List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Jack spoiler!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Jack spoiler!

Started by Yale Steam at 2013/07/06 04:25PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/09 04:22PM, Views: 8878, Replies: 65
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #11   2013/07/06 05:58PM
    Re: Jack spoiler!
    countryMomof4

Why do you keep saying that Jack is a deadbeat? He isn't OLD either.

They are doing it now because the writer who was penning the s/l at the time is now back writing for the show again. It was left open-ended years ago so he is just finishing what he started. I think JM knew that it would some day be revisited. He got asked about her paternity many, many times.

JM was concerned that changing Summer's paternity would make him look like a bad guy. That's why we are getting THIS s/l...that the original test was inconclusive ( rather than Nick knowing that Jack was her father ) and he wanted to fill an emptiness in his heart that was left when his daughter Cassie died. It's supposed to make him less of a bad guy by making it that he was so overcome by grief that he behaved badly. He didn't intend to steal another's child or intentionally hurt anyone. Was he selfish? You bet but it wasn't done out of malice.

Changing Summer's paternity doesn't destroy Nick. It destroys Phick.

What do I think could possibly destroy Jack's sobriety? Knowing that Kyle kissed Phyllis and finding out Phyllis was lying to him by omission. Then there is Kay's death coming up which will profoundly affect each character to a degree.

#12   2013/07/06 06:43PM
    Kimmd

Quote countryMomof4: Why do you keep saying that Jack is a deadbeat? He isn't OLD either.

They are doing it now because the writer who was penning the s/l at the time is now back writing for the show again. It was left open-ended years ago so he is just finishing what he started. I think JM knew that it would some day be revisited. He got asked about her paternity many, many times.

JM was concerned that changing Summer's paternity would make him look like a bad guy. That's why we are getting THIS s/l...that the original test was inconclusive ( rather than Nick knowing that Jack was her father ) and he wanted to fill an emptiness in his heart that was left when his daughter Cassie died. It's supposed to make him less of a bad guy by making it that he was so overcome by grief that he behaved badly. He didn't intend to steal another's child or intentionally hurt anyone. Was he selfish? You bet but it wasn't done out of malice.

What do I think could possibly destroy Jack's sobriety? Knowing that Kyle kissed Phyllis and finding out Phyllis was lying to him by omission. Then there is Kay's death coming up which will profoundly affect each character to a degree.

MS is leaving so Phick was dead anyway. And I don't see Phick fans going on and on about putting them back together. Some Phick fans are now Navery fans, others are Phonan fans. But they are not clinging to the past. I don't see hundreds of threads from them about changing Faith's paternity.

I could care less about Jack. He is a horrible father and he doesn't deserve his sons! He sure doesn't deserve Summer!
    The fact that Summer would just turn on Nick and just accept Jack also tells me the twist and turns are coming!

Hopefully I am right and this ends up being a story about Navery, Kyle/Summer and Phyllis' exit.

#13   2013/07/06 07:45PM
    Kimmd

Quote countryMomof4: Why do you keep saying that Jack is a deadbeat? He isn't OLD either.

JM and MS said it would destroy Nick. Since they work at Y&R I'll take their word for it. If Nick isn't destroyed it's because of those twist and turns. Phick is over because MS is leaving. LML wrote the Summer paternity SL and she NEVER intended for Jack to be Summer's father, NEVER. Phick was her couple, why would she ruin them by making Summer Jack's?

#14   2013/07/06 08:56PM
    Tutta

I think Sharon messed with this most recent paternity test. Something she said the day she was sitting by Cassie's grave site, she said to Cassie, "that's why I did what I did"! Then she quickly retracted to throw us off.

#15   2013/07/06 09:02PM
    LucyT

Quote Tutta: I think Sharon messed with this most recent paternity test. Something she said the day she was sitting by Cassie's grave site, she said to Cassie, "that's why I did what I did"! Then she quickly retracted to throw us off.

I wondered about that also but that will not look good for sharon when it comes out if she did mess with the test.

#16   2013/07/06 09:22PM
    Barbyboo

Quote Kimmd:
    Quote countryMomof4:
    Quote Kimmd: If the rumors about Sharon are true, and I think they are,let this be a lesson to us. If Phick fans are smart,(so far they have been) leave Faith alone. If the writers want to go there they will, don't try to force the issue.

I'm sorry but the writers are finishing a story THEY started when Summer was conceived and her paternity was left in question. It has nothing to do with pressure being put on them by a fanbase to write a particular story. JM has said in interviews that he always thought Summer was Jack's.

I know what JM said and he kept saying it because he hoped it would never happen. Both JM and MS said many times over the years that changing Summer's paternity would destroy Nick. So why do it NOW? Now this would make sense if it were a young leading man like Billy or Adam but 60 year old deadbeat Jack Abbott? It might even make some sense if MS were staying on the show. But this lame, incredibly sloppily written mess?

Why is jack a dead beat. My gosh Vic's the one who runs his adult children's life's as far as I can see jacks not evil..maybe years ago he's a nice looking man. Unlucky in love

#17   2013/07/06 10:53PM
    deceived

Quote Lizzytish:
    Quote Yale Steam: I understand did something happens that threatens Jack's sobriety. Now with this great reveal that Summer is his what in the world happens to put back onpills and alcohol? Summer is not Jack's daughter. That's what I believe. But I might be wrong so we'll see. It might be Phyllis being in a coma and Summer turning out not to be his in the end. As I said we'll see what happens. But after Michelle and Michael are done airing,I am finished with this show.

Maybe it's learning that Kyle and Phyllis kissed.

I would say that is it... since everyone warned him that if Phyllis hurt him he would turn to pills and liquor...

#18   2013/07/07 03:16AM
    Ordep

Great post countryMom as always, I love reading posts that make sense.

#19   2013/07/07 04:10AM
    Soapyness

Quote Tutta: I think Sharon messed with this most recent paternity test. Something she said the day she was sitting by Cassie's grave site, she said to Cassie, "that's why I did what I did"! Then she quickly retracted to throw us off.

I think she did too.

#20   2013/07/07 04:26AM
    FL senior fan

What IS the spoiler?

Country, I agree:

What do I think could possibly destroy Jack's sobriety? Knowing that Kyle kissed Phyllis and finding out Phyllis was lying to him by omission.

Our poor Jack; so unlucky in love!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/07 04:29AM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list