List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Phyllis isn't needed on Y&R anymore !

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Phyllis isn't needed on Y&R anymore !

Started by TreeBuild at 2013/05/25 12:20PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/26 07:03PM, Views: 3251, Replies: 31
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/05/26 11:10AM
    Re: Phyllis isn't needed on Y&R anymore !
    BabyVelvet

Quote rediculous: I will certainly miss Phyllis and MS's portrayal of her, she never missed a beat, the show will not be as entertaining to me without the character or the actress..I hope they do recast, but it would be nice if they could wait a while before another actress takes over, give us viewers time to adjust to first no Phyllis on screen and then emerge again with a new actress playing the part.. good luck to MS, she will do well I am sure in any new project she takes on..I sure did enjoy her Phyllis.

MS is an amazing actress, I can't wait to see where she lands!

#22   2013/05/26 11:16AM
    vikis3

Quote frootloop:
    Quote BabyVelvet:
    Quote LucySnowe:
    Quote BabyVelvet:
    Quote CuppaCoffee:
    Quote BabyVelvet: I'm so looking forward to NO MORE PHYLLIS, that I'm counting the days!
    It can't happen soon enough for me!
    She hasn't been "needed" for YEARS.
    Sayonara, Phyllis, have a good life... somewhere else.
    Let that loud-mouthed, arm waving grimacing hag go terrorize someone off screen. Good riddance!

I take it you don't care for Phyllis either. Don't you adore the title of this thread? It says what a lot of us have been feeling for a very long time.
    I thought her pairing with Jack was quite a feather in her cap, but not everyone agreed. Oh well, that's the way the cookie falls apart in the milk.

Her pairing with Jack was the only thing that saved this character imo. She became unbearable in the Phick years, the repeating and flailing got out of control. PB always toned down her acting. She was great with him. In that sense it's a shame she's leaving when she's likeable again.

Yes, her character became less over-the-top obnoxious when paired with Jack. Phyllis is middle-aged (like me), and there comes a time when a woman should tone it down a little and not act like an attention-seeking lunatic.

I guess the writers did not agree with you as that is how they wrote Phyllis. Same as they write Sharon as a needy pathetic nutcase.

Why drag Sharon into this thread about Phyl leaving? Sour grapes? or just changing the subject? either way

#23   2013/05/26 11:57AM
    LucySnowe

Quote BabyVelvet:
    Quote LucySnowe:
    Quote BabyVelvet:
    Quote CuppaCoffee:
    Quote BabyVelvet: I'm so looking forward to NO MORE PHYLLIS, that I'm counting the days!
    It can't happen soon enough for me!
    She hasn't been "needed" for YEARS.
    Sayonara, Phyllis, have a good life... somewhere else.
    Let that loud-mouthed, arm waving grimacing hag go terrorize someone off screen. Good riddance!

I take it you don't care for Phyllis either. Don't you adore the title of this thread? It says what a lot of us have been feeling for a very long time.
    I thought her pairing with Jack was quite a feather in her cap, but not everyone agreed. Oh well, that's the way the cookie falls apart in the milk.

Her pairing with Jack was the only thing that saved this character imo. She became unbearable in the Phick years, the repeating and flailing got out of control. PB always toned down her acting. She was great with him. In that sense it's a shame she's leaving when she's likeable again.

Yes, her character became less over-the-top obnoxious when paired with Jack. Phyllis is middle-aged (like me), and there comes a time when a woman should tone it down a little and not act like an attention-seeking lunatic.

Exactly. Middle-aged women are very sexy but in a different way. I'd like to see Phyllis in that grownup way. That character would have a lot of potential imo.

#24   2013/05/26 03:36PM
    countryMomof4

Sorry but I never thought the character was needed in the first place. : shrugs

#25   2013/05/26 04:02PM
    pink kiity

i get tired of arms flapping all around all of the times what is shes a bird will i guess the bird need to fly so let the bird fly i got tired of the phyliss show

#26   2013/05/26 04:58PM
    BabyVelvet

Quote pink kiity: i get tired of arms flapping all around all of the times what is shes a bird will i guess the bird need to fly so let the bird fly i got tired of the phyliss show
    Yeah, it was fun while it lasted, but it's reached it's expiration date.

#27   2013/05/26 05:12PM
    angel276

Looking forward to the break from Phyllis. I think she was shoved down our throats for so long...the character began to sicken me.

#28   2013/05/26 05:15PM
    dazzleme

I realize this is a thread about Phyllis but I will say this, if SC were smart she would be thinking of jumping ship also before the boat sinks, it's only a matter of time, I don't think any of the vets are safe at this point although it was Michelle that decided to leave, I think she felt the ship sinking and chose to leave before it went all the way down!! I will miss her but I'm happy for her! I, more than likely will just stop watching now because she was the only thing I was watching for...although the Chelsea story has kinda sparked some interest, I don't know if it's enough to keep me watching it on a regular basis, I only watched it twice last week as it was, so once MS is gone, it will be hard to tune in!! It's turned into a huge snore fest for me! I find I FF a lot these days!

#29   2013/05/26 06:56PM
    frootloop

I ff alot too. The show stinks.

#30   2013/05/26 07:02PM
    Grendel

Quote dazzleme: I realize this is a thread about Phyllis but I will say this, if SC were smart she would be thinking of jumping ship also before the boat sinks, it's only a matter of time, I don't think any of the vets are safe at this point although it was Michelle that decided to leave, I think she felt the ship sinking and chose to leave before it went all the way down!! I will miss her but I'm happy for her! I, more than likely will just stop watching now because she was the only thing I was watching for...although the Chelsea story has kinda sparked some interest, I don't know if it's enough to keep me watching it on a regular basis, I only watched it twice last week as it was, so once MS is gone, it will be hard to tune in!! It's turned into a huge snore fest for me! I find I FF a lot these days!

You make some excellent points. I read a lot complaints about the newbies but if not newbies like Chelsea, Avery and a few others, once MS leaves I would never bother to watch again. JFP wants to writer a HH type show for an HH audience.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list