List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Chelsea, Y&R's New Vixnen?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Chelsea, Y&R's New Vixnen?

Started by Grendel at 2013/05/23 05:49PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/29 04:45PM, Views: 4597, Replies: 116
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #101   2013/05/27 08:01AM
    Re: Chelsea, Y&R's New Vixnen?
    justmyopinion

Quote Grendel:
    Quote justmyopinion:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote justmyopinion:
    Quote Grendel: She is the new Phyllis.

Don't insult MS, please.

Its not an insult. I am a huge fan of MS (Phyllis) so it's a huge compliment.

Sorry, but if you're a fan of MS, you ARE insulting her. Her acting skills nor the intensity of her character don't even come CLOSE to Phyllis or MS. She's just not that significant on this show compared to Phyllis, and never will be. She's just a con artist gold digger. Phyllis was a con, but not a gold digger, and she was intelligent, acquired success in her own merit. What has Chelsea done except sucker men and use pregnancies to advance herself? What skill does she have, outside of opening her legs?? It most definitely is an insult.

That's not true. I also watched MCE on AMC and I know what a good actress she is. She is already nominated for an Emmy for her work so she must be doing pretty well. The writers have made her one of the new female leads on the show so with MS gone, she will have an even bigger role. Good for Chelsea that she is so young and fertile. That will serve her well.

Yep, bc fertility is all she can do to give herself any kind of life. Using a brain and actually working your a$$ off, for example, would require REAL intelligence and skill, which she sorely lacks.

#102   2013/05/27 08:05AM
    justmyopinion

Quote Grendel:
    Quote justmyopinion:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote justmyopinion:

Don't insult MS, please.

Sorry, but if you're a fan of MS, you ARE insulting her. Her acting skills nor the intensity of her character don't even come CLOSE to Phyllis or MS. She's just not that significant on this show compared to Phyllis, and never will be. She's just a con artist gold digger. Phyllis was a con, but not a gold digger, and she was intelligent, acquired success in her own merit. What has Chelsea done except sucker men and use pregnancies to advance herself? What skill does she have, outside of opening her legs?? Just way more depth to Phyllis' character. That, and MS has made the character irreplacable. I can't say the same for the Chelsea character.

Look she has replaced Phyllis already. Now that Phyllis is leaving you are bashing Chelsea! I guess that's called Chaters!

I've bashed Chelsea from day 1. No secret there. I've bashed Phyllis, but also complimented her acting skills repeatedly. I've also given Phyllis credit many times when she's done good...helping Jack out of withdrawal, for example. I've seen absolutely nothing so far even remotely decent about Chelsea. I did feel sorry for her for miscarrying, and felt she was 100% justified in being angry at Summer then, and defended her when she was cold to Summer at Victor's party. All while I did not like the character. I just don't think she compares to Phyllis. I'm sure many agree, she just hasn't made that much of a presence. You're talking about a 16 year veteran, for pete's sake. You can certainly like both characters, but you're comparing apples to oranges.

#103   2013/05/27 08:12AM
    Grendel

Quote justmyopinion:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote justmyopinion:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote justmyopinion:

Don't insult MS, please.

Sorry, but if you're a fan of MS, you ARE insulting her. Her acting skills nor the intensity of her character don't even come CLOSE to Phyllis or MS. She's just not that significant on this show compared to Phyllis, and never will be. She's just a con artist gold digger. Phyllis was a con, but not a gold digger, and she was intelligent, acquired success in her own merit. What has Chelsea done except sucker men and use pregnancies to advance herself? What skill does she have, outside of opening her legs?? Just way more depth to Phyllis' character. That, and MS has made the character irreplacable. I can't say the same for the Chelsea character.

Look she has replaced Phyllis already. Now that Phyllis is leaving you are bashing Chelsea! I guess that's called Chaters!

