List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why can't Noah NEWMAN afford his own apartment?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why can't Noah NEWMAN afford his own apartment?

Started by BabyVelvet at 2013/06/06 08:17PM
    Latest post: 2013/06/10 11:04AM, Views: 2224, Replies: 26
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/06/06 09:28PM
    Re: Why can't Noah NEWMAN afford his own apartment?
    sudbubble

Quote BabyVelvet: Noah's from the richest family in town! You mean the Newmans can't float the guy a loan to get his own place, he has to share an apartment with that big sulky baby-man, Tyler?
    I don't get it.

Yeah and why can't the sulky baby-man, who was touted as some kind of sought after phenom in the design world, afford his own place?

#12   2013/06/06 10:26PM
    BabyVelvet

Quote sudbubble:
    Quote BabyVelvet: Noah's from the richest family in town! You mean the Newmans can't float the guy a loan to get his own place, he has to share an apartment with that big sulky baby-man, Tyler?
    I don't get it.

Yeah and why can't the sulky baby-man, who was touted as some kind of sought after phenom in the design world, afford his own place?

He's always so mopey, I guess he doesn't get paid much.

#13   2013/06/06 10:28PM
    JRTA

Noah doesn't have money, his father and grandfather do. Noah's only job/income is bartending for his father. Noah's trust fund isn't available to him. It's changed at different times, but the ages 25 and 30 both have been used at different points I believe. Noah is only 23.

I am glad to see that they aren't making him a trust fund baby. He's trying to make it in the world without using the Newman name.

#14   2013/06/06 10:35PM
    cards1

Quote Squish:
    Quote Fancygirl3: Noah is not old enough to draw on his trust.

How old does he have to be?

He said he has to be 25 to access his trust fund.

But what I don't under stand is why isn't he in college or something? They are saying Summer is going to college.

And when he has brought up to Sharon & Nick about "he hasn't figured out what he wants to do with his life" I never understand why they don't suggest it. REALLY he could afford to go to the best college money can buy, yet they are content with him working at OTB as a bartender? Nothing against bartender's but I'm surprised TGVN his Gpa isn't grooming him for NE.

#15   2013/06/06 10:48PM
    Squish

Quote cards1:
    Quote Squish:

But what I don't under stand is why isn't he in college or something? They are saying Summer is going to college.

And when he has brought up to Sharon & Nick about "he hasn't figured out what he wants to do with his life" I never understand why they don't suggest it. REALLY he could afford to go to the best college money can buy, yet they are content with him working at OTB as a bartender? Nothing against bartender's but I'm surprised TGVN his Gpa isn't grooming him for NE.

Hum....maybe it's his lack of attendance at an institute of higher learning behind his ability to afford his own place. He has seemed very unfocused in his life so far.

#16   2013/06/06 11:06PM
    scotchsnap

Quote JRTA:

Noah doesn't have money, his father and grandfather do. Noah's only job/income is bartending for his father. Noah's trust fund isn't available to him. It's changed at different times, but the ages 25 and 30 both have been used at different points I believe. Noah is only 23.

Exactly.

Noah himself has no money except for what he earns. Nick has 500 million dollars. And Victor has money. But Noah has nothing until his Father or Grandfather give him some of THEIR money in the form of a Trust Fund.

Noah won't receive this Trust Fund until he is 25 or 30, so until then, he is on his own, and must make his own way in the world.

Remember Nick, Victoria and Abby didn't get their 1.5 Billion dollars until 2010. Now they're independently wealthy, but before that, they all worked too. Victoria started working at NE as a teenager. Nick opened Crimson Lights. Abby worked at Jabot.

Noah has no interest in business. He seems content to be a bartender, so that is what he'll do until Nick & Victor die and he inherits their money.

#17   2013/06/06 11:12PM
    scotchsnap

Quote cards1:
    Quote Squish:

Noah used to have a passion for music. But that disappeared. He said he's trying to figure things out, and Nick and Sharon are very patient with him. They trust Noah to find his own way.

Victor has no interest in any of his grandchildren. He never sees or spends time with Noah, Summer, Reed or Faith. They mean nothing to Victor, and never have.

#18   2013/06/07 01:30AM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Nick could help out Noah if Noah wanted the help.. I get the feeling that Noah is trying out his own wings.. wanting to be independent and make it on his own.. much like his GrandPa Victor.
    I like Noah, because he does not have his hand out.. .unlike his very spoiled half sister, Summer..

#19   2013/06/07 02:13AM
    elizadolittle

I don't get it.

I am enjoying Noah and Tylers friendship but, it is absolutely ridiculous that they "can't afford" their own place. It really bothered me when Tyler was talking about how Summer would soon make a lot of money and be able to afford a nicer place. That is absolutely ridiculous for a supposed hot shot marketing guru to be saying. You'd think someone doing what Tyler is would be compensated handsomely so it's just silly for him to say that about Summer.

#20   2013/06/07 02:32AM
    Pravda

Depending on the terms of the will, the age he can draw varies. I guess compared to how Nick is living, Noah is just a simple guy like his dad.

I do think the writers are carrying this SL a bit far. Even Kevin's apt. Was much nicer. Looks like Noah and Daniel have more in common on the apt. front.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list