List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Tyler - Non Bash Thread

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Tyler - Non Bash Thread

Started by Chicken Alfredo at 2013/06/05 07:03PM
    Latest post: 2014/09/22 12:16AM, Views: 36540, Replies: 749
    « 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 » »| page:
    #701   2013/09/21 07:52PM
    Re: Tyler - Non Bash Thread
    mz_godiva

Quote AdrianeG:
    Quote Chicken Alfredo: Tyler spoilers for next week:

Tyler and Abby’s relationship heats up

Abby wonders if it’s time to take the next step with Tyler

Tyler’s ambiguous reaction to Abby’s declaration of love leaves her hanging

Thanks for the spoilers. Its about time we see Tyler on the screen again.
    So I guess the next step would be becoming officially a couple?
    No reason Tyler needs to rush and say "I love you" just because Abby does.

I am under the impression he really cares for her. Maybe he is just afraid of getting hurt. Abby is a very rich woman who basically does not "need" him. Do you think that worries him or maybe he still has feelings for Lily.
    What do you guys think?

I think there's no build up for Tabby. I'm shocked Abby says "I love you" already. How can that be when we never see Tabby? Abby's fling with Carmine got more airtime than Tabby.

I'm not feeling it.

#702   2013/09/21 07:55PM
    mz_godiva

Does anyone find it weird that they had 8 months of build up for Tily and suddenly dropped it like a hot potato?

What was the point?

It pisses me off, tbh.

I also find it weird Tabby is talking "I love you's" and writers hinting at marriage after 1 or 2 dates.

Sorry to vent.

#703   2013/09/22 10:29AM
    AdrianeG

Quote mz_godiva: Does anyone find it weird that they had 8 months of build up for Tily and suddenly dropped it like a hot potato?

What was the point?

It pisses me off, tbh.

I also find it weird Tabby is talking "I love you's" and writers hinting at marriage after 1 or 2 dates.

Sorry to vent.

Venting is no problem.
    I think Tyler's pursuit of a married woman was dropped because being a homewrecker is character assassination especially for a newbie. The writers decided they wanted to make the character of Tyler rootable to a larger fanbase.

Also even if he was successful in breaking up Lane and winning Lily, he would be limited to expanding his acquaintances onscreen. He would have practically no reason to interact with most of the lead actors of the show.
    But tying Tyler to a Newman/Abbott opens up a lot more reason for interaction with core families.
    I certainly agree we barely see Tabby onscreen together and its much too early for "I love you" but as Abby's husband Tyler should get a LOT more screentime, good or bad.
    And it will give RW a chance to show off his talent.

On the other hand maybe Devon will stay in town and open a business with his newfound wealth and Tyler will work with him. And eventually when Lane do breakup, Tyler and Lily will get together.

I like Tabby but I could get behind Tilly, if she was already apart from Cane when they paired up. With RW signing a multi year contract I do see them eventually finding their way back to each other.

#704   2013/09/23 04:05PM
    StarW

It's funny because I like all the Newmans and Abbotts but I could care less about Abby and her storylines. And I don't think many people do too. Yes it's great that Tyler is in a good place right now but Tabby bores me beyond words. They have nothing. And there you have Abby already telling Tyler 'I love you'? Puh-lease. After knowing him for like 5 minutes. No matter how much Y&R is pushing them, I am NOT feeling it. Sorry Not Sorry.

#705   2013/09/23 06:00PM
    Chicken Alfredo

Hello, Tyler shippers Hope you all have a great day!

#706   2013/09/24 11:08AM
    AdrianeG

Well watching the scenes with Tyler and Abby I think they are getting closer however Abby's response of "I love you" to Tyler's offer of carrying her up the stairs to bed, had more of a "you are so sweet" feel to it that anything else.

While I do think she can very well love Tyler, like you would a close friend, I don't get a "I am in love with you" feel to the relationship yet. I don't think Tyler knew which way to take it though. Maybe he never even considered that a realtionship between him and Abby could lead to marriage.

But if anything I am glad he is not rushing into anything. But if it comes down to him getting scared to be hurt again and he and Abby spend less time together, I think then he will realize just how much he has grown to care about her.

#707   2013/09/24 12:54PM
    ajsp35801

Quote mz_godiva:
    Quote ajsp35801:
    They look great together. But somehow I don't see that happening...my prediction for the lovely Tyler is that when Lily and Cane split, because it is coming, Tyler will be her comforter while still staying true to Abby. Then Abby will see something in them that is not in her relationship and because she cares for them both just so much she will bow out.

