dialogue in her head, and Dudley Do-right bursting in to save Lauren from the RR tracks while Snidely Whiplash vanished, and Abby giggling, and Lily being jealous, and Sharon still talking to a ghost.... it's official, I no longer care about any character on the show. My intelligence has been insulted to a new low and as much as I want to enjoy my once favorite show, I can't bring myself to tune in.

Don't forget poor Neil, different day, different booth, same coffee cup.

#30   2013/08/03 10:34AM
    sunmama

I'll give it a big F, and a big F U to JFP.

MAB'S Y&R was like riding the crazy train.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list