List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Article in SID regarding the Phyllis character

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Article in SID regarding the Phyllis character

Started by weatherholt3 at 2013/06/19 06:41PM
    Latest post: 2013/06/19 08:48PM, Views: 1654, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2013/06/19 06:41PM
    Article in SID regarding the Phyllis character
    weatherholt3

per Angelica McDaniel senior vice president of CBS Daytime. "personally I think Michelle Stafford is Phyllis Newman I never want to say never (about recasting)but its definitely not a conversation that's happening right now. There are plently of ways to write the character off the canvas. compeletely avoiding recasting the role... like Dru Phyllis could be presumed dead,she could simply move out of town a al Tucker or just live her life out in GC off screen. personally b]I[ don't think they'll have her live off screen. One thing for sure you don't know what these writer have in store it may be something no one thought about.

#2   2013/06/19 06:46PM
    Re: Article in SID regarding the Phyllis character
    On a Clear Day

Quote weatherholt3: per Angelica McDaniel senior vice president of CBS Daytime. "personally I think Michelle Stafford is Phyllis Newman I never want to say never (about recasting)but its definitely not a conversation that's happening right now. There are plently of ways to write the character off the canvas. compeletely avoiding recasting the role... like Dru Phyllis could be presumed dead,she could simply move out of town a al Tucker or just live her life out in GC off screen. personally b]I[ don't think they'll have her live off screen. One thing for sure you don't know what these writer have in store it may be something no one thought about.

Thanks. That's interesting. I don't know how long ago she did this interview but I've got to believe with as far ahead as they tape, they must have already figured out Michelle's exit story. I find it hard to believe this CBS lady knows nothing but then again, she wouldn't tell if she did.

#3   2013/06/19 06:57PM
    Kimmd

Quote weatherholt3: per Angelica McDaniel senior vice president of CBS Daytime. "personally I think Michelle Stafford is Phyllis Newman I never want to say never (about recasting)but its definitely not a conversation that's happening right now. There are plently of ways to write the character off the canvas. compeletely avoiding recasting the role... like Dru Phyllis could be presumed dead,she could simply move out of town a al Tucker or just live her life out in GC off screen. personally b]I[ don't think they'll have her live off screen. One thing for sure you don't know what these writer have in store it may be something no one thought about.

In other words, no recast.

#4   2013/06/19 06:57PM
    weatherholt3

Quote On a Clear Day:

Thanks. That's interesting. I don't know how long ago she did this interview but I've got to believe with as far ahead as they tape, they must have already figured out Michelle's exit story. I find it hard to believe this CBS lady knows nothing but then again, she wouldn't tell if she did.

This is in the SID dated 1 July in the coming and going's.

#5   2013/06/19 06:59PM
    weatherholt3

Quote Kimmd:

what I read not right now but maybe later

#6   2013/06/19 07:06PM
    bukopandan

Quote weatherholt3:
    Quote Kimmd:

Yes, it totally makes sense not to be planning a recast right now. I see no reason to give Phyl a sports jersey # retirement or to give it the same treatment that would be given to the deceased. In due time things very well may change. i can absolutely see someone like Gina Tognoni doing the role justice. In due time though.

#7   2013/06/19 07:14PM
    Kimmd

Quote bukopandan:
    Quote weatherholt3:
    Quote Kimmd:

Yes, it totally makes sense not to be planning a recast right now. I see no reason to give Phyl a sports jersey # retirement or to give it the same treatment that would be given to the deceased. In due time things very well may change. i can absolutely see someone like Gina Tognoni doing the role justice. In due time though.

That lady should be in politics. I don't think JFP will bother recasting Phyllis. I think she will use that money to hire more newbies.

#8   2013/06/19 07:14PM
    Kimmd

Quote bukopandan:
    Quote weatherholt3:
    Quote Kimmd:

That lady should be in politics. I don't think JFP will bother recasting Phyllis. I think she will use that money to hire more newbies.

#9   2013/06/19 08:37PM
    Lizzytish

Well, if they're going to kill Phyllis off, I'd say they'd better get on with saying goodbye to Katherine. Having two major characters killed off so close together would be a bit much ---- unless --- they were to die together, say in a car or plane accident? Then of course, they could always bring Phyllis back later on if Michelle returns or recast the role.

I don't think anyone is irreplacable -- I remember Sandra Nelson, who replaced Phyllis several years ago, did a great job.

I'm curious to see Michelle in GH if the rumor us true === Phyllis is so fast-talking and hyper, I'm eager to see if that's Phyllis or Michelle.

#10   2013/06/19 08:48PM
    lbugcoco

She'll probably play any character with the same gusto, I've seen her in LT movies and she still acts/sounds/talks the same. Even though I was never a diehard Phyllis fan, The character is so intricate to the soap that I think they should recast! Maybe I could handle watching someone else play the part. no offense to MS or her fans. MS was truly an incredible actress in the part of Phyllis.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list