Lily & Cane aren't breaking up. DG & CK did a twitter chat last week & have another fan event coming up. Lane is rock solid.

Lily and Cane is not rock solid. They have trust issues. Fan events and twitter chats amount to nothing to me. They may not break up. More than likely they won't. All their drama could be angst.

#708   2013/09/24 01:06PM
    ajsp35801

Quote AdrianeG:
    Quote mz_godiva: Does anyone find it weird that they had 8 months of build up for Tily and suddenly dropped it like a hot potato?

What was the point?

It pisses me off, tbh.

Sorry to vent.

Venting is no problem.
    I think Tyler's pursuit of a married woman was dropped because being a homewrecker is character assassination especially for a newbie. The writers decided they wanted to make the character of Tyler rootable to a larger fanbase.

Also even if he was successful in breaking up Lane and winning Lily, he would be limited to expanding his acquaintances onscreen. He would have practically no reason to interact with most of the lead actors of the show.
    But tying Tyler to a Newman/Abbott opens up a lot more reason for interaction with core families.
    I certainly agree we barely see Tabby onscreen together and its much too early for "I love you" but as Abby's husband Tyler should get a LOT more screentime, good or bad.
    And it will give RW a chance to show off his talent.

On the other hand maybe Devon will stay in town and open a business with his newfound wealth and Tyler will work with him. And eventually when Lane do breakup, Tyler and Lily will get together.

I like Tabby but I could get behind Tilly, if she was already apart from Cane when they paired up. With RW signing a multi year contract I do see them eventually finding their way back to each other.

I don't know about Abby being better for Tyler/RWs airtime. When he was Lily's love interest/friend he was featured far more. He was in the highest totals of episodes a lot of the 8 months they interacted. With Abby, he has barely been on. I think that is partly because the writers don't know what to do with them. They could take it the way they normally with a Newman daughter's love interest and have Victor interfere and try to break them up. But they have no ground to base this on with Tyler...and I don't think that they want to have the reason be shaky because then people will automatically assume Racism.

Regardless of who Tyler is paired with, he is best friends with a Newman. So he will get lots of airtime as Noah's talk to if Noah ever gets a story. LOL. That is one relationship (Tyler and Noah) that the writers are very invested in.

The lack of airtime that Tabby had gotten makes me thing that the writers are not invested. That could change. FOr RWs benefit, I hope it does. I don't see Lane being broken up for very long if ever. And I don't want Tyler wasted as just angst for them.

#709   2013/09/24 01:07PM
    elizadolittle

Quote AdrianeG: Well watching the scenes with Tyler and Abby I think they are getting closer however Abby's response of "I love you" to Tyler's offer of carrying her up the stairs to bed, had more of a "you are so sweet" feel to it that anything else.

While I do think she can very well love Tyler, like you would a close friend, I don't get a "I am in love with you" feel to the relationship yet. I don't think Tyler knew which way to take it though. Maybe he never even considered that a realtionship between him and Abby could lead to marriage.

But if anything I am glad he is not rushing into anything. But if it comes down to him getting scared to be hurt again and he and Abby spend less time together, I think then he will realize just how much he has grown to care about her.

I agree it had more of a You're so great feel to it. I love Tyler and Abby together. His interaction with Abby and Noah has really made him grow on me. Go Tabby

#710   2013/09/24 01:09PM
    ajsp35801

Quote StarW: It's funny because I like all the Newmans and Abbotts but I could care less about Abby and her storylines. And I don't think many people do too. Yes it's great that Tyler is in a good place right now but Tabby bores me beyond words. They have nothing. And there you have Abby already telling Tyler 'I love you'? Puh-lease. After knowing him for like 5 minutes. No matter how much Y&R is pushing them, I am NOT feeling it. Sorry Not Sorry.

They should have casted a shorter actress and put Abby with Devon (like it seemed that they were going to do before MR's maternity leave)...then used their wedding next year sometime to usher back in Tucker, Ashley, and Yolanda with Tucker' baby. Fireworks! Abby, being an Abbot and a Newman is really hard to pair up. They could always bring back Chance or bring in Lauren's son Scotty for her. Other than that, she is related to everyone else that I think that is suitable.

« 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list