List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Will Michelle Stafford be replaced or ???

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Will Michelle Stafford be replaced or ???

Started by Valene at 2013/05/24 09:02PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/29 07:51PM, Views: 23568, Replies: 78
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #51   2013/05/29 02:41PM
    Re: Will Michelle Stafford be replaced or ???
    jacksmyguy

Having watched Y&R for years, I've seen Phyllis at her best and her worst but I always liked her and Jack together. Michelle is a great actress, regardless if you love or hate the character she portrays. I'm not sure anyone could replace her, however I don't want to see Jack alone again, especially when things seemed to be working out for him for a change. Since the new writers are inundating us (the long time Y&R viewers) with so many new characters, I think that I would prefer to see Phyllis recast with a MS lookalike. Then if Michelle changes her mind later and wants to return she could. She is too good of a character to kill off.

#52   2013/05/29 02:52PM
    jacksmyguy

I so agree with Calliope's post. Y&R is becoming some other show - What a shame. Now Michelle Stafford is leaving. This is not a change for the better. There are already too many young characters that these new writers have infused into the show. That's another reason that I want the writers to recast Phyllis and keep her character on the show.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/29 02:58PM
    #53   2013/05/29 04:20PM
    Grendel

Quote jacksmyguy: I so agree with Calliope's post. Y&R is becoming some other show - What a shame. Now Michelle Stafford is leaving. This is not a change for the better. There are already too many young characters that these new writers have infused into the show. That's another reason that I want the writers to recast Phyllis and keep her character on the show.

I think she did the smart thing. She is not going to be a lead anymore. So if she is not happy with that, then she should leave, I would.

#54   2013/05/29 04:25PM
    Tambam

Those are pretty big shoes to fill for someone. I just can't see that anyone can replace Phyllis. MS is Phyllis. If they do this the poor actor stepping in will probably not measure up.

#55   2013/05/29 04:48PM
    Grendel

MS can't be replaced and I don't think they will recast the part.

#56   2013/05/29 05:01PM
    SuziDecorator

Quote calliope: Phyllis, Katherine and Jill are the only women on this show with any backbone. We keep losing the cores of this show and bring in one newbie after another. This is surely becoming a different show than the real Y&R. They aged Summer to some kid that no one really gives a hoot about, changed a great Kyle to some "older" guy, brought in Leslie and Tyler and wanted us to care about them when we didn't even know them...on and on. I look for more of the veterans to get tired of the children's hour and move on.

I have to agree with you on that - every other woman on the show has been made to look like a dumb bimbo (even Lauren who runs her own very successful company). I haven't always liked the character of Phyllis, but I've always enjoyed the acting of MS.
    Also agree about the children's hour - they've brought in a bunch of teeny boppers that nobody really cares about - there is no history there, just BAM here they are, usually without much of a story line except some sort of sex. I sure don't mind bringing in the children of the core characters but let's ease them in so that we get to know them and care about what happens to them before they throw them in bed.

#57   2013/05/29 05:41PM
    jimjay00I

Quote Tambam: Those are pretty big shoes to fill for someone. I just can't see that anyone can replace Phyllis. MS is Phyllis. If they do this the poor actor stepping in will probably not measure up.

Yeah, theres no way, TamBam. Who ever steps in will have a hard time getting anyone's acceptance. They would start off on the wrong foot and struggle for a long time.

#58   2013/05/29 06:19PM
    MSRocksinHer...

Quote Tambam: Those are pretty big shoes to fill for someone. I just can't see that anyone can replace Phyllis. MS is Phyllis. If they do this the poor actor stepping in will probably not measure up.

MS does not have big feet...that's actress bashing.

And I'm sure they will give her replacement shoes that fit...*SMDH

actor stepping in will probably not measure up

Or were you implying that the actor will not be good enough?

#59   2013/05/29 06:20PM
    Grendel

Quote MSRocksinHerOwnLunch:

MS does not have big feet...that's actress bashing.

And I'm sure they will give her replacement shoes that fit...*SMDH

actor stepping in will probably not measure up

Or were you implying that the actor will not be good enough?

No! Tam meant that has a compliment. She meant MS is such a great actress it would be hard to find someone to replace her.

#60   2013/05/29 06:35PM
    MSRocksinHer...

Quote jimjay00I:

Yeah, theres no way, TamBam. Who ever steps in will have a hard time getting anyone's acceptance. They would start off on the wrong foot and struggle for a long time.

Nice of you to pick on the actor that will be replacing MS...how do you know she will find it hard to gain acceptance? How do you know that she will 'start off on the wrong foot?' Do you know who the replacement will be, and you are qualified to evaluate her acting skills?

Or perhaps you are only speaking for yourself, that YOU are determined to hate the replacement...a lone voice in the wilderness?

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing what a new actress can bring to the role. If she get through her lines without repeating herself, shoving her face so close to others that she ends up spitting in their faces and flapping her arms about...then I say she will gain 'Instant Acceptance!'

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list