List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Michelle Stafford HATES being called "Red"!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Michelle Stafford HATES being called "Red"!

Started by lavender13 at 2013/06/17 03:23PM
    Latest post: 2013/06/19 05:43PM, Views: 3727, Replies: 42
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #11   2013/06/18 07:06AM
    Re: Michelle Stafford HATES being called
    Licorice_423

Quote LilMonkey84:
    Quote Licorice_423: I understand where she is coming from on this. There is a nickname associated with my given name that I HATE. Someone once asked me if they could call me that name, and I said no. There is nothing wrong with MS hating the nickname. Phyllis may like it, but MS does not.

Yep, I totally agree! There is a nickname associated with my name that I don't like as well. Only my closest friends and family are allowed to call me it and they don't even do it that often. The character of Phyllis is called "Red" that doesn't mean the actress has to like being called that in her personal life.

*good to see you by the way! Hope all is well *

Thanks! Same to you I just started watching the show again, but I think missed posting more than the actual show.

#12   2013/06/18 07:10AM
    BiancaReeseR...

She hate being called red because that name for Phyllis not Michelle and their nothing wrong with that she does not have to like it if she doen,t want to she told her fans that her name is Michelle not red or Phyllis

#13   2013/06/18 07:14AM
    babydylon

She could change the color of her hair.

#14   2013/06/18 07:34AM
    ajsp35801

I could be reading too much into this and I probably am...But MS not liking to be called "Red" just solidifies my opinion that she doesn't want to be paired with Jack. And someone correct me if I am wrong about the context but why would she just say that. Did someone call her that on twitter and she told them she didn't like it to distinguish herself from the character she plays. Or is it just that she doesn't like the nickname...does PB know this? Did he start calling her that on his own or was it in the script for him to do that?

#15   2013/06/18 07:36AM
    Flare

Quote Cabo: Okay. Red.......

LMAO!

#16   2013/06/18 07:40AM
    BiancaReeseR...

Quote ajsp35801: I could be reading too much into this and I probably am...But MS not liking to be called "Red" just solidifies my opinion that she doesn't want to be paired with Jack. And someone correct me if I am wrong about the context but why would she just say that. Did someone call her that on twitter and she told them she didn't like it to distinguish herself from the character she plays. Or is it just that she doesn't like the nickname...does PB know this? Did he start calling her that on his own or was it in the script for him to do that?

MR William Bell wrote into the script

#17   2013/06/18 07:43AM
    Licorice_423

Quote ajsp35801: I could be reading too much into this and I probably am...But MS not liking to be called "Red" just solidifies my opinion that she doesn't want to be paired with Jack. And someone correct me if I am wrong about the context but why would she just say that. Did someone call her that on twitter and she told them she didn't like it to distinguish herself from the character she plays. Or is it just that she doesn't like the nickname...does PB know this? Did he start calling her that on his own or was it in the script for him to do that?

Maybe MS wants people to realize she is not Phyllis. She has a life outside of being Phyllis. "Red" is a nickname associated with Phyllis. Characters can have all of these nicknames, but the actors and actresses don't need to be called them in real life. I can imagine CONSTANTLY being interchanged with the character she plays must get tiresome.

#18   2013/06/18 07:49AM
    ajsp35801

Quote BiancaReeseRules:

MR William Bell wrote into the script

Are you sure about that? Dis she say that?

#19   2013/06/18 07:50AM
    ajsp35801

Quote Licorice_423:

Maybe MS wants people to realize she is not Phyllis. She has a life outside of being Phyllis. "Red" is a nickname associated with Phyllis. Characters can have all of these nicknames, but the actors and actresses don't need to be called them in real life. I can imagine CONSTANTLY being interchanged with the character she plays must get tiresome.

Agreed. If I were her I wouldn't allow fans to call me that either. Too much mud can get in the water.

#20   2013/06/18 07:50AM
    BiancaReeseR...

Quote Licorice_423:

Yeah that is right MS is tired of people calling her by her character name and she was told them that her name is not Phyllis it is Michelle Phyllis back at studio

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list