List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: young and restless on its last year

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

young and restless on its last year

Started by redfan at 2013/05/20 09:34PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 02:04PM, Views: 2119, Replies: 23
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2013/05/21 12:49PM
    Re: young and restless on its last year
    Cass Eno

Quote JRTA:
    Quote Cass Eno: I don't think Y&R is on it's last legs, but I do think the writers are introducing far too many new characters.
    Granted we need new blood, but not a deluge of it. Gradual change is much easier for everyone. I don't see a lot of the old cast leaving as yet, but anything can happen.

I think the issue is more the HOW they are introducing these characters.

It's the fact that Tyler was introduced as Leslie's brother and then they went with a storyline focused around THEM with Neil/Lily/Cane playing supporting roles, instead of the other way around is the problem.

It's the fact that they brought in Dylan as a past love interest to a fairly new character Avery, and then throw him into a storyline with another newer character Chelsea, with long term staple characters like Sharon/Nick/Adam (I count Adam as he's a Newman) are supporting roles, is an issue.

Even the paternity storyline is missing the mark. Instead of focusing on the history here, Jack/Phyllis/Nick/Sharon, the focus is on two new faces. Summer and Kyle may have been around for a while, but not in the version they are now. They could still have their younger storyline, but putting the focus there is a mistake.

And that's what is hurting Y&R.

Right on. Standing ovation from me.

#22   2013/05/21 01:21PM
    summer nights

I love young and restless summer and Kyle romance Nick Sharon Jack paretenity storyline .cane Lily Tyler. Adam Chelsea Dylan .

#23   2013/05/21 01:59PM
    vikis3

Quote Grendel:
    Quote BabyVelvet: It's very sad about Jeanne Cooper, but the show will be fine.

That's exactly what folks were saying about GL and so many other soaps before they were canned.

That just goes to show that all the PAMing won't change anything...so enjoy it while it is on

#24   2013/05/21 02:04PM
    pink kiity

how do you know this did the fore-teller on young and the restless tell you this

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list