List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why does so many assume that Phyllis is leaving--

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why does so many assume that Phyllis is leaving--

Started by rediculous at 2013/05/21 08:26AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 04:11PM, Views: 4670, Replies: 39
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2013/05/21 01:21PM
    Re: Why does so many assume that Phyllis is leaving--
    LucySnowe

Quote JRTA:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote JRTA: Hmmm.... interesting. The article here says that MS has confirmed that she is leaving and her final scenes will air mid June.

When the special tribute was announced for JC, JFP said they were scripted into July so it would be July at the earliest that before Katherine is written out.

So that begs the question, if they are scripted into July, and MS is done in mid-June, was she already written out? Will they re-write to write her out? Or is the role about to be recast?

I am thinking the third one, at least temporarily.

It's confirmed she is gone for good.

Yes, I said that in the first paragraph. The temp recast is referring to if they still have to close a storyline with Phyllis, they may recast temp, and then write the character out perminently.

I still think Phyllis will be recast, it's just a matter of how long.

I do, too. However, the original article at Soap Digest indicates she "wraps up" her stint "mid-June". It doesn't say it's her final airdate. I suspect her final airdate is late July (early August) if in fact she finishes taping mid-June. The article on this site seems to have read into "wraps up" a bit. That's my take.

#32   2013/05/21 01:46PM
    vikis3

Quote rediculous:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote rediculous: Why does so many assume that Phyllis is leaving--just because MS is reported to be leaving, one doesn't necessarily follow the other..Poor MS she is constantly reminding people on her twitter account that she is Michelle, she is not Phyllis, they are not one and the same..there can and probable will be another actress take over this role, just because Michelle is leaving, doesn't mean Phyllis has to leave also..

Because most of us would rather see the character written off than have some second rate replacement. JFP is not interested in older characters, especially older females, so just let the character go move on.

Why assume the replacement would be second rate?? It has never been announced or hinted at anywhere that Phyllis is leaving..

Hey red, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the part of Phyl originally played by someone else?

#33   2013/05/21 02:34PM
    deceived

If this is about her not wanting to be with Jack, that's silly, he is age appropriate more than Nick and
    Ronan. So I don't believe that is why... it could be the paternity thing ending phick... but I am just speculating... which is useless at this time. MS is a professional, maybe she just decided to go for Lifetime movies or Hallmark movies...we will miss her though...

#34   2013/05/21 03:34PM
    JRTA

Quote LucySnowe:
    Quote JRTA:
    Quote Grendel:
    Quote JRTA: Hmmm.... interesting. The article here says that MS has confirmed that she is leaving and her final scenes will air mid June.

When the special tribute was announced for JC, JFP said they were scripted into July so it would be July at the earliest that before Katherine is written out.

So that begs the question, if they are scripted into July, and MS is done in mid-June, was she already written out? Will they re-write to write her out? Or is the role about to be recast?

I am thinking the third one, at least temporarily.

It's confirmed she is gone for good.

Yes, I said that in the first paragraph. The temp recast is referring to if they still have to close a storyline with Phyllis, they may recast temp, and then write the character out perminently.

I still think Phyllis will be recast, it's just a matter of how long.

I do, too. However, the original article at Soap Digest indicates she "wraps up" her stint "mid-June". It doesn't say it's her final airdate. I suspect her final airdate is late July (early August) if in fact she finishes taping mid-June. The article on this site seems to have read into "wraps up" a bit. That's my take.

It's all in the wording. Everything I've read (here, SOC etc) states she will "last be seen on air mid-June" which is what I based my comment on.

#35   2013/05/21 03:36PM
    Grendel

Quote deceived: If this is about her not wanting to be with Jack, that's silly, he is age appropriate more than Nick and
    Ronan. So I don't believe that is why... it could be the paternity thing ending phick... but I am just speculating... which is useless at this time. MS is a professional, maybe she just decided to go for Lifetime movies or Hallmark movies...we will miss her though...

Age appropriate? In other words she is too old top be a leading lady, so she should be content to be a third stringer? Stafford is one of the best in the business. If the current powers that be feel she is to old to be a leading lady and she is not content to be a 3rd stringer, she should leave.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/21 03:40PM
    #36   2013/05/21 03:44PM
    weatherholt3

There has been so many rumors about why she leaving, really no one will really know but MS for her reason for leaving, but if it is over them putting her with PB then that is a sad reason for leaving SC didn't like the Shictor S/L but she did it because it was her job.

#37   2013/05/21 03:53PM
    Fire_Phy

Quote deceived: If this is about her not wanting to be with Jack, that's silly, he is age appropriate more than Nick and

I was thinking maybe she was fed up playing phyllis and reading the boards made her so sick. She said once if I recall she did not like that people was attacking SC and Sharon was a friend of hers. She could got sick of it and decided she did not want to play Phyllis any longer. Just guessing.

#38   2013/05/21 03:53PM
    batty

Quote Qu33nTeelovesAdam:
    Quote rediculous:
    Quote Qu33nTeelovesAdam: I ASSume she was leaving because it has been reported that she was leaving.

For all we know this could be a publicity stunt.... As long as Sharon Case is still on ill be here...

IF MS leaves she will be missed!

Phyllis hasn't been reported as leaving Qu33n, MS has been..I am hoping Phyllis stays..

Lol.... I got ya... I fell for the OKIE DOKE.... Lol... I think they will recast her... She was before

Don't feel too bad, I was a touch confused myself when I saw this thread.

I'm clear now...MS is leaving, but maybe they will keep Phylliss on...I hope so, the character has a niche there.

And if they do recast, I'm sure they won't pick a 'second rate actress' for the part, knowing that MS fans will put the replacement under a microscope.

I just hope that the viewers cut her a break and give her time to get into the role.

#39   2013/05/21 04:03PM
    deceived

Quote Grendel:

Age appropriate? In other words she is too old top be a leading lady, so she should be content to be a third stringer? Stafford is one of the best in the business. If the current powers that be feel she is to old to be a leading lady and she is not content to be a 3rd stringer, she should leave.

On Y&R PHYLLIS is around 50 and so is Jack. Jack is a veteran, been there a long time...so if she is paired with him, she would get a lot of air time...
    MS is a professional, I'm sure this isn't the reason. Ending phick with Summer might be a reason, but we all knew that relationship wasn't real... but built on lust and sex...I am upset though that the newbies are getting more airtime than our veterans...and they get our theme song... I feel that if they are going to change Y&R so much, they need to get another theme song.... it is very inappropriate to play that song with these newbies...

i

#40   2013/05/21 04:11PM
    Fire_Phy

Phyllis is in her 50's and there is a 18 years difference between her and Nick Newman. Jack would been great for her.

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list