List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Is there really a new Phyllis?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is there really a new Phyllis?

Started by Yandy at 2013/06/04 11:20AM
    Latest post: 2013/06/05 05:18PM, Views: 8306, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/06/04 06:08PM
    Re: Is there really a new Phyllis?
    doubletracks

Just hoping Phyllis just takes Daniel up on his offer to go help with his baby. Then she can come back later.

#22   2013/06/04 06:10PM
    BabyVelvet

Quote laurie6:
    Quote Coastal1:
    Quote Yandy: The role of Phyllis Summers is going to played by Gina Tognoni -

True or Not?

I thought Gina Tognoni did a great job on GL and I like her. But even she can't play Phyllis.

Since Michelle Stafford is choosing to leave, they should end the character's run. They should let Phyllis run off into the sunset to run some monolithic conglomerate that dwarfs Newman Enterprises. Make her a gazillionaire who learns her lessons and has the last laugh in terms of pain and heartache from that whining little sister and a family that abandoned her including the Abbots.

Some characters just shouldn't be replaced after a high-impact, long-term (16 yr) run. Michelle Stafford as Phyllis is one of those roles. DON'T RE-CAST IT.

ITA, No one else can be Phyliss but MS to me. They can recast all they want it will never be the same.IMO

That's how it is with all re-casts. I'm hopeful that the Nu-Phyllis, if there is one, will knock it outta the park!

#23   2013/06/04 06:13PM
    BabyVelvet

Quote doubletracks: Just hoping Phyllis just takes Daniel up on his offer to go help with his baby. Then she can come back later.

We'll have to see how it'll all turn out, but she came back once, so maybe she'll come back again.
    If they kill off her character, she can come back as Ghost Phyllis one day and haunt everyone.

#24   2013/06/04 06:16PM
    bukopandan

Some actors are so suited to a part that they can step in and be believable and accepted. Gina T is that kind of actor. I can already picture her as Phyllis. And as much as I love Sharon Newman as she is now, if the actor left and was replaced, I think there are some people out there who could step in--Laura Wright (especially in thinking of her as Cassie Winslow on GL) could do it.

#25   2013/06/04 06:58PM
    PhillieGirl

Quote JRTA: Ohhhh now this is a recast I definitely could get behind!!! Gina Tognoni would make a great Phyllis.

I read this actress' bio and she would be great and I would love to see her and Jack tackle the wild child--Summer. Good by Stafford hello Tognoni!!!!

#26   2013/06/04 08:00PM
    laurie6

Quote BabyVelvet:
    Quote laurie6:
    Quote Coastal1:
    Quote Yandy: The role of Phyllis Summers is going to played by Gina Tognoni -

True or Not?

I thought Gina Tognoni did a great job on GL and I like her. But even she can't play Phyllis.

Since Michelle Stafford is choosing to leave, they should end the character's run. They should let Phyllis run off into the sunset to run some monolithic conglomerate that dwarfs Newman Enterprises. Make her a gazillionaire who learns her lessons and has the last laugh in terms of pain and heartache from that whining little sister and a family that abandoned her including the Abbots.

Some characters just shouldn't be replaced after a high-impact, long-term (16 yr) run. Michelle Stafford as Phyllis is one of those roles. DON'T RE-CAST IT.

ITA, No one else can be Phyliss but MS to me. They can recast all they want it will never be the same.IMO

That's how it is with all re-casts. I'm hopeful that the Nu-Phyllis, if there is one, will knock it outta the park!

Not for me, Some of the recasts are ok with me, But some of them I will never be ok with like Phyliss or Sharon anyone else will not do. Nothing against other actresses.

#27   2013/06/04 08:08PM
    BabyVelvet

I like to keep an open mind. I'm a Sharon fan, but if they had to re-cast her, I'd see how it went before I'd condemn it.
    But, that's just me.

#28   2013/06/04 10:34PM
    elizadolittle

I love MS but I'm open to a recast. There have been a few recasts on the show I've liked Davetta Sherwood as Lily,PB as Jack, Brenda Epperson as Ashley, Sandra Nelson as Phyllis,Billy Miller as Billy, and Amelia Heinle as Victoria.

#29   2013/06/05 08:04AM
    roseofsharon...

I think Michelle Stafford is a great actress and maybe she has the opportunity to spread her wings, like Meg Ryan did years ago. Gina Tognoni is a great actess as well. Phyllis's characther still has a lot of story to be told. No one acts just like the other one, so it will take a little bit to get used to. But, hey we still have our soap on the air. I am greatful for that.

#30   2013/06/05 08:14AM
    habbyfan

First let me say Thank You MS for 16 years.

Yes we should have a new Phyllis she is a good character and there are other actors who can play the role.JMO

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list