I've bashed Chelsea from day 1. No secret there. I've bashed Phyllis, but also complimented her acting skills repeatedly. I've also given Phyllis credit many times when she's done good...helping Jack out of withdrawal, for example. I've seen absolutely nothing so far even remotely decent about Chelsea. I did feel sorry for her for miscarrying, and felt she was 100% justified in being angry at Summer then, and defended her when she was cold to Summer at Victor's party. All while I did not like the character. I just don't think she compares to Phyllis. I'm sure many agree, she just hasn't made that much of a presence. You're talking about a 16 year veteran, for pete's sake. You can certainly like both characters, but you're comparing apples to oranges.

IF MS had been fired or forced to leave the show, believe me I would not be talking like this. But she left on her own terms and with excellent feelings toward her co-stars and the powers that be. She got bored with the role and wanted to do new things. I totally respect that. So in no way am I dissing her. I follow her on twitter and will always be a big fan.

#104   2013/05/27 08:21AM
    lovinthesoaps

I dont see her as a "vixen". I see her as in over her head in GC. I also see that even though the "newbies" have brought in their owns fans, I see alot of longtime Y&R viewers not happy seeing them showcased everday. Y&R has been on top for over 20 years thanks to their loyal fans. Basically bringing in a new cast from another soap and forcing them down our throats doesnt seem smart to me.

Dont get me wrong. Newbies are essential, especially since the vets are getting older but the integration seems off.

#105   2013/05/27 08:31AM
    fairland

Quote Lanie1959:
    Quote Qu33nTeelovesAdam:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote Qu33nTeelovesAdam:
    Quote Cass Eno: I think this Chelsea phase will pass.

I hope so

lol!!!

Believe me, she is NOT all that!

maybe not to you... but she definitely getting a fan-base!

i love chelsea fan base. Maybe chelsea will become the next Vixnen in Genoa city that would be awesome writing skills that chelsea will be become the next Vixnen in town.

#106   2013/05/27 10:46AM
    Grendel

I do like her with Dylan but Chadam is the bomb.

#107   2013/05/29 12:28PM
    Grendel

She was great today.

#108   2013/05/29 12:38PM
    TwoOfEach

Quote justmyopinion:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote justmyopinion:

Don't insult MS, please.

Um. Can't that be said about EVERY woman on the show except Avery--that they got their job by who they are related to or sleeping with???. Chelsea has a job as a designer that she earned on her own so she has talents of her own.

#109   2013/05/29 12:41PM
    TwoOfEach

Quote justmyopinion:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote justmyopinion:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote justmyopinion:

Don't insult MS, please.

Sorry, but if you're a fan of MS, you ARE insulting her. Her acting skills nor the intensity of her character don't even come CLOSE to Phyllis or MS. She's just not that significant on this show compared to Phyllis, and never will be. She's just a con artist gold digger. Phyllis was a con, but not a gold digger, and she was intelligent, acquired success in her own merit. What has Chelsea done except sucker men and use pregnancies to advance herself? What skill does she have, outside of opening her legs?? It most definitely is an insult.

That's not true. I also watched MCE on AMC and I know what a good actress she is. She is already nominated for an Emmy for her work so she must be doing pretty well. The writers have made her one of the new female leads on the show so with MS gone, she will have an even bigger role. Good for Chelsea that she is so young and fertile. That will serve her well.

Yep, bc fertility is all she can do to give herself any kind of life. Using a brain and actually working your a$$ off, for example, would require REAL intelligence and skill, which she sorely lacks.

Chelsea has been shown to be talented and hard working. Her personal life is a mess, but she has business savvy. Hate all you want but the writers have given Chelsea a substantive job with story line potential.

#110   2013/05/29 12:45PM
    Grendel

Quote TwoOfEach:
    Quote justmyopinion:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote justmyopinion:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote justmyopinion:

Don't insult MS, please.

Chelsea has been shown to be talented and hard working. Her personal life is a mess, but she has business savvy. Hate all you want but the writers have given Chelsea a substantive job with story line potential.

ITA! Great post.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list