List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: The Trouble With Y&R Is Twisted Logic

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The Trouble With Y&R Is Twisted Logic

Started by distant drifter at 2013/06/23 10:07AM
    Latest post: 2013/06/23 10:52PM, Views: 657, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2013/06/23 10:07AM
    The Trouble With Y&R Is Twisted Logic
    distant drifter

The storylines like someone said are twisted. Why in the name of Saint Nick would Nick and especially Phyllis want to continue holding on to the paternity test results knowing that Summer is beyond ready to pounce on Kyle. They should have nipped that in the bud as soon as the results were out. As far as Chloe calling Kevin a thief she is one also. Not to mention a trouble maker and the Queen of keeping a lie going. Lately the show has these grown azz people twisting and turning the truth to no end in sight. But yet they are the first to holler when they are slapped in the face. They still have Sharon Case walking on ice by sleeping with strange men and visions of sugar plums dancing in her head about Nick. They will not give her a break. Now, let me give you my version of what is going on.

The writers have writer's block and have lost all sense of reality, purpose, compassion, and drive. Please give us a break. I don't need this crappy crap. At least Doug Davidson finally got his long overdue emmy win. That was right. Maybe we just have to wait until the year 2020 before the show comes out of twilight zone status and comes back to earth with the rest of us. The only character I am loving right now is Dylan. I love this character and I hope they never defile his character. I am about done with Y&R but am willing to give it one more chance. right now it has a disease that is going to spread unless they operate on it quick. We, the viewers see this hot mess unfolding and we are sick of it. I realize it is only a soap but the writers can do better. A little imagination goes a long way. We all know there is a good and an evil, yes, it really does exist but love conquers all in the end. So, with that said, please give us a break and stop the madness especially with Sharon Case's character. Enough is enough. We deserve to see something that makes sense for a change. Please don't let us down. You can't get to number one on this type of nonsense. Never play the viewers as stupid morons. Right now the show has stopped making sense. It's kind of crazy. That is beneath even you. Young people watch this show as well so you have to put in place the fact that actions have consequences. You can't continue letting people get away with things. Kevin is a common criminal and look how he keeps coming out smelling like a rose with a pat on the back. He is so twisted it is beyond pathetic. Y&R, you are letting us down big time. You used to be number one for setting things straight. After Mr. Bell passed the show has gone in another direction. Sharon should have never been with Victor. They had a father/daughter relationship and it should have stayed that way. Everywhere I go a stranger brings that up. We are not trying to tell you how to write the show, we just want you to be realistic about it and stop the madness. Kevin needs to pay for all the wrong he has done. It is nothing worse than someone breaking into your home and invading your privacy and taking what you have worked hard for. What he and Chloe did was a violation of too many things to talk about. They both need to pay for their crimes. Especially Kevin because he continues to do so. And please donot blame it on his childhood. Lots of people have had much worse happen in their childhood but that did not make them common criminals. If he is sick, and he is, put him in an institution. Michael is no saint either for covering up for his sorry azz brother that will never grow up. Now the writers want us to accept this type of outrageous behavior. Y&R, I challenge you to do better. You can get rid of the Kevin character because he has outlived his usefulness. Take him off of the payroll. Stop exploiting women. Women donot need a man to define who and what they are. Stop this assassination on Sharon's character. Enough is enough! Find another way to save your characters but whatever you do donot spare penalities for unjustified actions.

#2   2013/06/23 10:28AM
    Re: The Trouble With Y&R Is Twisted Logic
    MsSuperSuds

Good post! You are so very right about the audience not sitting down to watch this stupidity created by a lazy writing staff. Y&R has always attracted an intelligent audience and that is still true today. JFP cannot dictate what she likes and wants viewers to see on Y&R and expect us to like it well enough to support it. Ain't gonna happen! Not gonna do it!!

I predict the ratings are inflated the next time they are posted and will suggest that Y&R is attracting more viewers are watching faithfully. Y&R, cbs, & sony are counting on Y&R being shown on TGVN instead of SoapNet TV to bring in more viewers to increase the ratings. What Y&R really needs are showrunners & writers w/ a clear vision for the stories on the show. They can be tweaked along the way but they need to know which direction they are going.

#3   2013/06/23 12:52PM
    hubbardfan

Distant Drifter:
    Nicely worded, clearly stated, true post! ITA!!!

