List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: SPOILER DISCUSSION LAUREN

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

SPOILER DISCUSSION LAUREN

Started by Lady Strawberry at 2013/05/21 07:00AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 05:36PM, Views: 2845, Replies: 19
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/05/21 09:29AM
    Re: SPOILER DISCUSSION LAUREN
    trinilisa

Quote Alayne:
    Quote trinilisa: My take on things is that Carmine will not accept that it is over. And especially since Michael tried to strangle him last week, he will become a ish disturber and make Michael think that he and Lauren are still getting it on because of the look-alike. Maybe Michael will see them kissing or something. Either that, or Carmine will wind up dead and a witness will say that they saw Lauren do something, when in fact, it's the look-alike...jmho

Those seem like the most plausible scenario's to me, too. I tend to lean towards Carmine setting it up for Michael to "catch" him with "Lauren." Most likely at the worst possible time. Probably when Michael has finally had enough time to digest the betrayal and is starting to trust Lauren again....BAM....Carmine makes this move to stop them from reconciling.

Oops. Sorry for the double post.

No problem...:)

#12   2013/05/21 09:30AM
    trinilisa

Quote Lady Strawberry: So Lauren would have to try to prove that she wasn't the person Michael saw. So Carmine would be dumb enough to think that Lauren would not know that he purposely set her up. That's supposed to make Lauren go running back to him.

Well, she was dumb enough to get mixed up with him in the first place (apparently she's THAT stupid), so I dunno...

#13   2013/05/21 09:49AM
    Lady Strawberry

That is true. She did get involved with that piece of slime.

#14   2013/05/21 09:59AM
    SLEUTH

I am waiting on Lauren to show some emotion, thus far ALL her facial expression are the same. If she cries, if she laughs, if she attempts to look distraught--it is the same half eye closed look with pursed lips.
    Bring back Sheila to put Lauren out of her apparent misery.

#15   2013/05/21 10:11AM
    Lady Strawberry

Quote SLEUTH: I am waiting on Lauren to show some emotion, thus far ALL her facial expression are the same. If she cries, if she laughs, if she attempts to look distraught--it is the same half eye closed look with pursed lips.

I can't help but agree with you. I am still laughing. I think as viewers we have been hard on Lauren's character due to the inability of the actress to really give us the emotion we need. She is tearing up her face and trying to sound like she is crying but she can't make the tears come. I think the actresses inability to show the appropriate emotion leave us a viewers to say she isn't really sorry. That has been getting on my nerves because the dialogue is set for Lauren to be sorry and feel remorse for what she has done but the actress is not bringing that across.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/21 10:12AM
    #16   2013/05/21 11:02AM
    Alayne

Quote Lady Strawberry: So Lauren would have to try to prove that she wasn't the person Michael saw. So Carmine would be dumb enough to think that Lauren would not know that he purposely set her up. That's supposed to make Lauren go running back to him.

In typical soap fashion, Michael will see it and just walk away without confronting it. It will probably take weeks for Lauren to figure out what happened. In the meantime, Carmine will conveniently show up to offer his "support" knowing they are again struggling. This is probably going to go around in circles forever before its all finally resolved.

#17   2013/05/21 12:01PM
    Cass Eno

Maybe it is Michael that is going to get mixed up with the Lauren look-a-like.

#18   2013/05/21 02:39PM
    lmfan

Quote SLEUTH: I am waiting on Lauren to show some emotion, thus far ALL her facial expression are the same. If she cries, if she laughs, if she attempts to look distraught--it is the same half eye closed look with pursed lips.

How have some missed the emotion in this story? That is all that this story is about. She was crying and has begged Michael for forgiveness. I don't know what some want to see? Maybe falling on the floor on her knees and begging? And she was in tears yesterday as Michael cried on her shoulder. This story has been very emotional and played wonderfully by both actors, Christian Le Blanc and Tracey Bregman.

#19   2013/05/21 02:52PM
    lmfan

Quote Lady Strawberry:

I can't help but agree with you. I am still laughing. I think as viewers we have been hard on Lauren's character due to the inability of the actress to really give us the emotion we need. She is tearing up her face and trying to sound like she is crying but she can't make the tears come. I think the actresses inability to show the appropriate emotion leave us a viewers to say she isn't really sorry. That has been getting on my nerves because the dialogue is set for Lauren to be sorry and feel remorse for what she has done but the actress is not bringing that across.

Look closer. The tears have been falling regularly. I think the actress has had no problem showing the appropriate emotion. I think some don't want to see remorse from Lauren because they are mad at her character and therefore are not seeing what is on screen.

#20   2013/05/21 05:36PM
    Alayne

Quote lmfan:

How have some missed the emotion in this story? That is all that this story is about. She was crying and has begged Michael for forgiveness. I don't know what some want to see? Maybe falling on the floor on her knees and begging? And she was in tears yesterday as Michael cried on her shoulder. This story has been very emotional and played wonderfully by both actors, Christian Le Blanc and Tracey Bregman.
    That broke my heart. What's always been special about this couple is how they have not just been husband and wife or lovers, they began and remained best friends. He desperately needs to reach out to her for comfort, but he can't and it's just awful to watch.

I really do hope they can find a way to work it out and that Michael finds a way to forgive and get past it. I can't imagine either of them with someone else long term. But, I wouldn't be mad at Michael if got a little revenge sex with a hot young woman. I know it wouldn't be right, but I just wouldn't get mad at him for it. It might help him salvage his beaten and bruised pride so he could be whole again with Lauren. I truly think that's a big issue here. She stomped on his pride and he needs to get it back before he can move forward with her.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list