List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Peace Out Y&R (Phyllis-Kyle Storyline is the End)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Peace Out Y&R (Phyllis-Kyle Storyline is the End)

Started by Coastal1 at 2013/06/24 03:36PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/01 04:32PM, Views: 9068, Replies: 51
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #31   2013/06/26 02:29PM
    Re: Peace Out Y&R (Phyllis-Kyle Storyline is the End)
    jacksmyguy

Quote Coastal1:
    Quote jacksmyguy: The way this is being written right now, it is totally unbelievable to me. While Phyllis may have done something like this in the past, back in the days of her crush on Danny, she has matured and changed over the years and would never go forward with deliberately hurting her daughter or jack by going through with seducing Kyle and risk losing them both, especially when this was all of Nick's fault to begin with. Jack said it all when he said to Phyllis that they were both different people years ago and Jack always brought out the softer, kinder, gentler side of Phyllis, so I don't buy the idea that she would deliberately hurt him like that. It seems as though the writers won't be happy until they trash all of the characters like they did to Sharon.

Yep. And another thing (there are a few dozen, aren't there?!?): I'm tired of watching Jack get dumped on. That's another hard to believe s/l. He's handsome, funny, rich and knows how to take a woman on great dates and vacations. And never a single sane woman who falls for him as much (or more) than he falls for her? Ridiculous.

Can any of us really believe that Victor gets more women than Jack?!? yeah, right. He and Sharon were pathetic. That s/l was the beginning of the end for me.

All I can say is AMEN!

#32   2013/06/26 05:46PM
    Coastal1

[quote]Quote jacksmyguy: [quote]Quote Coastal1: [quote]Quote jacksmyguy: The way this is being written right now, it is totally unbelievable to me. While Phyllis may have done something like this in the past, back in the days of her crush on Danny, she has matured and changed over the years and would never go forward with deliberately hurting her daughter or jack by going through with seducing Kyle and risk losing them both, especially when this was all of Nick's fault to begin with. Jack said it all when he said to Phyllis that they were both different people years ago and Jack always brought out the softer, kinder, gentler side of Phyllis, so I don't buy the idea that she would deliberately hurt him like that. It seems as though the writers won't be happy until they trash all of the characters like they did to Sharon.[/quote]

Yep. And another thing (there are a few dozen, aren't there?!?): I'm tired of watching Jack get dumped on. That's another hard to believe s/l. He's handsome, funny, rich and knows how to take a woman on great dates and vacations. And never a single sane woman who falls for him as much (or more) than he falls for her? Ridiculous.

Can any of us really believe that Victor gets more women than Jack?!? yeah, right. He and Sharon were pathetic. That s/l was the beginning of the end for me.[/quote]

All I can say is AMEN![/quote

Thanks!! Will the writers ever right the ship? I haven't been watching this week -- hoping to read something here that indicates we were wrong about their dismal performance. So far -- it sounds like things are only getting worse from episode to episode~!

#33   2013/06/26 07:47PM
    Coastal1

I'm too afraid to open some of the newest threads about what they've done with the Phyllis & Kyle storyline. I'm glad I'm not watching. I think it would make me nauseaus. These writers deserve to go down. I just hope the Y&R ship can stay afloat. Let me know when it's safely in the dock!!

#34   2013/06/27 05:53PM
    Coastal1

Quote Coastal1: I'm too afraid to open some of the newest threads about what they've done with the Phyllis & Kyle storyline. I'm glad I'm not watching. I think it would make me nauseaus. These writers deserve to go down. I just hope the Y&R ship can stay afloat. Let me know when it's safely in the dock!!

I don't know what sort of a production miracle I was hoping for, but I haven't watched all week and have been deleting the recorded episodes from the dvr. I don't want to see the s/l that is evidently unfolding for Phyllis. So I guess I will cancel the recordings as of tomorrow.

This is so sad. But I'm done watching a show that seems to have such little regard for its long-time audience (practically a lifetime!!!) that it can't even use an intern to read a few message boards and see how miserable they have made us!!~!

#35   2013/06/27 06:50PM
    Valene

Quote Coastal1: So many great comments here - really enjoying them. The only one that I can't relate to is the comparison to B&B. My reaction to that is "Who cares what B&B does in comparison to Y&R?" B&B is trash. Pure trash. Y&R used to have much classier characters and richer storylines. The two are in very different leagues.

I'm going to miss Y&R. But those of us who have really appreciated the previous writing and casting are missing the formerly high quality soap whether we're still watching or not.

