List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Nick, "I Did It For The Right Reasons!" = WTF

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Nick, "I Did It For The Right Reasons!" = WTF

Started by hillaryclark at 2013/07/04 11:36PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/09 04:25PM, Views: 3071, Replies: 60
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #31   2013/07/06 10:59AM
    Re: Nick,
    tnettles

yep you know the Newmans,they feel like whatever they want they get.I wonder how saint Nikki wii react to this news

#32   2013/07/06 11:22AM
    countryMomof4

Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote vikis3: Nick went to great lengths to replace Cassie and he actually feels justified...he is such a Newman

well, i guess, in nick's POV, they were the right reasons.

Cassie's death hit him really hard, moreso probably because if he hadn't of let her go out that night, the accident wouldn't have happened, so along with grief, we also have guilt.

phyl getting pregnant was an opportunity for him to feel better, relieve the grief with a brand new child, didn't really matter if it was his or not, just that he got a do-over with a new baby. also, he didn't have to see sharon cry or be sad anymore cause he had someone else to make him feel all better...beer, pizza, video games, kinky wild sex and a new kid...

Seriously??? Seriously??? You are defending Nick? Seriously???

and if i am???

HOWEVER, that is not what i did. I was just pointing out why, IN NICK'S POV, he thought it was the right thing to do.

Just like when phyl made her grab for lucy, bring back daisy with her lies, throwing daniel under the bus and having daniel eviscerated on the witness stand etc. HER EXCUSE AND JUSTIFICATION was that she was DOING IT FOR HER FAMULEEEEEE. thus she was defended...

Characters on this show are constantly doing things which from their own POV is the right thing. They can ALL be criticized for doing what they did OR defended for what they did.

#33   2013/07/07 05:46AM
    Brooksie82

Woe, easy there buddy, lets not snap off on someone who is equally as passionate as you are about this soap. I do sympathize with you because it can be irritating when people cannot follow instructions and stay on track with the topic of the thread. Not everyone is at your proficiency level though. It was funny to see you go off! Just wish you could have included a photo capturing the disgruntled look on your face at that moment so I could have fully enjoyed it!

#34   2013/07/07 07:05AM
    Squish

IMO this whole storyline is a rewrite. Nick was shown to be completely "normal" in his grief over Cassie. It had been almost a year since she died before he even found out about Phyllis being pregnant and at the same time that he learned of Phyllis' pregnancy Sharon was suggesting for them to have another baby, he even told her he wanted to make sure that them trying to have another baby was for the "right" reasons. MAB rewrote the script when she had Nick basically call Phyllis his shrink with benefits, and now these writers have gone one step further around the "stretch your belief" corner by adding this next layer of rewrite that has Nick lying for 18 years....through all the various stories and all the times he's acted so sanctimoniously towards both Phyllis and Sharon for "lying" or their "poor" choices we are supposed to what forgive this??? sympathize??? see Nick as a victim??? Well it ain't happening! Nick looks like a bigger control freak, liar, jerk than his daddy.

#35   2013/07/07 07:14AM
    Squish

Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote vikis3: Nick went to great lengths to replace Cassie and he actually feels justified...he is such a Newman

Cassie's death hit him really hard, moreso probably because if he hadn't of let her go out that night, the accident wouldn't have happened, so along with grief, we also have guilt.

phyl getting pregnant was an opportunity for him to feel better, relieve the grief with a brand new child, didn't really matter if it was his or not, just that he got a do-over with a new baby. also, he didn't have to see sharon cry or be sad anymore cause he had someone else to make him feel all better...beer, pizza, video games, kinky wild sex and a new kid...

That's a pretty picture but it's not really how things were by the time that Nick found out Phyllis was pregnant.

#36   2013/07/07 07:56AM
    Wolf Girl

The only reason Dickluss kept the partenity a sercet so he could be with Phyills. He was tired of his life with Shar-a-bed and Noah.

#37   2013/07/07 08:09AM
    Soapyness

A really lame rewrite.

#38   2013/07/07 09:57AM
    nellybly

Quote Squish: IMO this whole storyline is a rewrite. Nick was shown to be completely "normal" in his grief over Cassie. It had been almost a year since she died before he even found out about Phyllis being pregnant and at the same time that he learned of Phyllis' pregnancy Sharon was suggesting for them to have another baby, he even told her he wanted to make sure that them trying to have another baby was for the "right" reasons. MAB rewrote the script when she had Nick basically call Phyllis his shrink with benefits, and now these writers have gone one step further around the "stretch your belief" corner by adding this next layer of rewrite that has Nick lying for 18 years....through all the various stories and all the times he's acted so sanctimoniously towards both Phyllis and Sharon for "lying" or their "poor" choices we are supposed to what forgive this??? sympathize??? see Nick as a victim??? Well it ain't happening! Nick looks like a bigger control freak, liar, jerk than his daddy.

Quote Soapyness: A really lame rewrite.

I agree. It is a REWRITE and yet another example of HACK writing at its worst.

Clearly JG & JFP do NOT know YR history or its characters.

#39   2013/07/07 10:03AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Squish: IMO this whole storyline is a rewrite. Nick was shown to be completely "normal" in his grief over Cassie. It had been almost a year since she died before he even found out about Phyllis being pregnant and at the same time that he learned of Phyllis' pregnancy Sharon was suggesting for them to have another baby, he even told her he wanted to make sure that them trying to have another baby was for the "right" reasons. MAB rewrote the script when she had Nick basically call Phyllis his shrink with benefits, and now these writers have gone one step further around the "stretch your belief" corner by adding this next layer of rewrite that has Nick lying for 18 years....through all the various stories and all the times he's acted so sanctimoniously towards both Phyllis and Sharon for "lying" or their "poor" choices we are supposed to what forgive this??? sympathize??? see Nick as a victim??? Well it ain't happening! Nick looks like a bigger control freak, liar, jerk than his daddy.

This is bang on and there are no excuses for this piece of crap loser.

#40   2013/07/07 10:04AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Squish:
    Quote valleycliffe:

That's a pretty picture but it's not really how things were by the time that Nick found out Phyllis was pregnant.

Nope, not at all.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list