List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What more are the writers going to do to Jack?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What more are the writers going to do to Jack?

Started by Epiphany at 2013/07/08 02:28PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/12 01:52PM, Views: 817, Replies: 16
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/07/08 02:28PM
    What more are the writers going to do to Jack?
    Epiphany

I can't bear what they are doing to Jack and have been doing for a very long time. His father goes to jail, his father dies. Then he gets mixed up with so many useless crazy hurtful nutty woman--Patty/Emily; Genevieve; Nikki; Phyllis--each one promises to love him forever, then just doesn't dump him, but leaves him for another man/business venture. And they write him so he never has an inkling, never knows whats up. And on top of that to overcome being paralyzed then being addicted to pain pills. He managed to overcome that too. This is horrible writing because he can never come up for air for very long before he goes under. I also think its bad writing when you constantly pick on an upstanding character, flawed, but still good. I'm just sick of it--its not drama, its cruel.

#2   2013/07/08 02:36PM
    Re: What more are the writers going to do to Jack?
    Kimmd

Quote Epiphany: I can't bear what they are doing to Jack and have been doing for a very long time. His father goes to jail, his father dies. Then he gets mixed up with so many useless crazy hurtful nutty woman--Patty/Emily; Genevieve; Nikki; Phyllis--each one promises to love him forever, then just doesn't dump him, but leaves him for another man/business venture. And they write him so he never has an inkling, never knows whats up. And on top of that to overcome being paralyzed then being addicted to pain pills. He managed to overcome that too. This is horrible writing because he can never come up for air for very long before he goes under. I also think its bad writing when you constantly pick on an upstanding character, flawed, but still good. I'm just sick of it--its not drama, its cruel.

They could send him on a long trip to Fiji.

#3   2013/07/08 02:38PM
    roseofsharon...

Quote Epiphany: I can't bear what they are doing to Jack and have been doing for a very long time. His father goes to jail, his father dies. Then he gets mixed up with so many useless crazy hurtful nutty woman--Patty/Emily; Genevieve; Nikki; Phyllis--each one promises to love him forever, then just doesn't dump him, but leaves him for another man/business venture. And they write him so he never has an inkling, never knows whats up. And on top of that to overcome being paralyzed then being addicted to pain pills. He managed to overcome that too. This is horrible writing because he can never come up for air for very long before he goes under. I also think its bad writing when you constantly pick on an upstanding character, flawed, but still good. I'm just sick of it--its not drama, its cruel.

They are doing the same thing to Sharon. Both, Jack and Sharon wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose. Well, except for Jack's hatred for Victor. I don't think Sharon really hated anyone including Phyllis. They just don't have mean spirits like many others.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/08 02:42PM
    #4   2013/07/08 03:08PM
    Brooksie82

I read tomorrows episode and it has Jack looking at an alcohol bottle and him trying to resist but I thought that the only addiction he had was pain killers, now hes also a recovering alcoholic? I must have missed that somehow but yes I agree that Jack needs to get some luck at love and business for once. I love his acting and his character but lets have him get some happiness and love in his life. I cant believe how his long list of bad relationships and marriages are. Poor guy.

#5   2013/07/08 03:42PM
    LucySnowe

Quote Brooksie82: I read tomorrows episode and it has Jack looking at an alcohol bottle and him trying to resist but I thought that the only addiction he had was pain killers, now hes also a recovering alcoholic? I must have missed that somehow but yes I agree that Jack needs to get some luck at love and business for once. I love his acting and his character but lets have him get some happiness and love in his life. I cant believe how his long list of bad relationships and marriages are. Poor guy.

I think generally recovering drug addicts are advised to avoid booze -- the alcohol loosens inhibitions and then the addict is more likely to do the drugs again.

I love Jack but I think part of why he gets screwed over is PB is so good at emotional scenes -- esp. being devastated; so the writers have him repeatedly getting burned. In fact, the official Y&R twitter account tweeted today: "Does anyone do getting bad news better than Peter Bergman?"

Wait until you see him in tomorrow's U.S. Simply outstanding.

But I agree. Time for Jack to win. At least he gets his little girl. That will be nice to watch in the coming months as he bonds with her. And to those of you perpetuating the "Sharon switched the test" rumour. Ain't gonna happen.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/08 03:43PM
    #6   2013/07/08 03:49PM
    Chicken Alfredo

Quote LucySnowe:
    Quote Brooksie82: I read tomorrows episode and it has Jack looking at an alcohol bottle and him trying to resist but I thought that the only addiction he had was pain killers, now hes also a recovering alcoholic? I must have missed that somehow but yes I agree that Jack needs to get some luck at love and business for once. I love his acting and his character but lets have him get some happiness and love in his life. I cant believe how his long list of bad relationships and marriages are. Poor guy.

I think generally recovering drug addicts are advised to avoid booze -- the alcohol loosens inhibitions and then the addict is more likely to do the drugs again.

I love Jack but I think part of why he gets screwed over is PB is so good at emotional scenes -- esp. being devastated; so the writers have him repeatedly getting burned. In fact, the official Y&R twitter account tweeted today: "Does anyone do getting bad news better than Peter Bergman?"

But I agree. Time for Jack to win. At least he gets his little girl. That will be nice to watch in the coming months as he bonds with her. And to those of you perpetuating the "Sharon switched the test" rumour. Ain't gonna happen.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. Once this news settles in I'm sure Jack will want to spend time with Summer and vice versa. PB becoming an alcoholic makes zero sense to me. Unless, Summer is with him along the way to help him pick up the pieces. I don't want Jack and Summer to build a relationship starting off on the wrong foot, but who knows. Maybe I need to watch some more to draw a better conclusion.

#7   2013/07/08 03:54PM
    grey

Quote LucySnowe:

Agree, this storyline is bringing out some great acting for Jack(Peter). I am too looking forward to Jack and Summer bonding. Some need to give this a chance and see how good I think they will be together, as they already are. This story would've have been a waste of time if Summer would've turned out to be Nick's and The Sharon rumour, not happening

#8   2013/07/08 04:54PM
    FL senior fan

Jack is such a sweetheart and gentlemen with the ladies, yet can't keep a relationship (shame on writers); now Red disappoints and he kicks her out, with good reason IMO.

I hope we don't have to endure Sharon, Billy, Jack, Dylan, and who else? endure additions. Hey, a little set back now and then would be expected but why ARE SO MANY HAVING MENTAL/EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS AT ONCE?

I foresee Summer being fine eventually. Look how Abby LOVED having Victor and Brad as Fathers!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/08 04:56PM
    #9   2013/07/08 04:58PM
    pbjk

Alcohol is considered a "gateway" for many addicts. It starts with the booze and leads to the pills.

#10   2013/07/08 05:31PM
    jacksmyguy

I loved reading all the different posts and agree that Jack is long-overdue for some happiness and to triumph every once in a while over adversity, but there is a reason that PB gets nominated for all those emmy awards. As someone else said, he does those painful, heart wrenching, scenes so well. IMO there's nobody better.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list