I just think it's too painful to watch it deteriorate to the point that incest (or the risk of it) is considered NO BIG DEAL BY NICK NEWMAN. When Victor slept with Sharon, I knew it was the beginning of the end for me. It's just getting worse every episode. As I wrote in the OP, it's beyond the pale. They are showing no respect for the history of these characters and who they are by nature.

All I can say is I started watching Y & R when Ted Shackelford came on board. At first I liked it, started recording it and it was ok to watch. Then I began to FF just a little at first..then a little more and now almost all of it! Everyone has slept with everyone again and again and its reached a disgusting level. I may watch 2 minutes of the total show. There is no heart left in this show.

#36   2013/06/27 07:49PM
    Triggerfish

I never thought I'd say it but the show is worse now than it was when MAB was calling the shots. They have utterly destroyed Sharon, Nick, Phyllis, Jack, Kyle, and Lauren. I think that's about it for me... from here on out I think I'll cancel my DVR series recording and just check this board every couple of months to see if CBS has cleaned house again and installed new writers and producers.

#37   2013/06/27 10:22PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Valene:
    Quote Coastal1: So many great comments here - really enjoying them. The only one that I can't relate to is the comparison to B&B. My reaction to that is "Who cares what B&B does in comparison to Y&R?" B&B is trash. Pure trash. Y&R used to have much classier characters and richer storylines. The two are in very different leagues.

I'm going to miss Y&R. But those of us who have really appreciated the previous writing and casting are missing the formerly high quality soap whether we're still watching or not.

I just think it's too painful to watch it deteriorate to the point that incest (or the risk of it) is considered NO BIG DEAL BY NICK NEWMAN. When Victor slept with Sharon, I knew it was the beginning of the end for me. It's just getting worse every episode. As I wrote in the OP, it's beyond the pale. They are showing no respect for the history of these characters and who they are by nature.

All I can say is I started watching Y & R when Ted Shackelford came on board. At first I liked it, started recording it and it was ok to watch. Then I began to FF just a little at first..then a little more and now almost all of it! Everyone has slept with everyone again and again and its reached a disgusting level. I may watch 2 minutes of the total show. There is no heart left in this show.

If you only started watching the show when Ted Shackelford came on board (not that long ago) you really missed an awful lot of good years and story lines. Google some searches on the internet when you get a chance and watch some clips of the early days of scenes with Victor, Paul, Michael, Jack, Phyllis Nikki, Catherine, Jill, etc. and you will be even more sick about what this show has become now. Back in the days that Bill Bell was in charge there were great love stories, lots of interesting story lines and, best of all, great acting. After the lousy show I watched today I was again bored to death and the previews for cliffhanger Friday don't look much improved.

#38   2013/06/28 07:51AM
    Coastal1

Quote Triggerfish: I never thought I'd say it but the show is worse now than it was when MAB was calling the shots. They have utterly destroyed Sharon, Nick, Phyllis, Jack, Kyle, and Lauren. I think that's about it for me... from here on out I think I'll cancel my DVR series recording and just check this board every couple of months to see if CBS has cleaned house again and installed new writers and producers.

Me too. If they clean up their act I will consider watching again. But not until they do. And they have absolutely, as you said, destroyed Sharon, Nick, Phyllis, Jack, Kyle, and Lauren.

No doubt about it.

#39   2013/06/28 08:37AM
    coolkraft

Quote Coastal1:
    Quote Triggerfish: I never thought I'd say it but the show is worse now than it was when MAB was calling the shots. They have utterly destroyed Sharon, Nick, Phyllis, Jack, Kyle, and Lauren. I think that's about it for me... from here on out I think I'll cancel my DVR series recording and just check this board every couple of months to see if CBS has cleaned house again and installed new writers and producers.

Me too. If they clean up their act I will consider watching again. But not until they do. And they have absolutely, as you said, destroyed Sharon, Nick, Phyllis, Jack, Kyle, and Lauren.

No doubt about it.

Sad they don't seem to care about the loyal old time viewers and I do not think things will change; so I will continue not watching and checking the boards; as a final say they absolutely ruined Dylan as well

#40   2013/06/28 05:27PM
    Coastal1

Quote coolkraft: Sad they don't seem to care about the loyal old time viewers and I do not think things will change; so I will continue not watching and checking the boards; as a final say they absolutely ruined Dylan as well

Way to go Y&R. Most of TPTB have not been working in television production as long as some of us have been Y&R fans.

You blew it! I hope the ratings continue to fall. Watching Y&R fall apart in the same way Guiding Light and As the World Turns did -- is more than I can bear. As I said, PEACE OUT, and thanks for ruining a once beautiful soap!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list