List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Peace Out Y&R (Phyllis-Kyle Storyline is the End)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Peace Out Y&R (Phyllis-Kyle Storyline is the End)

Started by Coastal1 at 2013/06/24 03:36PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/01 04:32PM, Views: 8975, Replies: 51
    1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #1   2013/06/24 03:36PM
    Peace Out Y&R (Phyllis-Kyle Storyline is the End)
    Coastal1

I've watched Y&R since the very first episode. But I can't bear to watch this latest unraveling of anything halfway intelligent. The entire Summer paternity story is beyond the pale -- that any father would come so close to risking incest between his son and his daughter -- or at least who he thinks are his son and his daughter.

And then Phyllis betraying Jack. I don't believe she would.

So I'm done.

It's been a long and sometimes great experience, Y&R. But you've totally blown it lately. So I'm out.

#2   2013/06/24 03:42PM
    Re: Peace Out Y&R (Phyllis-Kyle Storyline is the End)
    Laloni

Quote Coastal1: I've watched Y&R since the very first episode. But I can't bear to watch this latest unraveling of anything halfway intelligent. The entire Summer paternity story is beyond the pale -- that any father would come so close to risking incest between his son and his daughter -- or at least who he thinks are his son and his daughter.

So I'm done.

It's been a long and sometimes great experience, Y&R. But you've totally blown it lately. So I'm out.

I understand how you feel, the writers are bad and they don't care that viewers are dropping like flies. I no longer watch the show but I enjoy reading the Message boards

#3   2013/06/24 03:56PM
    Kimmd

Quote Coastal1: I've watched Y&R since the very first episode. But I can't bear to watch this latest unraveling of anything halfway intelligent. The entire Summer paternity story is beyond the pale -- that any father would come so close to risking incest between his son and his daughter -- or at least who he thinks are his son and his daughter.

So I'm done.

Redoing this paternity of an 18 year old? Who cares? Not the writers and it shows!

#4   2013/06/24 05:22PM
    LucySnowe

I'm with you, OP. I, like many fans, waited seven years for this story. And it's a piece of nonsensical crap (and this even before the much heralded twists and turns have come). Insulting beyond belief. I'm out, too. I've become embarrassed to watch this show.

#5   2013/06/24 05:28PM
    Fire_Phy

So I'm done.

Not me I am staying as long as it airs and I have been watching this show since day one as well. And right now I am loving this show.

#6   2013/06/24 06:33PM
    pink sassylady

They did it on b&b so why not here. Let Phyllis and Kyle hook up. What if Kyle was using summer only to stay close to Phyllis.think about it. Yes he may not be. That much older than summer but it what 4 to 6 years maybe. He is out of college and he has been around .he also is able to get into clubs. Do we think that he will settle dating a girl who is 18 but isn't able to get into a club if they wanted. Phyllis said that he is more mature than summer .he is on a different level than summer. Yes summer is sweet and funny but I can see that wearing soon.

#7   2013/06/24 09:35PM
    y.nr

So I'm done.

Hey Costal,

That is just what TPTB want us all to do... quit watching. These idiots are sabotaging their own show, why??? Because the new brass are probably a bunch of young idiots, that are into the crap that is on prime-time these days. Two & Half Men, How I met Your Mother, Two Broke Girls just to name a few... Crap that turns the heads of drunken frat boys. They have no respect for demographics above ages 30+. Even though we are the ones buying all the crap that is advertised during these shows. I know it is really hard to watch now, but leave it on for ratings sake, and leave the room...that's what I do, and then watch it later on-line, and ffw thru scenes I wish not to partake in!

Best Regards,

Y.nR...

#8   2013/06/24 09:50PM
    cards1

So I'm done.

I feel your pain, I to have watched it since the first epi, and will probably continue, but the writing is horrible IMO.

Why in the world would Phyllis ruin her relationship with Summer to protect Nick's butt? By making her think something happened between her mother and her first love. Not to mention what it will do to Jack.

It's not just that S/L either, ALL the characters have gotten so annoying. Even one I loved. Look what they are doing to Villy, Lane, Chlovin, and the Chelsea pregnancy lie that Adam and Dylan are both falling for
    and I'm not even going to get started on what they have done to the character of Sharon.

#9   2013/06/25 08:02AM
    Kosi

[quote]Quote y.nr: [quote]Quote Coastal1: I've watched Y&R since the very first episode. But I can't bear to watch this latest unraveling of anything halfway intelligent. The entire Summer paternity story is beyond the pale -- that any father would come so close to risking incest between his son and his daughter -- or at least who he thinks are his son and his daughter.

Hey Costal,

That is just what TPTB want us all to do... quit watching. These idiots are sabotaging their own show, why??? Because the new brass are probably a bunch of young idiots, that are into the crap that is on prime-time these days. Two & Half Men, How I met Your Mother, Two Broke Girls just to name a few... Crap that turns the heads of drunken frat boys. They have no respect for demographics above ages 30+. Even though we are the ones buying all the crap that is advertised during these shows. I know it is really hard to watch now, but leave it on for ratings sake, and leave the room...that's what I do, and then watch it later on-line, and ffw thru scenes I wish not to partake in!

Best Regards,

Y.nR... [/quote

RIGHT ON THE MARK!!!!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/25 08:03AM
    #10   2013/06/25 08:19AM
    Coastal1

So many great comments here - really enjoying them. The only one that I can't relate to is the comparison to B&B. My reaction to that is "Who cares what B&B does in comparison to Y&R?" B&B is trash. Pure trash. Y&R used to have much classier characters and richer storylines. The two are in very different leagues.

I'm going to miss Y&R. But those of us who have really appreciated the previous writing and casting are missing the formerly high quality soap whether we're still watching or not.

I just think it's too painful to watch it deteriorate to the point that incest (or the risk of it) is considered NO BIG DEAL BY NICK NEWMAN. When Victor slept with Sharon, I knew it was the beginning of the end for me. It's just getting worse every episode. As I wrote in the OP, it's beyond the pale. They are showing no respect for the history of these characters and who they are by nature.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/25 08:20AM
    1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list