List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chadam fans: Why do you want Chelsea with Adam?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chadam fans: Why do you want Chelsea with Adam?

Started by BigBluePlate at 2013/06/25 10:07PM
    Latest post: 2013/06/27 07:22AM, Views: 1327, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/06/25 10:07PM
    Chadam fans: Why do you want Chelsea with Adam?
    BigBluePlate

I always assumed that most Chadam fans were really Shadam haters. I get why some haters don't want Adam near Sharon but why, in light of all the bad things Adam has done, do you want him with Chels and not good guy Dylan? Especially since she seems so happy and content with Dylan? Please explain, as I just don't get it.

#2   2013/06/25 10:15PM
    Re: Chadam fans: Why do you want Chelsea with Adam?
    elizadolittle

Quote BigBluePlate: I always assumed that most Chadam fans were really Shadam haters. I get why some haters don't want Adam near Sharon but why, in light of all the bad things Adam has done, do you want him with Chels and not good guy Dylan? Especially since she seems so happy and content with Dylan? Please explain, as I just don't get it.

I just enjoy them together. Adam and Chelsea are both characters I hated. I'm die hard Villy so I could not stand Chelsea when she first came to town. I had many reasons to dislike Adam and his pairing with Sharon did him no favors for me. I started to like him more when Sharon ditched him after the Patty stuff. He seemed like he was making a genuine effort. Before I found him entertaining in a love to hate and amused by his one liners kind of way. His character wasn't really one I rooted for. The only other time I enjoyed a romantic Adam pairing was when Vail Bloom and Chris Egan were in the roles of Heather and Adam. I've loved MMAdam's chemistry with the people he is in scenes with but, I just didn't see him as a man in love that I could enjoy.Both Adam and Chelsea became characters that grew on me on their own and I just fell in love with them.

I think they both have a lot of growing to do but, I hope they'll find their way back to each other. Love them

#3   2013/06/25 10:29PM
    lilie

Quote elizadolittle:
    Quote BigBluePlate: I always assumed that most Chadam fans were really Shadam haters. I get why some haters don't want Adam near Sharon but why, in light of all the bad things Adam has done, do you want him with Chels and not good guy Dylan? Especially since she seems so happy and content with Dylan? Please explain, as I just don't get it.

I just enjoy them together. Adam and Chelsea are both characters I hated. I'm die hard Villy so I could not stand Chelsea when she first came to town. I had many reasons to dislike Adam and his pairing with Sharon did him no favors for me. I started to like him more when Sharon ditched him after the Patty stuff. He seemed like he was making a genuine effort. Before I found him entertaining in a love to hate and amused by his one liners kind of way. His character wasn't really one I rooted for. The only other time I enjoyed a romantic Adam pairing was when Vail Bloom and Chris Egan were in the roles of Heather and Adam. I've loved MMAdam's chemistry with the people he is in scenes with but, I just didn't see him as a man in love that I could enjoy.Both Adam and Chelsea became characters that grew on me on their own and I just fell in love with them.

I think they both have a lot of growing to do but, I hope they'll find their way back to each other. Love them

Shadam fans love them together because when these two are on screen, it's like every other character suddenly become irrelevant and seem to disappear. Sharon and Adam apparently are nothing short but amazing, sexy, passionate, romantic,and then some.. Even apart, they bring the buzz, the heat and it is almost impossible not to be glued to the television when they are in scenes together. I live, breath and dream of this couple. I would most definitely stop watching the show if one or both were not on it. I've never scene a couple in any daytime soap in all my life that has mesmerize me the way these two love birds does. I can go on but it will take more than just one night....JMO

#4   2013/06/25 10:44PM
    cdhg

You have assumed wrong with me, and I would assume a number of others. I understand that a number of Shadam fans would feel the same way wanting them to be together regardless of what Adam and Sharon may have done and said to one another.

I loved the story of Chadam from last year. I did not remember or had missed the bar scenes with Adam and Chelsea from January 2012, but remembering back to their first bar scenes in March 2012 after his return from Kansas, I really starting like their friendship and build up into a couple. I like how they started as friends, being honest, open, and working to be better people. Everything from being there for each others, their quirky humor, etc. I was actually a Shadam fan before, but now I will not go back and just do not have any thrill for Shadam from my perspective. Anyway, I still wanted Nick to come around at some point and for he and Sharon to eventually properly reunite.

From my perspective Chadam has excellent overall chemistry, which I do not see the same with Shadam. Shadam fans will disagree as well as will some others, and that is fine. Personally, I am not have to see love making scenes to like a couple and I do not want to stereotype fans here as wanting that. I am not trying to turn this into a Chadam/Shadam debate here.

Chadam draws me into their scenes emotionally probably better than any other couple in history. This is my favorite Y & R couple and perhaps my favorite couple of all time.

Chadam seems like the idea fit, whether they are being good together or if they were together embracing more of their bad side together. I can take them either way together. They brought out the best in each other and seem to balance one another. I like how Chelsea commands the room when she is with him anymore and how she challenges him to his face. I like it when I see the strong side of Chelsea come out.

