List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Jack spoiler!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Jack spoiler!

Started by Yale Steam at 2013/07/06 04:25PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/09 04:22PM, Views: 9002, Replies: 65
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #21   2013/07/07 04:32AM
    Re: Jack spoiler!
    FL senior fan

Jack and Sharon perhaps should try to reconnect. As I recall, didn't Jack's secrets and lies destroy what that had; but since Jack (and Sharon) have changed....and both are gonna be very lonely...I'd like to see them be a successful couple now.

#22   2013/07/07 10:50AM
    Barbyboo

Quote Kimmd:
    Quote countryMomof4: Why do you keep saying that Jack is a deadbeat? He isn't OLD either.

They are doing it now because the writer who was penning the s/l at the time is now back writing for the show again. It was left open-ended years ago so he is just finishing what he started. I think JM knew that it would some day be revisited. He got asked about her paternity many, many times.

JM was concerned that changing Summer's paternity would make him look like a bad guy. That's why we are getting THIS s/l...that the original test was inconclusive ( rather than Nick knowing that Jack was her father ) and he wanted to fill an emptiness in his heart that was left when his daughter Cassie died. It's supposed to make him less of a bad guy by making it that he was so overcome by grief that he behaved badly. He didn't intend to steal another's child or intentionally hurt anyone. Was he selfish? You bet but it wasn't done out of malice.

Changing Summer's paternity doesn't destroy Nick. It destroys Phick.

What do I think could possibly destroy Jack's sobriety? Knowing that Kyle kissed Phyllis and finding out Phyllis was lying to him by omission. Then there is Kay's death coming up which will profoundly affect each character to a degree.

MS is leaving so Phick was dead anyway. And I don't see Phick fans going on and on about putting them back together. Some Phick fans are now Navery fans, others are Phonan fans. But they are not clinging to the past. I don't see hundreds of threads from them about changing Faith's paternity.

I could care less about Jack. He is a horrible father and he doesn't deserve his sons! He sure doesn't deserve Summer!
    The fact that Summer would just turn on Nick and just accept Jack also tells me the twist and turns are coming!

Hopefully I am right and this ends up being a story about Navery, Kyle/Summer and Phyllis' exit.

Actually Kyle and jack have a great relationship jacks better than Vic he's controling

#23   2013/07/07 12:16PM
    Squish

Quote countryMomof4:
    Quote Kimmd: If the rumors about Sharon are true, and I think they are,let this be a lesson to us. If Phick fans are smart,(so far they have been) leave Faith alone. If the writers want to go there they will, don't try to force the issue.

I'm sorry but the writers are finishing a story THEY started when Summer was conceived and her paternity was left in question. It has nothing to do with pressure being put on them by a fanbase to write a particular story. JM has said in interviews that he always thought Summer was Jack's.

In your OPINION. It certainly isn't fact...JM may have expressed his opinion over the years about Summer's paternity but both JM and MS have repeatedly stated that it would totally ruin the character of Nick and that's one thing I can totally agree with.

#24   2013/07/07 12:19PM
    JUJU41

Quote Yale Steam: I understand did something happens that threatens Jack's sobriety. Now with this great reveal that Summer is his what in the world happens to put back onpills and alcohol? Summer is not Jack's daughter. That's what I believe. But I might be wrong so we'll see. It might be Phyllis being in a coma and Summer turning out not to be his in the end. As I said we'll see what happens. But after Michelle and Michael are done airing,I am finished with this show.

It was probably because he found out that Phyl kissed Kyle.
    That would drive him to drink for sure.

#25   2013/07/07 12:19PM
    Squish

Quote Kimmd: Sharon had sex with two brother (with Billy many times) and one time with Nick but Summer's paternity was left open? lol!

Nothing was left open. CBS or Sony could easily have had MAB finish the story when she was hired IF it had been left open. NO this was years of thread after thread after thread and badgering to get Summer's paternity changed as way to undo Phick or to pretend they never existed or don't know what. But if the rumors are true, peeps will wish they had left it alone!

I agree with this completely.

#26   2013/07/07 12:33PM
    Squish

Quote countryMomof4:
    Quote Kimmd: If the rumors about Sharon are true, and I think they are,let this be a lesson to us. If Phick fans are smart,(so far they have been) leave Faith alone. If the writers want to go there they will, don't try to force the issue.

I'm sorry but the writers are finishing a story THEY started when Summer was conceived and her paternity was left in question. It has nothing to do with pressure being put on them by a fanbase to write a particular story. JM has said in interviews that he always thought Summer was Jack's.

JG was creative consultant in 2006 when Summer was named Nick's daughter he was head writer/executive producer in 2008, if this were his story and his intentions why didn't he do it then? It just doesn't make any sense to say this was always the intentions it does make sense to say that this was always a possibility, just like there's always a possibility they will change Faith's paternity or there's always a chance that Dru will climb back up that cliff.

#27   2013/07/07 12:39PM
    babydylon

It was always out there that one day Jack would claim his little sweat pear. Hating on him for it is immature .

#28   2013/07/07 12:43PM
    babydylon

Quote countryMomof4:

Totally agree with this post. Fanbases are the farthest from the writers mind.

#29   2013/07/07 12:45PM
    edaem1

Quote Kimmd:
    Quote countryMomof4:

I know what JM said and he kept saying it because he hoped it would never happen. Both JM and MS said many times over the years that changing Summer's paternity would destroy Nick. So why do it NOW? Now this would make sense if it were a young leading man like Billy or Adam but 60 year old deadbeat Jack Abbott? It might even make some sense if MS were staying on the show. But this lame, incredibly sloppily written mess?

I totally understand that as a fan you are upset with the originial writer finishing off Summer's paternity the way he envisioned it years ago. The story has not come together the way I would have liked which would have meant that it would have been revealed weeks ago but, you roll with it. But it is hard to empathize when you go after Jack's age.

#30   2013/07/07 12:51PM
    FL senior fan

Did I miss something; is the Spoiler that Jack DOES succumb to his addiction again (because of Phyllis?)???

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list