List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Nick, "I Did It For The Right Reasons!" = WTF

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Nick, "I Did It For The Right Reasons!" = WTF

Started by hillaryclark at 2013/07/04 11:36PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/09 04:25PM, Views: 3039, Replies: 60
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #11   2013/07/05 11:28AM
    Re: Nick,
    Blue 501

Quote deceived:
    Quote Ebybrowempoly: When Cassie died both ShAron and Nick had the start of their own break down.now that ShAron admits that Adam was wrong for her and Nick admit that he and Phyllis were built on pain and now the truth is out .maybe both will start to heal.

The writers could have hit a home run with this, but I believe they will destroy both Nick and Sharon individually, and then as Shick for these newbies no one cares about... really no use in keep watching this soap since it doesn't resemble Y&R! These people should have created their own new soap. Then maybe we would have been interested.

It takes time to like new actors/actresses on a soap. And I am not sure Y&R has that much time to groom all new subs. Nick & Sharon grew up on Y&R so I have cared about them. The others, not so much. Some of the characters I despise. Others simply are not very interesting to me. So, I need to find something else to spend my time on since they have destroyed the two characters I like best & got rid of one I never liked but at least she was interesting.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/05 11:30AM
    #12   2013/07/05 11:33AM
    vikis3

Nick went to great lengths to replace Cassie and he actually feels justified...he is such a Newman

#13   2013/07/05 11:52AM
    Kimmd

Quote Axl Rose: I am tired of this damn p****, this motherf*****, I really hope he gets a payback coming to him, I really hope he gets what's coming to him because I have no sympathy for Nick at all especially after what he's done for 18 years

I have no sympathy for Jack. I think Summer hit the lottery! She should count her blessings that Nick took her from Jack.

#14   2013/07/05 11:52AM
    valleycliffe

Quote vikis3: Nick went to great lengths to replace Cassie and he actually feels justified...he is such a Newman

well, i guess, in nick's POV, they were the right reasons.

Cassie's death hit him really hard, moreso probably because if he hadn't of let her go out that night, the accident wouldn't have happened, so along with grief, we also have guilt.

phyl getting pregnant was an opportunity for him to feel better, relieve the grief with a brand new child, didn't really matter if it was his or not, just that he got a do-over with a new baby. also, he didn't have to see sharon cry or be sad anymore cause he had someone else to make him feel all better...beer, pizza, video games, kinky wild sex and a new kid...

#15   2013/07/05 12:02PM
    Kimmd

Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote vikis3: Nick went to great lengths to replace Cassie and he actually feels justified...he is such a Newman

Cassie's death hit him really hard, moreso probably because if he hadn't of let her go out that night, the accident wouldn't have happened, so along with grief, we also have guilt.

phyl getting pregnant was an opportunity for him to feel better, relieve the grief with a brand new child, didn't really matter if it was his or not, just that he got a do-over with a new baby. also, he didn't have to see sharon cry or be sad anymore cause he had someone else to make him feel all better...beer, pizza, video games, kinky wild sex and a new kid...

See that's the thing. Shick is all that attitude. The thing is the writers don't see them that way. NO matter how much manure the writers dump on this lying, cheating fiasco of a couple, they are still revered? So the writers will just keep dumping on them until they aren't! Then they will move on and write for Navery, Chadam, Chilly, Villy, and so on. Shick is ancient very bad history.

#16   2013/07/05 12:10PM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote valleycliffe:

Seriously??? Seriously??? You are defending Nick? Seriously???

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/05 12:11PM
    #17   2013/07/05 12:13PM
    shoozeyque

I have watched Y&R since day one and I have always loved Nick and Sharon.

How I hated it when they paired Nick up with that hag Phyllis. I jumped for joy when that relationship finally ended. I didn't care who Nick or Sharon was with thereafter, as long as Nick wasn't with Phyllis. Then they slowly and methodically destroyed Sharon, as they destroyed most of the Newmans anyway. They made Victor out to be a madman. He's a controlling manipulative character anyway, but they really made a crazy xxxxxxx out of him. I don't like the fact that they made Nikki the one who killed Diane when there was a whole laundry list of people who had stronger motives than Nikki to kill Diane.

I have no use for Jack. He's still the consummate liar and stupid jerk - that's how he destroyed his marriage to Sharon. I never liked that union either. It was short-term, thank gawd. He's stupid. I call him Jack _a$$. He just never learns. He's crazy if he marries Phyllis again because we all know Phyllis and what she's capable of.

I don't know what they're doing with Nick and Sharon's characters now, but what I'm seeing, I do not like at all. They're making Nick out to be such a dufuss.

Despite all that, I still love Nick and Sharon.

#18   2013/07/05 12:37PM
    valleycliffe

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote valleycliffe:

Seriously??? Seriously??? You are defending Nick? Seriously???

and if i am???

HOWEVER, that is not what i did. I was just pointing out why, IN NICK'S POV, he thought it was the right thing to do.

Just like when phyl made her grab for lucy, bring back daisy with her lies, throwing daniel under the bus and having daniel eviscerated on the witness stand etc. HER EXCUSE AND JUSTIFICATION was that she was DOING IT FOR HER FAMULEEEEEE. thus she was defended...

#19   2013/07/05 12:44PM
    Kimmd

Quote shoozeyque: I have watched Y&R since day one and I have always loved Nick and Sharon.

How I hated it when they paired Nick up with that hag Phyllis. I jumped for joy when that relationship finally ended. I didn't care who Nick or Sharon was with thereafter, as long as Nick wasn't with Phyllis. Then they slowly and methodically destroyed Sharon, as they destroyed most of the Newmans anyway. They made Victor out to be a madman. He's a controlling manipulative character anyway, but they really made a crazy xxxxxxx out of him. I don't like the fact that they made Nikki the one who killed Diane when there was a whole laundry list of people who had stronger motives than Nikki to kill Diane.

I have no use for Jack. He's still the consummate liar and stupid jerk - that's how he destroyed his marriage to Sharon. I never liked that union either. It was short-term, thank gawd. He's stupid. I call him Jack _a$$. He just never learns. He's crazy if he marries Phyllis again because we all know Phyllis and what she's capable of.

I don't know what they're doing with Nick and Sharon's characters now, but what I'm seeing, I do not like at all. They're making Nick out to be such a dufuss.

Despite all that, I still love Nick and Sharon.

Well the writers see Sharon as a crazy, self destructive not very bright character. The minute the writers had Sharon sexing up Victor, that told me exactly how they felt about Shick. If that isn't bad enough, their long dead daughter is the "pull" for them? This isn't a fairy tale, it's a nightmare! To the writers, Avery NOT Sharon is the fairy princess.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/05 12:45PM
    #20   2013/07/05 12:44PM
    vikis3

Quote Kimmd:
    Quote valleycliffe:

See that's the thing. Shick is all that attitude. The thing is the writers don't see them that way. NO matter how much manure the writers dump on this lying, cheating fiasco of a couple, they are still revered? So the writers will just keep dumping on them until they aren't! Then they will move on and write for Navery, Chadam, Chilly, Villy, and so on. Shick is ancient very bad history.

What insight you have there...knowing what the writers think and what s/l they will write next

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list