List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: A Year Since MAB Left, grade JFP & JG!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

A Year Since MAB Left, grade JFP & JG!

Started by Sylviastel at 2013/07/08 02:56PM
    Latest post: 2013/08/04 07:08AM, Views: 2449, Replies: 37
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/07/08 02:56PM
    A Year Since MAB Left, grade JFP & JG!
    Sylviastel

I can't believe it's only been a year since MAB was fired to no surprise. Worse was the hiring of Jill Farren Phelps as executive producer and Josh Griffith as head writer. Josh is Jill's yes man anyway. In the last year, we heard the dis-satisfaction via twitter perhaps because they tightened the leaks on spoilers out there as if the audiences aren't sophisticated enough. I can't grade fairly since I know her history but the show has been predictable and even boring at times. I would like to see the veterans especially Eric Braeden's Victor on more at times. With the death of Jeanne Cooper, Kay's demise is going to change the canvas much more. Michelle Stafford recently complained that she couldn't go to her daughter's school for an event recently. In the past maybe under MAB, her schedule may have allowed her to work around it but not under JFP who mistreated Genie Francis (Genevieve/Laura) on GH. JFP doesn't seem to care for the women as much as the men on her show. I bet that JFP had played a part in MM's quitting twitter. She probably checked his contract out. Too bad, she didn't check out Beverlee McKinsey's contract on GL. JFP should have been fired when Beverlee McKinsey quit the show in dramatic fashion but they kept JFP on. Even though, Beverlee complained about the heavy workload who was probably not in the best physical health at the time of the show. If JFP really cared about her and the fans, she would have cut her workload down to a supporting role but she didn't. She drove her to quit. JFP killed off beloved Maureen Bauer on GL; Frankie Winthrop on AW; and ruined One Life to Live. JFP should be banned from the medium of soap operas but yet she gets paid lots of money and ruins shows. Maybe it's what Sony and CBS want overall to get Young and Restless canceled. First, Michelle Stafford is going and we'll just have to wait and see who's next.

#2   2013/07/08 02:57PM
    Re: A Year Since MAB Left, grade JFP & JG!
    edaem1

^^^ You are right, we will have to wait and see. Right now, I like the way things seem to be going.

#3   2013/07/08 03:06PM
    laurie6

IMO a year is enough time to turn things around instead they still have Sharon going crazy and it is getting boring. Right now I don't really like the show at all maybe it will get better but if it doesn't soon I won't watch at all anymore.

#4   2013/07/08 03:39PM
    Sylviastel

When is going to get interesting? They drag story lines out too long. I don't care about Summer's paternity even now. It's not entertaining especially Chelsea's pretending Dylan is the father. I wish by some miracle that he was the father. I don't want Adam to be the father but he is so let it be. I doubt that Adam (the baby stealer who kidnapped Faith and caused Ashley's accident) would have a chance to get full custody in any court. Yes, Chelsea gave Johnny away in the best interests of the child. I hope that's resolved.

#5   2013/07/08 03:50PM
    Coastal1

I give them both "F" grades.

They are driving away fans who have been watching since Day #1.

That's unforgiveable.

#6   2013/07/08 04:03PM
    Sylviastel

I give them an F too. There doesn't seem to be much effort anymore.

#7   2013/07/08 04:27PM
    Homesick Cajun

One of the biggest problems to me is at this point these guys have done SO much damage that if a new EP came in tomorrow we would be looking at months, if not longer, to repair this program. I am not certain that I have time or the patience for that. I have much better things I can be doing with my time. It is very frustrating to watch as is.

So many newbies, so little time.
    Snails move faster.
    Horrible re-casts
    Repetitive scenes. (I don't think the actors even have to memorize lines anymore)
    Nicks sorry; Chelsea is upset; Victoria is a shrew;
    and don't forget Leslie, her lines consist of blah blah
    blah Rose blah blah blah Rose blah blah blah.

I certainly give them a big bold red letter F.

#8   2013/07/08 04:37PM
    JessicaD

D for Dissapointed.

#9   2013/07/08 04:42PM
    Piperay

D- and fast becoming a big ole F!

#10   2013/07/08 04:52PM
    Kelby

Terrible! The storylines, characters and many of the new actors are all terrible. What is to say. I want everything to make sense. After of years of bad writing this show is doomed. We still can not get anyone behind the scenes to write the show well. And now, casting has gotten bad. Come on! I would rather the show be canceled than to continue on like this. That is where it is headed anyway. I am glad that they brought on new blood, but not like this. Not at the expense of the many talented actors that were already on the show. They updated the opening credits. That was cool. Ha! But if that is it, who cares. JFP and JG you get a big fat F!

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list