Regarding Chylan, that seems phony and forced to me. It seems overdone from what I see with my eyes. I am not going to say that Chelsea does love or care for Dylan to a certain extent, I just think she is falling for his good guy persona and deeds and is replacing with him what she wanted with Adam. Her happiness on screen that is coming about with Dylan does not seem to be the same relaxed content real looking in love happiness that I saw on screen with her and Adam and this becomes even more evident to me as I rewatch video clips of Chadam from last year.

It seems to me that the writers are making it obvious that Chylan is a weak substitute for Chadam as neither Chelsea or Dylan have the same feelings for one another as they did for Adam and Avery respectively. The writers seem to be portraying this as one big ball of happy, which I think we see start to changing in weeks and the few upcoming months. I think if Chadam reunites, it will be different as they will be dealing with family issues and other things and the happy moments on screen will not be as common as the first time around, where their relationship was built.

From a storyline perspective, it has been painted as Adam the bad guy and Dylan the good guy, but I think we see that script reverse some in the weeks and months to come as this storyline plays out.

As I read posts from other Chadam posters, I find that Chadam supports like Chadam for Chadam and not to be anti-Shadam. Sure a number of Chadam supporters do not like Shadam, but first and foremost they really support Chadam with some watching just because they like Chadam period.

I never get bored watching Chadam. They just reel me in in ways that other couples on Y & R do not. Second for me in this regard would be Shick.

I am a little sorry for the long rant, but I like the overall story of Chadam and how both have made many bad choices and continue to do so but yet have a desire to be better with both suffering from their miscarriage and strong desire to be parents.

My support for Chadam is not related to Shadam. I do not mean any disrespect to Shadam or Chylan fans in this post, but this is my perspective. I just feel and have the emotion when I see Chadam. I could go on an on and have went on long enough.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/25 10:49PM
    #5   2013/06/26 02:33AM
    SmileLino

I never liked Adam and had to FF when he was on. I tend to do that with bad guys, i just don't like them.
    And i am sorry to the fans but i never got Shadam, it made my stomach turn thinking about how Sharon could fall for someone who did such evil stuff to her and her child.
    Chelsea i havent even watched because i am anti-Villy, so i had no interest in their storyline.
    However when Chadam had their first scene at the bar when Adam was blind, i was hooked. I loved their banter and how they accepted and made fun of their evil past. It was the first time i enjoyed watching Adam, seeing how helpful he was to Chelsea. I started looking forwards to their scenes, becausee for me their acting is excellent and i loved their frienship and what started to become more.
    Their relationship seemed real with flaws and not soap-perfect like so many others. Their banter and even their arguing in the later stages was real and acted to reality.
    For me they have tons of chemistry and their relationship turned me into fans of their character and actors.
    So that is the reason why i love them.

p.s and who can forget the amazing rain proposal, which was amazingly written and acted.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/26 02:35AM
    #6   2013/06/26 05:30AM
    BigBluePlate

Quote cdhg:

You have assumed wrong with me, and I would assume a number of others. I understand that a number of Shadam fans would feel the same way wanting them to be together regardless of what Adam and Sharon may have done and said to one another.

I loved the story of Chadam from last year. I did not remember or had missed the bar scenes with Adam and Chelsea from January 2012, but remembering back to their first bar scenes in March 2012 after his return from Kansas, I really starting like their friendship and build up into a couple. I like how they started as friends, being honest, open, and working to be better people. Everything from being there for each others, their quirky humor, etc. I was actually a Shadam fan before, but now I will not go back and just do not have any thrill for Shadam from my perspective. Anyway, I still wanted Nick to come around at some point and for he and Sharon to eventually properly reunite.

From my perspective Chadam has excellent overall chemistry, which I do not see the same with Shadam. Shadam fans will disagree as well as will some others, and that is fine. Personally, I am not have to see love making scenes to like a couple and I do not want to stereotype fans here as wanting that. I am not trying to turn this into a Chadam/Shadam debate here.

Chadam draws me into their scenes emotionally probably better than any other couple in history. This is my favorite Y & R couple and perhaps my favorite couple of all time.

Chadam seems like the idea fit, whether they are being good together or if they were together embracing more of their bad side together. I can take them either way together. They brought out the best in each other and seem to balance one another. I like how Chelsea commands the room when she is with him anymore and how she challenges him to his face. I like it when I see the strong side of Chelsea come out.

Regarding Chylan, that seems phony and forced to me. It seems overdone from what I see with my eyes. I am not going to say that Chelsea does love or care for Dylan to a certain extent, I just think she is falling for his good guy persona and deeds and is replacing with him what she wanted with Adam. Her happiness on screen that is coming about with Dylan does not seem to be the same relaxed content real looking in love happiness that I saw on screen with her and Adam and this becomes even more evident to me as I rewatch video clips of Chadam from last year.

