List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Josh Griffith, aka, "FlopGriff" = Terrible Writer!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Josh Griffith, aka, "FlopGriff" = Terrible Writer!

Started by FlopGriff at 2013/06/21 12:02PM
    Latest post: 2013/06/23 10:40PM, Views: 12779, Replies: 77
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #1   2013/06/21 12:02PM
    Josh Griffith, aka,
    FlopGriff

Content removed. Copyright infringement. Do not copy/paste content from other sites. - ADMIN

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/25 03:34PM
    #2   2013/06/21 12:07PM
    Re: Josh Griffith, aka,
    clicquot1

TWOP rides again!

#3   2013/06/21 12:48PM
    typower

Fantastic all except Phyllis and Kyle. I think they could be red hot together.

#4   2013/06/21 12:56PM
    spooner

all your opinion of course right?!

#5   2013/06/21 12:57PM
    spooner

Quote clicquot1: TWOP rides again!

Cliq what is TWOP?

#6   2013/06/21 01:07PM
    clicquot1

Television without Pity!

Click TWOP/Y&R and then click to the very last page(the last arrow actually)and then work backwards and you will "see" what I'm talking about!

#7   2013/06/21 01:29PM
    kindercarter

Quote FlopGriff:
    Bad writing. We've been tricked! This show is quite badly written. There's no subtlety, there's no elegance, there's no irony... it's just an anvilorama.

Bad writing and bad talent can't be saved. And when you get bad acting you're forced to listen to how bad the writing is. It's bad. Not entirely, but there's a lot of late. They've got structure problems, they've got dialogue problems, they've got pacing problems. This show is in rough shape.

Word.

This show is horribly written. It's been 10 months. All I see are FLOPS.

Wheeler Story. FLOP. Waste of talented actor. Mark Pinter could've been a great nemesis for Victor. Instead he was written as a cartoon villain. Planting a bomb to massacre a family? GMAB! I still don't get his motive. No follow-up. No fallout. Nick, Avery, Vicky, Nikki, never learn of Victor's involvement with Stephanie. All the huffing & puffing Nick did to Victor about putting Avery's life at risk amounts to NOTHING. All is forgotten. Victor is worshipped. Wheeler is a plot point for Adam to take a bullet for Victor. Next!

Gus Rogan/Belinda Murder. FLOP. Lawd. A hot mess. Leslie & Tyler Michaelson are really Valerie & Davis Rogan. WTF? Why write 2 identities? Then it was Belinda this, Belinda that. Belinda, Belinda, Belinda which turned to Rose, Rose, Rose. Who is Rose? Gus drops dead. Now it's Neil's Gossip Girl escapades and the secret blogger story. Next!

Newman Inc. FLOP. This regime can't write business stories. Even MAB was better. It started with promise when Jack & Tucker took control and booted Victor. It fell apart when Jack left. The writers forgot NE was publicly traded, the BOD became some phantom off-screen entity that let Adam do whatever. Jack & Tucker's shares were forgotten. Adam, Billy, Sharon, Adam took turns playing CEO. Mason/Sharon bipolar meds, blah, blah. Now NE is allegedly privatized, but again, it's off-screen, no mention of how, or what happened, we're just told Adam found some secret investor, and don't ask any more questions.... Victoria works there for a week & leaves to write children's books. WTF? Nowadays NE is just a place for Adam to drink & whine about Chelsea's baby woes to anyone who will listen. Next!

Kevin/Chloe/Robin Hood/Bag of Money/Adriana. FLOP. Adriana steals drug money. Alex asks everyone, Where's the money? Chloe & the cat suit breaking into Noah's home to steal the bag of money. Chlovin stealing from richer people and having sex. Robin Hood. Chloe steals from Kay and lets Adriana take the fall & leave town in shame. Kevin does more B&E's. Chloe the troll spends much deserved night in jail & screams about it. These loathesome losers are a waste of space. Why are they still on my screen? Be gone. Next!

Chelsea's baby lie. FLOP! This character has been pregnant 3 times in a year. N'uff said. Why is she lying about the paternity of her baby? Because that idiot Chloe told her to? Month after month of those two featherbrains Chelsea & Chloe having the same "baby daddy" conversation over and over and over again, I want to smash things and throttle the writers! Dreadful. Rehash of that insipid Chloe/Cane/Billy/Lily baby crap-fest from 5 years ago. Unoriginal. Tedious. Waste of time. STUPID.

They randomly throw Steve Burton in there, so it gets extra screen time. Week after week of this Chelsea baby story. IT'S PAINFUL and never-ending.

I actually enjoyed Steve Burton when he first joined the show. I liked Dylan pitted against Nick and making a play for Avery. He sparkled with Sharon Case. He was great with Faith. WHY OH WHY did they have to put JFP's #1 pet in the HORRID Chelsea baby story???? It's cannibalizing the entire show.

Billy's gambling. Who cares? FLOP! Victoria going crazy on hormones and writing baby books. OMG. No words. I watch YT videos of Bill Bell's Victoria and want to cry. This is so INSULTING and sexist, I cringe.

