List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: What Happens If Chelsea's Baby is Born Blind!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What Happens If Chelsea's Baby is Born Blind!

Started by Jonathan1993 at 2013/06/10 09:52AM
    Latest post: 2013/06/15 01:18PM, Views: 2342, Replies: 20
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/06/10 02:53PM
    Re: What Happens If Chelsea's Baby is Born Blind!
    gardengal

I seriously doubt they could find a baby actor to play blind. So I doubt it will happen until the child can be sorased.

#12   2013/06/10 02:56PM
    pink sassylady

Any child can be born blind.with no history in the family.I hope they don't go there with this child.maybe with the fall out of Nick and summer .either Chelsea will rethink what she has done and come clean. Adam could see the fall out and wee how hurt summer is and either tell Chelsea he wants a DNA test or he tells Chelsea that he is ok with Dylan being the father .whatever she wants he will be ok with it.

#13   2013/06/10 03:12PM
    Laloni

Quote Jonathan1993: There is a chance that Chelsea's baby could be born blind. Hope's condition, I believe, was genetic. I'd like to see Chelsea talk her way out of that!

Did this subject come up when Chelsea was pregnant the first time with Adam's baby? I don't remember that it did but I could have missed that show, I did not know that Hope's condition was genetic, one would think Adam would be concerned (forget the Con Artist, she's in her own world)I truly hate they made such a liar out of Chelsea, I can understand why she did not tell Adam in the beginning but this longggggg S/L is absolutely stupid, stupid

#14   2013/06/10 05:05PM
    Chicken Nerd

Both Hope and Adam sufferred from...
    Retinitis pigmentosa (RP) is an inherited, degenerative eye disease that causes severe vision impairment and often blindness.[1] The progress of RP is not consistent. Some people will exhibit symptoms from infancy, others may not notice symptoms until later in life.

So I believe that even if the baby was born with this condition, it would be only very early symptoms...Adam was in his 20's before he was affected...

So please stop worrying...the baby will be fine and the true paternity WONT be discovered that way for many many years.

Adam will just have to ask Phylliss to play SupaDetectiuve for him.

#15   2013/06/10 05:26PM
    Charlie h

Please I hope the writers would not go that way. I was thinking maybe the baby would need blood transfusions, and then Adam would end up having the exact blood match after Chelsea would finally reveal the whole truth.

#16   2013/06/10 05:40PM
    Jonathan1993

I hope they do this s/l they need to give us something to keep us on our toes. Huge ratings

#17   2013/06/10 05:45PM
    eternallyShick

Quote Jonathan1993: There is a chance that Chelsea's baby could be born blind. Hope's condition, I believe, was genetic. I'd like to see Chelsea talk her way out of that!

Yes, the condition, Retinitis Pigementosa, is genetic. Adam inherited it from Hope, and there's a good chance his child would carry the gene too.

However Adam went out of town for a "miracle cure" so apparently he knows doctors who can perform an unheard of operation to make it go away. Not realistic, but hey, it's a soap!

#18   2013/06/11 02:47PM
    Chuckyducky

Retinitis Pigmentosa...inherited blindness!

A baby born with inherited blindness is something I haven't seen on any soap. Apart of me wants to see how they'd explore her reaction once she learns that she's given birth to a blind baby.

I want to know how she'd deal with it and where they'd go to find (and hire) a baby to play a child with inherited blindness.

I sort of want to see it happen. All Chelsea has to do is make her baby feel like the world is full of possibilities. She has to make her child feel like there's magic around every corner and that the sound of music and laughter and talking is just the thing to make it all happen. Just make the world full of wonder and her child will never want of anything. After all, a child doesn't have to see to know happiness!

#19   2013/06/15 12:35PM
    lovin3

This story line is awesome!! Maybe they could wait till the baby grows up a little so Dillion is totally in love with the kid and then BOOM he goes blind. How did this happen? Oh no, it`s genetic! Can you explain Chelsea?

#20   2013/06/15 12:55PM
    On a Clear Day

Forget if the kid is born blind or not to give away the lie. How's the con going to explain the world's largest premie?

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list