#4   2013/06/23 01:04PM
    Winnipeg Woman

What REALLY bothers me about the show is that you never see Johnny, or any remnant that there is a child that lives with Billy & Victoria, no nanny, nothing. Same for the Ashby twins, at least Faith got a little time. The parents are never in a rush to pick up their kids or see them, or even phone to see if they are OK. It's so phony for this purpose. Why don't they at least cast "nannies" for the children characters to make it a little bit more believable.

Also, all these people who have no credentials (Lily, Cane, Devon) and they are all in high ranking executive type positions, running large corporations???? Nepitism runs rampant in Genoa City.

I suspect the Phyllis character will go and help Daniel with raising Lucy. That's my guess anyway.

#5   2013/06/23 01:13PM
    babydylon

Poor Lucy she would be better with Daisy there than grandmother dearest Phyllis.

#6   2013/06/23 03:54PM
    Kimmd

Quote distant drifter: The storylines like someone said are twisted. Why in the name of Saint Nick would Nick and especially Phyllis want to continue holding on to the paternity test results knowing that Summer is beyond ready to pounce on Kyle. They should have nipped that in the bud as soon as the results were out. As far as Chloe calling Kevin a thief she is one also. Not to mention a trouble maker and the Queen of keeping a lie going. Lately the show has these grown azz people twisting and turning the truth to no end in sight. But yet they are the first to holler when they are slapped in the face. They still have Sharon Case walking on ice by sleeping with strange men and visions of sugar plums dancing in her head about Nick. They will not give her a break. Now, let me give you my version of what is going on.

The writers have writer's block and have lost all sense of reality, purpose, compassion, and drive. Please give us a break. I don't need this crappy crap. At least Doug Davidson finally got his long overdue emmy win. That was right. Maybe we just have to wait until the year 2020 before the show comes out of twilight zone status and comes back to earth with the rest of us. The only character I am loving right now is Dylan. I love this character and I hope they never defile his character. I am about done with Y&R but am willing to give it one more chance. right now it has a disease that is going to spread unless they operate on it quick. We, the viewers see this hot mess unfolding and we are sick of it. I realize it is only a soap but the writers can do better. A little imagination goes a long way. We all know there is a good and an evil, yes, it really does exist but love conquers all in the end. So, with that said, please give us a break and stop the madness especially with Sharon Case's character. Enough is enough. We deserve to see something that makes sense for a change. Please don't let us down. You can't get to number one on this type of nonsense. Never play the viewers as stupid morons. Right now the show has stopped making sense. It's kind of crazy. That is beneath even you. Young people watch this show as well so you have to put in place the fact that actions have consequences. You can't continue letting people get away with things. Kevin is a common criminal and look how he keeps coming out smelling like a rose with a pat on the back. He is so twisted it is beyond pathetic. Y&R, you are letting us down big time. You used to be number one for setting things straight. After Mr. Bell passed the show has gone in another direction. Sharon should have never been with Victor. They had a father/daughter relationship and it should have stayed that way. Everywhere I go a stranger brings that up. We are not trying to tell you how to write the show, we just want you to be realistic about it and stop the madness. Kevin needs to pay for all the wrong he has done. It is nothing worse than someone breaking into your home and invading your privacy and taking what you have worked hard for. What he and Chloe did was a violation of too many things to talk about. They both need to pay for their crimes. Especially Kevin because he continues to do so. And please donot blame it on his childhood. Lots of people have had much worse happen in their childhood but that did not make them common criminals. If he is sick, and he is, put him in an institution. Michael is no saint either for covering up for his sorry azz brother that will never grow up. Now the writers want us to accept this type of outrageous behavior. Y&R, I challenge you to do better. You can get rid of the Kevin character because he has outlived his usefulness. Take him off of the payroll. Stop exploiting women. Women donot need a man to define who and what they are. Stop this assassination on Sharon's character. Enough is enough! Find another way to save your characters but whatever you do donot spare penalities for unjustified actions.

The problem for the Sharon character is that she was created by a middle aged man(the great Bill Bell) who grew up in the 1950's. It's a very different world now. For one thing all the head writers and many of the EP's are women now. So they see the world and women very differently.

#7   2013/06/23 10:52PM
    Traveling Lady

Quote hubbardfan: Distant Drifter:
    Nicely worded, clearly stated, true post! ITA!!!

ITA!! The only things we see on this story now: murder and mayhem. There is no family life, no business life and no love life. Y and R use to have all of that like the other soaps. SMH!!!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list