List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Michelle Stafford HATES being called "Red"!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Michelle Stafford HATES being called "Red"!

Started by lavender13 at 2013/06/17 03:23PM
    Latest post: 2013/06/19 05:43PM, Views: 3568, Replies: 42
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #21   2013/06/18 08:04AM
    Re: Michelle Stafford HATES being called
    BiancaReeseR...

[quote]Quote ajsp35801: [quote]Quote BiancaReeseRules: [quote]Quote ajsp35801: I could be reading too much into this and I probably am...But MS not liking to be called "Red" just solidifies my opinion that she doesn't want to be paired with Jack. And someone correct me if I am wrong about the context but why would she just say that. Did someone call her that on twitter and she told them she didn't like it to distinguish herself from the character she plays. Or is it just that she doesn't like the nickname...does PB know this? Did he start calling her that on his own or was it in the script for him to do that?[/quote]
    MR William Bell wrote into the script[/quote]

Are you sure about that? Dis she say that?[/quote
    Yes she did even peter Bergman said it was writers came up with it her the video of them saying it m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=related&v=qJ4oJIopt40

#22   2013/06/18 09:13AM
    elizadolittle

Quote ajsp35801: I could be reading too much into this and I probably am...But MS not liking to be called "Red" just solidifies my opinion that she doesn't want to be paired with Jack. And someone correct me if I am wrong about the context but why would she just say that. Did someone call her that on twitter and she told them she didn't like it to distinguish herself from the character she plays. Or is it just that she doesn't like the nickname...does PB know this? Did he start calling her that on his own or was it in the script for him to do that?

I have the same questions as you but, these type of questions quickly turn into "actor bashing" threads. I love when Jack calls Phyllis red but, I don't blame MS for not liking it. I'm sure we all have nicknames people call us that we don't care for. I'm pretty bad with getting stuck on a name for someone and like it or not that is their name to me.

#23   2013/06/18 10:24AM
    missjayz

Quote ajsp35801: I could be reading too much into this and I probably am...But MS not liking to be called "Red" just solidifies my opinion that she doesn't want to be paired with Jack. And someone correct me if I am wrong about the context but why would she just say that. Did someone call her that on twitter and she told them she didn't like it to distinguish herself from the character she plays. Or is it just that she doesn't like the nickname...does PB know this? Did he start calling her that on his own or was it in the script for him to do that?

MS dislikes Phack pairing. She said so already:

soaps.sheknows.com/youngandrestless/board/378729/page/1/

chloebellexo What is Jack going do without Phyllis? :-(

therealstafford I don't care...:))) @chloebellexo

chloebellexo Lol guess he'll go back to his pills @therealstafford

MS loved Phick & Phonan but hated Phack. Jack is too old for her.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/18 10:28AM
    #24   2013/06/18 10:32AM
    elizadolittle

Quote missjayz:

MS dislikes Phack pairing. She said so already:

soaps.sheknows.com/youngandrestless/board/378729/page/1/

chloebellexo What is Jack going do without Phyllis? :-(

therealstafford I don't care...:))) @chloebellexo

chloebellexo Lol guess he'll go back to his pills @therealstafford

MS loved Phick & Phonan but hated Phack. Jack is too old for her.

This is what I meant when I said this speculation can easily turn to actor bashing. I'm very curious myself but, I've seen other threads regarding MS/PB get closed down. I've also seen interviews where MS has praised Phack and PB. MS and PB are no further apart in age than MS and JB.

#25   2013/06/18 10:43AM
    bukopandan

I didn't really mind people calling me "Blondie" when I was younger and my hair was naturally blond--it was a so-predictable nickname and kind of cheesy, but I could deal with it then, but today it's just weird when people still do this. Why place such attention on any older woman's dye job, is how I see it. But this said, when Jack uses the name Red there is such love in it--he's the only guy who can get away with sentimentality that way.

#26   2013/06/18 10:52AM
    Lizzytish

I'm thinking she probably hates being called RED outside of the show? Because I wouldn't be surprised if Peter Bergman (Jack) didn't give her that name. He is known for ad libbing names such as: the dark knight; the mustache, etc. and other hysterical names Jack has for Victor.

I wonder if that's why she drastically changed the color of her hair a while back; although now it seems to be getting redder again.

#27   2013/06/18 12:15PM
    vikis3

Well, look at it this way, she won't have to listen to it much longer.

#28   2013/06/18 12:29PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote Licorice_423: I understand where she is coming from on this. There is a nickname associated with my given name that I HATE. Someone once asked me if they could call me that name, and I said no. There is nothing wrong with MS hating the nickname. Phyllis may like it, but MS does not.

Thank you and it's very disrespectful to continue to do so if someone states they don't like it........much less make fun of them for it.

You wonder why kids tease other people.....they learn from adults.....smh

Same goes with bullying too....smh

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/06/18 12:30PM
    #29   2013/06/18 12:34PM
    missjayz

Michelle colored her hair so it's not red anymore.

She's almost blonde now.

#30   2013/06/18 01:12PM
    BiancaReeseR...

MS was not a naturally Red she died her hair color red

MICHELLE STAFFORD, a natural brunette, that her real hair color

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list