List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Is there really a new Phyllis?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is there really a new Phyllis?

Started by Yandy at 2013/06/04 11:20AM
    Latest post: 2013/06/05 05:18PM, Views: 8181, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/06/04 12:41PM
    Re: Is there really a new Phyllis?
    sudbubble

Quote valleycliffe: i looked her up and IMO, she's too young.

i still think robin christopher would be the perfect fit as she is even the same age as ms.

plus she has beautiful red hair.

i think she would look smashing with jack too.

Oh I think you are so right on the money!

#12   2013/06/04 03:23PM
    babydylon

Jack would be great with any woman so bring on a new Phyllis.

#13   2013/06/04 03:49PM
    Dinojen

She also played Kelly Kramer on One Life to Live for about six years, she left in 2001. She was great on that show.

#14   2013/06/04 04:07PM
    Joy T

She will be 40 in November so there is not that much age difference between she and Michelle. I actually think she looks older than Michelle so she would be a perfect fit. I loved her on GL as Dinah. She was very bad girl turned good girl so she will make Phyllis her own. As far as hair color, she has gone "red" and looked great.

I am excited if she is the chosen one. Great hire for sure!!!

#15   2013/06/04 04:25PM
    Coastal1

NO. No. NO.

All caps only because I'm screaming! I've been watching Y&R since Episode 1. But if they re-cast Phyllis, I'm SO OUT, it's not funny.

Please tell me you were joking!

#16   2013/06/04 04:36PM
    bukopandan

I was watching GH the other day and Tracy Quartermaine was doing one of her rants, and I thought how perfect it'd be if MS joined GH and turned out to be a Quartermaine--YR's Phyl and GH's Traci are so, so alike!

#17   2013/06/04 04:52PM
    BabyVelvet

Quote Yandy: The role of Phyllis Summers is going to played by Gina Tognoni -

True or Not?
    YIKES! She's gorgeous! Lucky Jack!

#18   2013/06/04 05:05PM
    Coastal1

True or Not?

I thought Gina Tognoni did a great job on GL and I like her. But even she can't play Phyllis.

Since Michelle Stafford is choosing to leave, they should end the character's run. They should let Phyllis run off into the sunset to run some monolithic conglomerate that dwarfs Newman Enterprises. Make her a gazillionaire who learns her lessons and has the last laugh in terms of pain and heartache from that whining little sister and a family that abandoned her including the Abbots.

Some characters just shouldn't be replaced after a high-impact, long-term (16 yr) run. Michelle Stafford as Phyllis is one of those roles. DON'T RE-CAST IT.

#19   2013/06/04 05:43PM
    Wali

I think that with such an important storyline coming up, it is essential that the character of Phyllis Newman is present. She's one of the most important characters involved in this storyline, other than Summer, Jack, Nick, Avery and Sharon. Regardless of the actress, Phyllis must be there, or else it will seem very abrupt and awkward if the paternity is revealed and Phyllis isn't there to comfort her daughter/scream at her ex-husband.

I'm very happy to have a re-cast, though it is sad to see Michelle Stafford leave. Good luck to her as well as the potential NuPhyllis, Gina Tognoni. Great looking, good actress, very good choice.

#20   2013/06/04 05:57PM
    laurie6

Quote Coastal1:

True or Not?

I thought Gina Tognoni did a great job on GL and I like her. But even she can't play Phyllis.

Since Michelle Stafford is choosing to leave, they should end the character's run. They should let Phyllis run off into the sunset to run some monolithic conglomerate that dwarfs Newman Enterprises. Make her a gazillionaire who learns her lessons and has the last laugh in terms of pain and heartache from that whining little sister and a family that abandoned her including the Abbots.

Some characters just shouldn't be replaced after a high-impact, long-term (16 yr) run. Michelle Stafford as Phyllis is one of those roles. DON'T RE-CAST IT.

ITA, No one else can be Phyliss but MS to me. They can recast all they want it will never be the same.IMO

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list