Nikki has Multiple Sclerosis. FLOP. Story lasts 5 minutes and got dropped. Pointless.

Sharon's Bipolar Story. FLOP. Plot point for Adam to play hero and his marriage to fall apart. Whackadoo. Crazypants. Sharon is worse than ever, job-less, friend-less, outcast, pariah, trolling bars for meaningless sex with random men. Only highlight was Lorraine Toussaint who played Dr Watkins. Too bad Sharon ignored everything she said. Next!

Jamie/Fen/Summer bullying story. The ONLY story that had value under the new regime. Daniel Polo was a real find, and Jamie was the best new character they introduced. The bullying story was surprisingly GOOD until they completely dropped the ball. The resolution was appalling as Jamie apologized to his tormenters, and was promptly shipped off to DC. What a waste. It was all a plot point for Lauren to cheat with Carmine. I like Marco Dapper but they need to give him more to do than just take off his clothes.

Summer's paternity story. Fans have been waiting for this since 2006. After 7 years, they deserved a pay off. Unfortunately, the ball was dropped. Lousy pacing and poor writing rears its ugly head, sucking all the air out of this storyline. Sorry, I just don't buy that Nick lied for 18 years because he wanted a Cassie replacement. Kyle's sudden interest in Summer screams PLOT POINT. Sharon's non-reaction. WTF? Talk about missing a beat. High point was Nick telling Phyllis, but they lost all momentum by putting this story on the backburner to showcase, you guessed it, CHELSEA'S baby story and the stupid adventures of Chloe & Kevin's miserable lives. WHO CARES? Next!

Summer's paternity should be the A-tier story driving the entire show. Jack, Nick, Summer, Phyllis front and center. Phyllis is leaving in a month, so let her have the screen time to exit with a bang. Maybe they can turn this around, maybe Peter Bergman can salvage it, but there's only so much good actors can do when the writing fails to deliver. BTW, the image of Phyllis sexing up Kyle sickens me. Truly.

Other sh*t...

Sharon inexplicably beds a random dayplayer named Wayne. WTF? Gratuitous. Pointless. Did Sharon need more degradation? Wasn't MAB's 5 years enough? Fcuk you, writers. You promised to fix Sharon. This is not how to do it. She's supposed to be on medication now. If she went off her meds, show us, tell us. Watching her troll bars for more random dick is just depressing.

JT calls Victoria with a big emergency and texts her that Reed is coming to live with her for undisclosed mysterious reasons. Panic ensues. A month later and still no Reed. WTF? I hate when writers start stories and then just forget. It's lazy and confusing. Sloppy.

Victoria writing children's books. Come on. Seriously? Note to writers: Victoria belongs in business. Let her run BON, start her own company, work with Abby, join Chancellor, anything.

Noah Newman. Victor's first grandson. Newman heir. Why is he written like such a loser? He's dirt poor. Can't afford his own apartment or a new couch. Is this guy ever getting a storyline? He pours drinks and bangs random dayplayers off-screen.

Is it my imagination or has this cast QUADRUPLED?

JFP's Regime - Grade: F, Fail, utter fail.

LOVE it!!! FlopGriff! Awesome nickname!

#8   2013/06/21 02:00PM
    countryMomof4

Quote clicquot1: TWOP rides again!

Popular place isn't it!

#9   2013/06/21 02:13PM
    daneerose

Excellent post but she forgot one story line. Flopgriff has made the Lane story line torture. He has this guy stalking Lily like some hungry animal for 6 months. He consistently disrespects Lily(dime piece), her husband, marriage and children. He disrespects her her brother too. Flopgriff writes Lily like she is a small child who doesn't remember she is married. He gives us no insight as to WHY she is doing what she is doing. This mess has been going on for 6 damn months. There is no reason for Lily to even look at this guy. Her husband isn't neglecting her and she supposedly is still in love with him and he with her. Lily literally has no voice. I honestly expect to see her onscreen one day with tape covering her mouth. Every male in her orbit tells you exactly what he is feeling and why he is feeling it but not Lily. I have seen articles from RW and DG telling us all about the story line but from CK not a thing. The way this story line is written screams "ONLY WHAT A MALE FEELS and THINKS IS IMPORTANT and ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW" You don't know how frustrating it is to see a character who hates lying, divorced her first husband because she thought he was cheating do a 180. It is as if Flopgriff doesn't remember who Lily really is. Lily is unrecognizable and Flopgriff is deliberately destroying her. He is also destroying Tyler. This guy is supposed to be the new heartthrob and they throw him in the middle of a popular couple make him relentlessly go after the female with no care about her marriage or family. Then they expect the audience to applaud him and welcome him with open arms. The reason he is taking so long to catch on is because they totally miscalculated what the audience would except when it comes to an egomaniacal interloper in the middle Lane's marriage. I have never seen such carelessness when it comes to the characters on a soap. It is downright shameful and needs to be stopped!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/21 02:15PM
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list