List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam fans: Why do you want Chelsea with Adam?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam fans: Why do you want Chelsea with Adam?

Started by BigBluePlate at 2013/06/25 10:07PM
    Latest post: 2013/06/27 07:22AM, Views: 1572, Replies: 18
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/06/26 09:33AM
    Re: Chadam fans: Why do you want Chelsea with Adam?
    calliope

cdhg pretty much reflects my feelings but I was a Shadam fan. I loved them together, Sharon became an interesting character again. I am not, nor ever have been, a Sharon fan. So many saw her as a golden good girl. She has never been that good girl to me. Yes, she and Nick had a fun love story as teens and no, she never ran over anyone with a car...but Sharon can match Victor in the manipulation department. Sorry, got off track. I like Chadam because they seem to really get each other. They know each others past and they can understand that there can be change. I think they are very much in love with each other. That is why Chelsea goes to such lengths to make him think she hates him now. And she is going to break Dylan's heart about this baby. So that is why I wish she would spit the truth out now and get back to the man she loves!

#12   2013/06/26 12:02PM
    Lolacat

Quote soap4lifer:
    Quote BigBluePlate: I always assumed that most Chadam fans were really Shadam haters. I get why some haters don't want Adam near Sharon but why, in light of all the bad things Adam has done, do you want him with Chels and not good guy Dylan? Especially since she seems so happy and content with Dylan? Please explain, as I just don't get it.

I think Adam has treated Chelsea and Sharon equally bad. He is not a nice man.

This is laughable.. Adam NEVER treated them equally bad.. Adam stole Sharons baby and told her she was dead.. Adam allowed Sharon to be locked up in prison by throwing out the evidence.. Adam told Sharon that he was only using her for meaningless sex.. Adam NEVER did these horrible things to Chelsea.. What Adam did do is not be there for Chelsea emotionally when they lost their baby.. Then refused to give up NE for them.. Way different.. At least Adam has expressed regrets for the choices that he has made to Chelsea. With Sharon, he just keeps screwing her over and over... Sharon needs to get strong and move on from a man that does not love her.

#13   2013/06/26 12:34PM
    chancegirl

Quote elizadolittle:
    Quote BigBluePlate: I always assumed that most Chadam fans were really Shadam haters. I get why some haters don't want Adam near Sharon but why, in light of all the bad things Adam has done, do you want him with Chels and not good guy Dylan? Especially since she seems so happy and content with Dylan? Please explain, as I just don't get it.

I just enjoy them together. Adam and Chelsea are both characters I hated. I'm die hard Villy so I could not stand Chelsea when she first came to town. I had many reasons to dislike Adam and his pairing with Sharon did him no favors for me. I started to like him more when Sharon ditched him after the Patty stuff. He seemed like he was making a genuine effort. Before I found him entertaining in a love to hate and amused by his one liners kind of way. His character wasn't really one I rooted for. The only other time I enjoyed a romantic Adam pairing was when Vail Bloom and Chris Egan were in the roles of Heather and Adam. I've loved MMAdam's chemistry with the people he is in scenes with but, I just didn't see him as a man in love that I could enjoy.Both Adam and Chelsea became characters that grew on me on their own and I just fell in love with them.

I think they both have a lot of growing to do but, I hope they'll find their way back to each other. Love them

Exactly. I love Chadam for these reasons. And I think the fact that Sharon was Adams victim makes shadam disgusting.

#14   2013/06/26 12:59PM
    LuvThatSoap

Quote chancegirl:
    Quote elizadolittle:

I just enjoy them together. Adam and Chelsea are both characters I hated. I'm die hard Villy so I could not stand Chelsea when she first came to town. I had many reasons to dislike Adam and his pairing with Sharon did him no favors for me. I started to like him more when Sharon ditched him after the Patty stuff. He seemed like he was making a genuine effort. Before I found him entertaining in a love to hate and amused by his one liners kind of way. His character wasn't really one I rooted for. The only other time I enjoyed a romantic Adam pairing was when Vail Bloom and Chris Egan were in the roles of Heather and Adam. I've loved MMAdam's chemistry with the people he is in scenes with but, I just didn't see him as a man in love that I could enjoy.Both Adam and Chelsea became characters that grew on me on their own and I just fell in love with them.

I think they both have a lot of growing to do but, I hope they'll find their way back to each other. Love them

Exactly. I love Chadam for these reasons. And I think the fact that Sharon was Adams victim makes shadam disgusting.

This is soap opera. Most of the greatest soap couples are stories that involve not so good people/good people. We watch for the love, the push, the pull, the feeling of excitement, the drama, the desperation that comes with true soapy gold. Most people read romance novels for the same reason. The escape and excitement that true love brings. That's what I see with Shadam. It's different than Chadam (too new) and Shick(lost their way).

#15   2013/06/26 01:11PM
    chancegirl

Quote cdhg:

You have assumed wrong with me, and I would assume a number of others. I understand that a number of Shadam fans would feel the same way wanting them to be together regardless of what Adam and Sharon may have done and said to one another.

