List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Josh Griffith, aka, "FlopGriff" = Terrible Writer!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Josh Griffith, aka, "FlopGriff" = Terrible Writer!

Started by FlopGriff at 2013/06/21 12:02PM
    Latest post: 2013/06/23 10:40PM, Views: 12987, Replies: 77
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #61   2013/06/22 01:56PM
    Re: Josh Griffith, aka,
    login

I think they want this show to fail.

#62   2013/06/22 02:02PM
    hopey pix

You are so right!!MAB WAS BETTER,IMO!!!I think they should bring her back!And re-hire SPF as Sam,PRONTO!!!Sharon sure needs Sam now!I don't want to see her become a prostitute and pick up men in bars!How is that better?I hate the newbies,except for Chavez and Nu-Noah!!They have been okay!And also get Blake Hood back,ASAP!!Tell the other Abby,now on GH,All is forgiven,come back Abby and Ashley too!Boy,do they need these people back now!!!

#63   2013/06/22 03:47PM
    Josh Griffith, aka, "FlopGriff" = Terrible Writer!
    maguffin

Quote flowergerl: I want to add that FlopGriff seems to hate women too, the writing for women is soooooooo crappy. It's so bad, I have to turn the show off. These women become unwatchable to me because of FlopGriff writing.

FlopGriff decided Sharon is a Hooker now. Her character does nothing but pick up randoms in bars. FlopGriff, I will never forgive you for calling Sharon "wackadoo" and making fun of bipolar people, and now you write Sharon as a prostitute. You're worse than MAB.

FlopGriff decided Victoria is a crazed lunatic. FlopGriff wrote this hormones crap to destroy her, because FlopGriff thinks hormonal women are stupid. OP is right, look at Bill Bell's Victoria, she was smart, strong, capable, ruthless businesswoman, took no crap, and always working. FlopGriff has her running around town weeping and imagining things that aren't there. FlopGriff's Victoria can't even work a phone. Bill Bell would roll over in his grave if he saw what FlopGriff did.

FlopGriff decides that Phyllis is gonna seduce Kyle, Jack's son and her former step-son, instead of tell Jack and Summer the truth about her paternity. Boy, Phyllis is getting screwed. Now everyone's gonna blame Phyllis. Where's Nick? Oh yah, he's busy planning his wedding to Phyllis sister. FlopGriff has a creepy fetish with incest. Can anyone blame MS for walking? She's getting out before the ship sinks. MS sees the FlopGriff writing on the wall.

Leave it to FlopGRiff to mess up the Summer paternity story. This was a no brainer but FlopGriff still managed to ruin it.

The writing for women is the pits. The worst sexist stereotypes, hello, somebody tell Floppy it's 2013. I read JFP hates women over 40, no surprise, I can see it in these dumbass stories. I miss Bill Bell, that man was a visionary, ahead of his time, ground-breaking for women, Bell knew how to tell a good story from start to finish. Floppy isn't fit to shine his shoes, that's for sure.

#64   2013/06/22 03:51PM
    maguffin

Quote janesBydiction: I don't even post here anymore and I had to log in to say what a fabulous post this was. You are completely on point from every angle. The writing is an embarrassment and the fact that they have managed to suck the life out of the Phyllis/Summer/Nick/Jack story tells me how incompetent these writers are.

I firmly believe a that 13yo with moderate intelligence and a keen interest in creative writing could do a considerably better job that Josh Griffith has done. Every single story that he has put out has been a hot mess. Thanks FlopGriffith!

IKR!! Thanks for nothing, Floppy.

#65   2013/06/22 03:55PM
    maguffin

Quote observation:
    Quote roseofsharon1942: If the new writers were fired from GH why are they good enough for Y&R?

You know...I was wondering the same thing, why hire folk that's been fired from a soap? Are they trying to sabotage the show...it sure looks like it!!

I keeping asking that question too. If these lame writers got fired from other shows, why hire these losers? They got fired for a reason, right? Their sh*t stinks..

#66   2013/06/22 04:35PM
    DEEDEEBAY

thats just sick.....she is old enough to be his mother!!!!

#67   2013/06/22 06:05PM
    julianbarnes

Quote maguffin:
    Quote observation:
    Quote roseofsharon1942: If the new writers were fired from GH why are they good enough for Y&R?

You know...I was wondering the same thing, why hire folk that's been fired from a soap? Are they trying to sabotage the show...it sure looks like it!!

I keeping asking that question too. If these lame writers got fired from other shows, why hire these losers? They got fired for a reason, right? Their sh*t stinks..

Did you guys know that "FlopGriff" has 2 Co-Head Writers? Both ladies are "FOJ" (Friends of Jill Phelps) from ABC soaps and were fired from General Hospital.

Tracey Thomson - Y&R Co-Head Writer: December 7, 2012-present
    Shelly Altman - Y&R Co-Head Writer: March 18, 2013 – Present

Tracey Thomson wrote for AMC and GH. She was fired.

Shelly Altman wrote for AW, OLTL, and GH. She was fired.

JFP is still hiring her friends for writing, lighting, camera crew, music, behind the scenes it's turning into "FOJ" territory. The reason the writers don't respect Y&R history is because they're General Hospital and AMC soap writers who jumped networks with JFP and Stevie Burton.

#68   2013/06/22 06:10PM
    trixie60

Flop griff, you are spot on with your post. This soap is becoming boring with no interesting story lines. And if one starts out interesting, the writers disappoint us by making them drag out and ending with no substance at all. These writers need to be fired now!

#69   2013/06/23 12:39AM
    Sam01234

Quote flowergerl: What FlopGriff has shown us during his first year on the job........

FlopGriff storylines are stupid and make no sense but drag on forever.

Some stories are started and dropped with no explanation.

FlopGriff dialog is repetitive repetitive repetitive repetitive repetitive repetitive repetitive repetitive.

Writing is plot point based, not character driven.

Characters are dumbed down especially the women.

No respect of YR history.

No understanding of Bill Bell's core characters.

FlopGriff even forgets his own stories or what he wrote the previous week.

FlopGriff sucks.

YES!! You nailed it!
    FIRE JOSH GRIFFITH and JILL FARREN PHELPS!

#70   2013/06/23 05:13AM
    Homesick Cajun

Perfect. All I can say is DITTO.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list