List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Nick, "I Did It For The Right Reasons!" = WTF

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Nick, "I Did It For The Right Reasons!" = WTF

Started by hillaryclark at 2013/07/04 11:36PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/09 04:25PM, Views: 3022, Replies: 60
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #41   2013/07/07 10:19AM
    Re: Nick,
    Squish

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote vikis3: Nick went to great lengths to replace Cassie and he actually feels justified...he is such a Newman

well, i guess, in nick's POV, they were the right reasons.

Cassie's death hit him really hard, moreso probably because if he hadn't of let her go out that night, the accident wouldn't have happened, so along with grief, we also have guilt.

phyl getting pregnant was an opportunity for him to feel better, relieve the grief with a brand new child, didn't really matter if it was his or not, just that he got a do-over with a new baby. also, he didn't have to see sharon cry or be sad anymore cause he had someone else to make him feel all better...beer, pizza, video games, kinky wild sex and a new kid...

That's a pretty picture but it's not really how things were by the time that Nick found out Phyllis was pregnant.

Nope, not at all.

I mean seriously....when was he really around Sharon to see her feeling sad. The way I remember it she was spending all that time with Brad and with work. She was as uninterested in Nick as he was in her.

#42   2013/07/07 10:28AM
    villyforever55

Nick wasn't thinking about anything except his own feelings. He didn't care who would be hurt or the damage this would cause, especially to the daughter he claims to love so much.

#43   2013/07/07 10:47AM
    bukopandan

When Nick told Avery that what he had to tell her wasn't about Summer but about Cassie, that said it all to me. That's how deeply he loved Cassie and was affected. Yeah he loves Summer, but Cassie in his life was something special beyond compare. Even Vic and Nikki felt that. I've never seen such a depth of connection and love for Summer anytime over the years. It's only now that the DNA story is being told that he's really been shown in any scenes sounding like Summer might mean half as much to him as Cassie did.

#44   2013/07/07 10:51AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote bukopandan: When Nick told Avery that what he had to tell her wasn't about Summer but about Cassie, that said it all to me. That's how deeply he loved Cassie and was affected. Yeah he loves Summer, but Cassie in his life was something special beyond compare. Even Vic and Nikki felt that. I've never seen such a depth of connection and love for Summer anytime over the years. It's only now that the DNA story is being told that he's really been shown in any scenes sounding like Summer might mean half as much to him as Cassie did.

Sharon wanted to have a baby with him and he passed on that, but jumped at the chance to claim Phyllis's child. That speaks volumes about the depth of his connection with both Summer and Phyllis.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/07 10:51AM
    #45   2013/07/07 10:53AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Squish:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote vikis3: Nick went to great lengths to replace Cassie and he actually feels justified...he is such a Newman

well, i guess, in nick's POV, they were the right reasons.

Cassie's death hit him really hard, moreso probably because if he hadn't of let her go out that night, the accident wouldn't have happened, so along with grief, we also have guilt.

phyl getting pregnant was an opportunity for him to feel better, relieve the grief with a brand new child, didn't really matter if it was his or not, just that he got a do-over with a new baby. also, he didn't have to see sharon cry or be sad anymore cause he had someone else to make him feel all better...beer, pizza, video games, kinky wild sex and a new kid...

That's a pretty picture but it's not really how things were by the time that Nick found out Phyllis was pregnant.

Nope, not at all.

I mean seriously....when was he really around Sharon to see her feeling sad. The way I remember it she was spending all that time with Brad and with work. She was as uninterested in Nick as he was in her.

She was in love with Brad and tried to reconnect with Nick when he was madly in love with Phyllis. Too little too late!

#46   2013/07/07 10:53AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote villyforever55: Nick wasn't thinking about anything except his own feelings. He didn't care who would be hurt or the damage this would cause, especially to the daughter he claims to love so much.

As always, he was only thinking of his own selfish self.

#47   2013/07/07 11:05AM
    babydylon

Quote bukopandan: When Nick told Avery that what he had to tell her wasn't about Summer but about Cassie, that said it all to me. That's how deeply he loved Cassie and was affected. Yeah he loves Summer, but Cassie in his life was something special beyond compare. Even Vic and Nikki felt that. I've never seen such a depth of connection and love for Summer anytime over the years. It's only now that the DNA story is being told that he's really been shown in any scenes sounding like Summer might mean half as much to him as Cassie did.

You are absolutely right, Nick used Summer to replace Cassie that in itself says it all. Good post.

#48   2013/07/07 11:11AM
    Squish

He said that to try and cover up this HUGE lie he has lived for 18 years, if he has this "mystical" connection with Cassie then the bond with Summer is even stronger, Nick just adopted Cassie, he made a conscious decision to claim Summer as his blood for 18 years through many many opportunities to own up to his lie. I find the exploitation of the character Cassie an insulting mockery of the truly special and unique relationship that Cassie the character and Camryn Grimes the actress had with the show. I've never rolled my eyes more over anything than I do every time I read about a "Cassie-ism" it's beyond ridiculous.

#49   2013/07/07 11:14AM
    Squish

Quote Sunnyflower:

Sharon wanted to have a baby with him and he passed on that, but jumped at the chance to claim Phyllis's child. That speaks volumes about the depth of his connection with both Summer and Phyllis.

He sure did. Based on the current timeline he spent more time connected to Phyllis and Summer than he ever did with Sharon, Noah and Cassie. LOL but hey Nick's not a prize worth fighting over and I truly don't care to get into a who he loved more debate because IMO he only loves himself.

#50   2013/07/07 11:22AM
    babydylon

Nick's love for Sharon will take them back where they belogned before he lusted with the evil Phyllis who he had one told her that she was not his type. Yeah its sad there is a young beautiful woman out there that will suffer for great love as a husband and father. That's usually happens when idiot women lure married men away from their family when the man is vulnerable.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list