I loved the story of Chadam from last year. I did not remember or had missed the bar scenes with Adam and Chelsea from January 2012, but remembering back to their first bar scenes in March 2012 after his return from Kansas, I really starting like their friendship and build up into a couple. I like how they started as friends, being honest, open, and working to be better people. Everything from being there for each others, their quirky humor, etc. I was actually a Shadam fan before, but now I will not go back and just do not have any thrill for Shadam from my perspective. Anyway, I still wanted Nick to come around at some point and for he and Sharon to eventually properly reunite.

From my perspective Chadam has excellent overall chemistry, which I do not see the same with Shadam. Shadam fans will disagree as well as will some others, and that is fine. Personally, I am not have to see love making scenes to like a couple and I do not want to stereotype fans here as wanting that. I am not trying to turn this into a Chadam/Shadam debate here.

Chadam draws me into their scenes emotionally probably better than any other couple in history. This is my favorite Y & R couple and perhaps my favorite couple of all time.

Chadam seems like the idea fit, whether they are being good together or if they were together embracing more of their bad side together. I can take them either way together. They brought out the best in each other and seem to balance one another. I like how Chelsea commands the room when she is with him anymore and how she challenges him to his face. I like it when I see the strong side of Chelsea come out.

Regarding Chylan, that seems phony and forced to me. It seems overdone from what I see with my eyes. I am not going to say that Chelsea does love or care for Dylan to a certain extent, I just think she is falling for his good guy persona and deeds and is replacing with him what she wanted with Adam. Her happiness on screen that is coming about with Dylan does not seem to be the same relaxed content real looking in love happiness that I saw on screen with her and Adam and this becomes even more evident to me as I rewatch video clips of Chadam from last year.

It seems to me that the writers are making it obvious that Chylan is a weak substitute for Chadam as neither Chelsea or Dylan have the same feelings for one another as they did for Adam and Avery respectively. The writers seem to be portraying this as one big ball of happy, which I think we see start to changing in weeks and the few upcoming months. I think if Chadam reunites, it will be different as they will be dealing with family issues and other things and the happy moments on screen will not be as common as the first time around, where their relationship was built.

From a storyline perspective, it has been painted as Adam the bad guy and Dylan the good guy, but I think we see that script reverse some in the weeks and months to come as this storyline plays out.

As I read posts from other Chadam posters, I find that Chadam supports like Chadam for Chadam and not to be anti-Shadam. Sure a number of Chadam supporters do not like Shadam, but first and foremost they really support Chadam with some watching just because they like Chadam period.

I never get bored watching Chadam. They just reel me in in ways that other couples on Y & R do not. Second for me in this regard would be Shick.

I am a little sorry for the long rant, but I like the overall story of Chadam and how both have made many bad choices and continue to do so but yet have a desire to be better with both suffering from their miscarriage and strong desire to be parents.

My support for Chadam is not related to Shadam. I do not mean any disrespect to Shadam or Chylan fans in this post, but this is my perspective. I just feel and have the emotion when I see Chadam. I could go on an on and have went on long enough.

Excellent post. Agree on all points.

#16   2013/06/26 10:01PM
    elizadolittle

Quote LuvThatSoap:
    Quote chancegirl:
    Quote elizadolittle:

This is soap opera. Most of the greatest soap couples are stories that involve not so good people/good people. We watch for the love, the push, the pull, the feeling of excitement, the drama, the desperation that comes with true soapy gold. Most people read romance novels for the same reason. The escape and excitement that true love brings. That's what I see with Shadam. It's different than Chadam (too new) and Shick(lost their way).

Maybe that's why you enjoy couples. I tend to enjoy couples I can relate to even if they are fictional. A women with the man who stole her child is just not something I could connect with. Same with a woman or man who get involved with their sexual assaulter/harasser (Christine and Michael, Daniel and Daisy if they became legitimate). Whereas people starting out as friends and becoming more, or people who start off disliking each other and get to know each other and fall in love (Victoria and Billy, Darcy and Elizabeth) I just relate to more, still get the sense of escape but, connect with more than a couple like Sharon and Adam.

#17   2013/06/27 04:56AM
    Kimmd

I like Chadam because I think Adam and Chelsea are the true love story.

#18   2013/06/27 05:15AM
    chancegirl

Quote LuvThatSoap:
    Quote chancegirl:
    Quote elizadolittle:

I like dram as much as the next person but when it comes to children it's not drama, it's sick. Crimes against children are too much. However I forgave Adam. Sharon is the one who suffered. Adam had his fan base and when Chadam came along it got bigger. Sharon started being written OOC once shadam began. To me, nick is and has always been the love of her life. Now, I am totally hooked on Chadam. I think MCE is brilliant and can see why they are giving her so much front burner story. She deserves it.

#19   2013/06/27 07:22AM
    Kimmd

Adam is deeply in love with Chelsea. He can't get over her no matter how hard he tries. Once he finds out about his baby, nothing will keep them apart.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list