List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: You're the writer of Y & R, what would you do

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

You're the writer of Y & R, what would you do

Started by Axl Rose at 2013/06/06 06:37AM
    Latest post: 2013/06/10 02:51PM, Views: 546, Replies: 10
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/06/06 06:37AM
    You're the writer of Y & R, what would you do
    Axl Rose

If you could be head writer of Y & R, what would you do honestly, like how would you go about making the show better or which characters would you bring back to Genoa City or would you bring in any new characters who actually have ties to Genoa City like for example would you have someone be a long-lost child of someone or what type of storylines would you do

#2   2013/06/06 06:57AM
    Re: You're the writer of Y & R, what would you do
    sunmama

Send Dylan on a trip far, far away never to return.

#3   2013/06/06 06:57AM
    sunmama

Send Dylan on a trip far, far away never to return.

#4   2013/06/06 07:09AM
    crakka

I would fire all the other writers and Phelps too.

#5   2013/06/06 07:14AM
    sunmama

Quote crakka: I would fire all the other writers and Phelps too.

AMEN

#6   2013/06/06 07:17AM
    Backspacer

I would bring the mystery and dark side back to the show- which put fans on the edge of their seat- until the next show. Not kill or hurt the children, and get some believable storylines.

#7   2013/06/06 07:22AM
    Palski

I would stop trying to fit Adam into "friendships". I would have Victor trace Adam's money and find out Adam has the blood money Victor paid Skye. I would put Billy and Victoria into something exciting. {no kids] Something from her past. I would have Adam and Dylan turn on Chelsea when they learn the truth. I would have Sharon turn on Adam, because Adam has treated her like dirt. I would make Carmine a major stalker. Make Chelsae leave town. I would not allow Avery to be everyone's social worker! miss goody-two shoes in her mind.

Some things. Not well thought out, but I could go on forever!

#8   2013/06/06 07:28AM
    dafyduc

first thing would be get rid of the chelsea show. I would either kill her or send her far far away.
    Then I would re-ignite the fire of Shadam. What a waste that they are not together. I would have dylan and avery find their way back to each other. And I know I am going to be dodging stones, but I would have Nick and Phyliss back together(but only with him treating her with respect and love)
    I would bring back Angelina for Kevin and get him away from the shrew he is married to(actually I would love to have Jana back)

#9   2013/06/10 01:16PM
    jacksmyguy

I would start by giving good S/L to the core characters who made Y&R the best soap to begin with. Give good material to people like Peter Bergman and Doug Davidson (enough said with either of these two) Jess Walton, Melody Thomas-Scott, Eric Braeden, Lauralee Bell, etc. to work with - that's all that's needed for a strong starting point. Bring back Jack's family and Jabot and keep them in the story (Eileen Davidson if at all possible but a recast for Ashley if not. Same thing with Michelle Stafford if possible or recast a Phyllis look-a-like to continue the character. Bring back the old Adam to create havoc. Have Chelsea revert back to her nasty self as well and fight to get her baby back from Victoria and Billy as payback for Victoria's meddling. Having just lost the great Jeanne Cooper we need to keep as much of the core characters intact as possible to keep the show from becoming an ABC clone. That means putting the core characters back to the forefront of the story and seeing less of the newer characters currently dominating the show.

#10   2013/06/10 01:58PM
    trixie60

I would make the show more interesting. Not saying that MAB was a good writer but there was more action and the characters did a lot more than just sit and cry about their situations. But these new writers need to have more than just conversations between the characters. I'm hoping that the paternity story line will make it better. I would have more "who done it story lines," which makes a murder more interesting. These new writers seem to drag story lines it seems longer than other writers too. It wouldn't happen that way if I were writing for the show. After a while, you don't seem to care what will happen, no matter how good the story line is.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list