It seems to me that the writers are making it obvious that Chylan is a weak substitute for Chadam as neither Chelsea or Dylan have the same feelings for one another as they did for Adam and Avery respectively. The writers seem to be portraying this as one big ball of happy, which I think we see start to changing in weeks and the few upcoming months. I think if Chadam reunites, it will be different as they will be dealing with family issues and other things and the happy moments on screen will not be as common as the first time around, where their relationship was built.

From a storyline perspective, it has been painted as Adam the bad guy and Dylan the good guy, but I think we see that script reverse some in the weeks and months to come as this storyline plays out.

As I read posts from other Chadam posters, I find that Chadam supports like Chadam for Chadam and not to be anti-Shadam. Sure a number of Chadam supporters do not like Shadam, but first and foremost they really support Chadam with some watching just because they like Chadam period.

I never get bored watching Chadam. They just reel me in in ways that other couples on Y & R do not. Second for me in this regard would be Shick.

I am a little sorry for the long rant, but I like the overall story of Chadam and how both have made many bad choices and continue to do so but
    yet have a desire to be better with both suffering from their miscarriage and strong desire to be parents.

My support for Chadam is not related to Shadam. I do not mean any disrespect to Shadam or Chylan fans in this post, but this is my perspective. I just feel and have the emotion when I see Chadam. I could go on an on and have went on long enough.

Thanks for the perspective. I don't know anyone who was a Shadam fan who prefer Chadam, so I appreciate your point of view. My theory has been that many Chadam fans ff'd thru Shadam scenes because the couldn't stomach good girl Sharon being with bad boy Adam after he had kidnapped Faith. Perhaps some viewed it as a moral wrong and so didn't see how the Shadam love story unfolded, which was AMAZING imho. it was romantic, exciting, and yes, improbable, but MM and SC made it work. They both fought so long and hard to be together, despite their past. Sharon helped make Adam a better human being, which is why it's so frustrating to Shadam fans that Chels is now getting credit for Adam's transformation. Unlike some Shadam fans who view Chels as a con forever, I understood why Adam turned to Chels after Sharon dumped him. They do have things in common, like their con pasts and I also enjoyed tgeir friendship. But for me, Adam never had the same romantic spark with Chels that he had with Sharon. Even some haters tired quickly of Chadam on that green couch, giggling and cooing. I don't mind that Chels is carrying Adam's baby, but prefer it if it were Sharon. So we continue to hope for an Shadam reunion, which seems more and more unlikely given Summergate and all the Shick anvils. Frankly, I think Avery may get involved with Adam and represent him when he fights for custody rights. Anything seems possible right now, but I sure do miss the Shadam love story. It was phenomenal.

#7   2013/06/26 05:44AM
    soap4lifer

I think Adam has treated Chelsea and Sharon equally bad. He is not a nice man.

#8   2013/06/26 06:00AM
    Joy T

I NEVER was a fan of Chelsea/Adam pairing. FF every time they were on. Loved all Adam scenes with anybody but her.

Chelsea acting is better with Dillon so I say keep them together!

I hope writers put Adam with Avery! Love their scenes and I see hot chemistry. Think they will sizzle!

No chemistry with Nick and Avery. Very boring to watch these days.

I am all for bringing back Shick! They are the younger version of Victor & Nicki and when those 2 retire, Nick & Sharon will be the head couple of family.

#9   2013/06/26 06:12AM
    ladycam

The writers have gone too far with their angst if that's what it is. In fact they show Chelsea having the exact same amount of love for Dylan as she did Adam. I want to forget that this is fiction and enjoy the story will never believe Chelsea loved Adam. After this s/l for me what would be the point of a Chadam reunion. It would ruin Chelsea's character for me even more. She finds Adam repulsive acts like he's scum not in a passionate way. Maybe MCE just plays the hateful role really well like MM.As a fan of Adam would think putting him back with Chelsea would be a punishment for his past crime. That he deserves this kind of women am sure Adam haters would enjoy that. Hope the writers correct their mistakes with Chelsea and let her and Dylan work through their issues. And not have her suddenly in love with Adam again. Otherwise it would just be an actress playing the role no passion nothing. I hope the writers are done with Chadam.

#10   2013/06/26 06:36AM
    Spike1976

I'm really late to the game. I watched those two when they were getting divorce and I thought they have great chemistry. I'm thinking they should get back together because there is so much passion in their scenes. I YT a lot of old clips with Chadam and even Shadam but I thought Chadam had way more chemistry.

I don't even see Sharon as a good girl. I thought she was a biotch all of last year trying to come between Chadam. Honestly, I don't see any of the women in GC as good girls. I don't think they exists in the soap world.

As I watch continually with the story, Chelsea doesn't look in love with Dylan like she was with Adam. Chelsea had a comfort level with Adam that she can be herself. This Chelsea seems to be walking on eggshell and trying to be on her best behavior. Maybe it's how MCE is playing it but it's not very convincing that she's blissfully happy but very phony and force.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/26 06:36AM
    1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list