List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Nick, "I Did It For The Right Reasons!" = WTF

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Nick, "I Did It For The Right Reasons!" = WTF

Started by hillaryclark at 2013/07/04 11:36PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/09 04:25PM, Views: 3038, Replies: 60
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #51   2013/07/07 03:20PM
    Re: Nick,
    countryMomof4

IMO, Nick was never going to tell the truth about Summer.He had to be able to figure out how people were going to react so he was too afraid. He is doing so now because he was forced to.

#52   2013/07/07 03:39PM
    weatherholt3

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote bukopandan: When Nick told Avery that what he had to tell her wasn't about Summer but about Cassie, that said it all to me. That's how deeply he loved Cassie and was affected. Yeah he loves Summer, but Cassie in his life was something special beyond compare. Even Vic and Nikki felt that. I've never seen such a depth of connection and love for Summer anytime over the years. It's only now that the DNA story is being told that he's really been shown in any scenes sounding like Summer might mean half as much to him as Cassie did.

Sharon wanted to have a baby with him and he passed on that, but jumped at the chance to claim Phyllis's child. That speaks volumes about the depth of his connection with both Summer and Phyllis.

You have to be a fan of Shick or Phick to see anything between these two couples....

#53   2013/07/07 03:43PM
    Cazzwell

The writers are ruining Nick the same way they have ruined Sharon. I'm not a fan of either. He's a real sh*t for lying and like someone said in an earlier post, he is forever tainted.

#54   2013/07/07 04:25PM
    bukopandan

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote bukopandan: When Nick told Avery that what he had to tell her wasn't about Summer but about Cassie, that said it all to me. That's how deeply he loved Cassie and was affected. Yeah he loves Summer, but Cassie in his life was something special beyond compare. Even Vic and Nikki felt that. I've never seen such a depth of connection and love for Summer anytime over the years. It's only now that the DNA story is being told that he's really been shown in any scenes sounding like Summer might mean half as much to him as Cassie did.

Sharon wanted to have a baby with him and he passed on that, but jumped at the chance to claim Phyllis's child. That speaks volumes about the depth of his connection with both Summer and Phyllis.

He never set out to have a baby with Phyl. Once the pregnancy happened, that was a different situation.

And given how poorly he'd been handling his marriage and how grief-stricken he was that the child born of Sharon was gone, of course he was scared. There were reasons to wait.

Then ole Phyl turned out to have a couple eggs left in her carton and surprise, surprise. Of course that pregnancy was going to mean something to him at that point.

But never in all the years since Summer's birth, no matter at what age and who she was played by, did we see any emotion anywhere close to what we always felt between Nick and Cassie.

#55   2013/07/07 04:46PM
    laurie6

Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Sunnyflower:

He never set out to have a baby with Phyl. Once the pregnancy happened, that was a different situation.

And given how poorly he'd been handling his marriage and how grief-stricken he was that the child born of Sharon was gone, of course he was scared. There were reasons to wait.

Then ole Phyl turned out to have a couple eggs left in her carton and surprise, surprise. Of course that pregnancy was going to mean something to him at that point.

But never in all the years since Summer's birth, no matter at what age and who she was played by, did we see any emotion anywhere close to what we always felt between Nick and Cassie.

while I agree he had a good relationship with Cassie I also think he had the same with Summer, It is not a fact he had a better one with Cassie just an opinion. He never set out to have a child with Sharon either and wasn't very happy to find out about Cassie but he grew to love her, He knew Summer might not be his and stole her anyway and didn't care what it did to Sharon and Noah so that also says a lot IMO. He also has Faith do you think she means as much to him as Cassie did?

#56   2013/07/07 05:40PM
    Axl Rose

Quote laurie6:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Sunnyflower:

while I agree he had a good relationship with Cassie I also think he had the same with Summer, It is not a fact he had a better one with Cassie just an opinion. He never set out to have a child with Sharon either and wasn't very happy to find out about Cassie but he grew to love her, He knew Summer might not be his and stole her anyway and didn't care what it did to Sharon and Noah so that also says a lot IMO. He also has Faith do you think she means as much to him as Cassie did?

Exactly it is all about Cassie as far as Nick goes, but what Nick seems to forget is that she is dead, she is never ever coming back and he thought that by having a replacement daughter that it would fill the void in his life, taking Jack's daughter away from him robbing Jack of the chance of even being a father to Summer and why because he wanted to hold on to Cassie, that is such a bull**** excuse as far as I'm concerned, Nick is a p**** and a coward a really big one

#57   2013/07/07 05:44PM
    Cazzwell

Quote Axl Rose:
    Quote laurie6:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Sunnyflower:

Exactly it is all about Cassie as far as Nick goes, but what Nick seems to forget is that she is dead, she is never ever coming back and he thought that by having a replacement daughter that it would fill the void in his life, taking Jack's daughter away from him robbing Jack of the chance of even being a father to Summer and why because he wanted to hold on to Cassie, that is such a bull**** excuse as far as I'm concerned, Nick is a p**** and a coward a really big one

Exactly. He's about to shatter the reality of the people closest to him. He's already ruined any change of a friendship with Phyllis. I feel just as sorry for her. She's been lied to and deceived in a completely different sense.

When I say a different sense, I mean that nicks lies completely pulled the rug out from underneath her as well. He just tore apart the family that she's been nurturing for the past 18 years. That has to hurt a mother deeply.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/07 05:46PM
    #58   2013/07/07 05:46PM
    Axl Rose

Quote Cazzwell:
    Quote Axl Rose:
    Quote laurie6:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Sunnyflower:

Exactly. He's about to shatter the reality of the people closest to him. He's already ruined any change of a friendship with Phyllis. I feel just as sorry for her. She's been lied to and deceived in a completely different sense.

I do feel sorry for Phyllis but at the same time I don't because she chose to go along with this lie protecting Nick and Jack as soon as he finds out the whole truth he is going to want nothing to do with her ever again and Summer is never ever going to forgive her or Nick

#59   2013/07/07 05:49PM
    Cazzwell

Quote Axl Rose:
    Quote Cazzwell:
    Quote Axl Rose:
    Quote laurie6:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Sunnyflower:

I do feel sorry for Phyllis but at the same time I don't because she chose to go along with this lie protecting Nick and Jack as soon as he finds out the whole truth he is going to want nothing to do with her ever again and Summer is never ever going to forgive her or Nick

She thought on her feet though. Her instinct was to protect her child. How can I present this to my daughter and cause the least amount of pain? Then she got caught up in Nicks deceit. I think, if left to her own devices, Phylis would have handled this much differently if she had time to process it.

#60   2013/07/07 05:54PM
    Axl Rose

Quote Cazzwell:
    Quote Axl Rose:
    Quote Cazzwell:
    Quote Axl Rose:
    Quote laurie6:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Sunnyflower:

She thought on her feet though. Her instinct was to protect her child. How can I present this to my daughter and cause the least amount of pain? Then she got caught up in Nicks deceit. I think, if left to her own devices, Phylis would have handled this much differently if she had time to process it.

Yes but protecting Summer by seducing Kyle, how does that help Summer or even Jack for that matter? Kyle's relationship with his father Jack may never be the same again and or Summer's life will never be the same again that's for sure because her whole life is a lie and now that Jack is her father, I wonder if she will accept him as her father

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list