List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why does so many assume that Phyllis is leaving--

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why does so many assume that Phyllis is leaving--

Started by rediculous at 2013/05/21 08:26AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 04:11PM, Views: 4653, Replies: 39
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/05/21 10:09AM
    Re: Why does so many assume that Phyllis is leaving--
    Lanie1959

I am not assuming anything, I'm not a huge fan, but Phylis is an entertaining character at times so I am not opposed to a recast

#12   2013/05/21 10:12AM
    sunmama

I didn't have a problem when they replace Terry Lester or Brenda Dickson, both their replacements made the role their own.

Now when MS left the role last time and Sandra Nelson took over, there was something missing and that is the outright histrionics that makes MS's Phyllis. She was fine as a replacement but that aspect of Phyllis was missing.

We all know if she goes there will be a GH'er or HH that will be put right in.

#13   2013/05/21 10:29AM
    Calypso

Phyllis is an integral part in of the Y & R. If MS is indeed leaving I think the character should be recast. It may time for us to get used to a new "Phyllis", and I think the role will be a hard one to fill.

As we all know, no one is irreplaceable. Good luck to Michelle with her plans for the future.

#14   2013/05/21 10:34AM
    Lanie1959

Quote Calypso: Phyllis is an integral part in of the Y & R. If MS is indeed leaving I think the character should be recast. It may time for us to get used to a new "Phyllis", and I think the role will be a hard one to fill.

As we all know, no one is irreplaceable. Good luck to Michelle with her plans for the future.

exactly life goes on ...wishing MS all luck in the world

#15   2013/05/21 10:47AM
    LucyT

unless they tie up the paternity story line quickly.I think they will recast but it won't be the same.

I think Sharon will be next because the writters are vested in NAVERY and CHADAM W/ DYLAN as the third part of both those triangles.I hope I am wrong.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/21 10:48AM
    #16   2013/05/21 10:54AM
    deceived

Are we allowed to speculate why she left?
    I am sure there are a million red headed villainess' salivating for this cushy role...
    But at this time, MS would have been at her best time at Y&R if Summer belonged to Jack... Phack would have got their miracle baby they prayed for. And she could have fought that battle with Nick on why he lied. But whatever happens, I hope we see the outcome of this paternity mess.

#17   2013/05/21 10:56AM
    Yale Steam

There is a difference between Phyllis and Michelle. It's just crazy that people can't see that and it's weird too.

Someone in another thread just posted that they were glad Michelle is leaving because of how Phyllis is written in their view. One has nothing to do with the other. These people actually think Phyllis is real.

Phyllis will be just as she is now even if the character is recast. A new actress will play as mean and spiteful as she has always been according to some of you.

Michelle had to play the role according to the scripts. Learn the difference!

#18   2013/05/21 11:10AM
    Grendel

Quote deceived: Are we allowed to speculate why she left?
    I am sure there are a million red headed villainess' salivating for this cushy role...
    But at this time, MS would have been at her best time at Y&R if Summer belonged to Jack... Phack would have got their miracle baby they prayed for. And she could have fought that battle with Nick on why he lied. But whatever happens, I hope we see the outcome of this paternity mess.

So instead of hot steamy love scenes with handsome, young, sexy leading man (Nick and Ronan), she gets to play ma kettle with Jack Abbott? I am sure MS was thrilled about that. The paternity SI will interesting for maybe 2 or 3 episodes and then what? Kyle and Summer stand around with nothing to do?

#19   2013/05/21 11:16AM
    LucySnowe

Quote Grendel:
    Quote deceived: Are we allowed to speculate why she left?

So instead of hot steamy love scenes with handsome, young, sexy leading man (Nick and Ronan), she gets to play ma kettle with Jack Abbott? I am sure MS was thrilled about that. The paternity SI will interesting for maybe 2 or 3 episodes and then what? Kyle and Summer stand around with nothing to do?

The paternity storyline isn't about Kyle and Summer as a couple or even Phyllis -- they are peripheral. The meat of the story is for Nick and Jack and their relationships mostly to Summer but for Nick, to lots of people. I know many of you like to suggest the pairing with PB was MS's motivation in leaving. That's your opinion and please carry on with your unfounded speculation. I just wanted to pop in to clarify that Summer and Kyle and their non-existent love story is not the Big Story here.

#20   2013/05/21 11:16AM
    JRTA

Hmmm.... interesting. The article here says that MS has confirmed that she is leaving and her final scenes will air mid June.

When the special tribute was announced for JC, JFP said they were scripted into July so it would be July at the earliest that before Katherine is written out.

So that begs the question, if they are scripted into July, and MS is done in mid-June, was she already written out? Will they re-write to write her out? Or is the role about to be recast?

I am thinking the third one, at least temporarily.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list