List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: young and restless on its last year

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

young and restless on its last year

Started by redfan at 2013/05/20 09:34PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 02:04PM, Views: 2145, Replies: 23
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/05/21 06:17AM
    Re: young and restless on its last year
    Charlie h

For 40 years favorite actors have come and gone and the show has survived. This will not be the last year!!!

#12   2013/05/21 06:34AM
    rediculous

This thread reminds me of the children's story book..Chicken Little..the sky is falling, the sky is falling ...

#13   2013/05/21 07:14AM
    yandrfan99

Quote rediculous: This thread reminds me of the children's story book..Chicken Little..the sky is falling, the sky is falling ...

I agree I can't believe all the doomsday opinions since MS it seems has desided to leave the show. I agree she will be missed but she like any other actress or actor who desides to move on can be replaced. JC is another story she has been there since day one and has passed away she can not be replaced. MS or nor MS the show will go on just like it is going on without JC and she was loved by all. I wish MS well but she has the right to make her own decisions and the show has the right to make theres I don't see the end of Y&R because of this.

#14   2013/05/21 07:59AM
    redfan

My sister loved guiding light as the world turns which got cancelled for the talk and let's make a deal all my children and one life to live are online its cable people and DVR computers online its too expensive look at y and r sets the same for decade and half except for penthouse and ranch and otb never do outside locations anymore ever one vetern died getting rid of Michele Stafford more be leaving Sharon has run her character into ground nothing left for her to play she be next gh is on chopping block two shows left yandr will not be on in ten years online like all my children and one life to live are its the facts about CBS and cable bold gets more money thrown on sets and outside locations and its not just Phyllis the show is booting!!!!

#15   2013/05/21 08:03AM
    redfan

Boring turning into disney soap opera hollywood heights y and r style or recast every character from general hospital with great actors Blake hood and Marcy rylan soon all of gh will be in genoa city

#16   2013/05/21 08:29AM
    redfan

Unless jfp and jg are fired before jfp aka soap killer kills young and restless show has not one Emmy in years for best show or writing duh looks who's writing horrible storylines and unresolved plots never will win Emmy again until jfp and jg are gone

#17   2013/05/21 11:02AM
    SLEUTH

Losing the beloved "Mrs. C" will not end the show. What will end the show is this insipid writing, the disrespect to veteran characters, and the watering down of quality with this invasion of new characters.
    Chelsea--what a tired S/L you have. Ho hum.
    Chloe--really?? You have no friends (except Chelsea) and are married to a Chipmunk.
    Dylan--get a grip. No one can be as stupid as you appear to be.
    Tyler--Constipated? I can recommend a laxative. I am tired of your constipated look.
    Leslie--Do you work?
    Neil--wants so much to be the BIG MAN in a corporation--you are on the right track keep chasing that tail.

#18   2013/05/21 11:38AM
    JRTA

Quote rediculous: This thread reminds me of the children's story book..Chicken Little..the sky is falling, the sky is falling ...

ITA!

I also think that if they wanted to end the show, they would have allowed MAB to continue to do her damage and not fired her. She was destroying the history of this show.

This regime definitely needs to improve, but the show has come a long way from the train wreck of MAB. Yes, the newbies are focused on a little too heavily. But it's not the imbalance of Phyllis & Victor under MAB.

Yes, the vets need to be given more focus. But there is already a better balance. Michael & Lauren have their first real storyline in years. Jack's storyline with drug addiction was big for PB. We are seeing more of vets like DD (Paul), KSJ (Neil), CLB (Michael), TB (Lauren) - who was put on contract! JW has mentioned getting an apartment in LA, hopefully equals more Jill too.

The biggest issue I have is the continued inconsistant writing. The writers seem to be changing direction every few weeks instead of charting a course and staying on it.

JC passing will be hard for the show. MS is a disappointment. But neither of these are end of the show.

#19   2013/05/21 11:59AM
    Cass Eno

I don't think Y&R is on it's last legs, but I do think the writers are introducing far too many new characters.
    Granted we need new blood, but not a deluge of it. Gradual change is much easier for everyone. I don't see a lot of the old cast leaving as yet, but anything can happen.

#20   2013/05/21 12:09PM
    JRTA

Quote Cass Eno: I don't think Y&R is on it's last legs, but I do think the writers are introducing far too many new characters.
    Granted we need new blood, but not a deluge of it. Gradual change is much easier for everyone. I don't see a lot of the old cast leaving as yet, but anything can happen.

I think the issue is more the HOW they are introducing these characters.

It's the fact that Tyler was introduced as Leslie's brother and then they went with a storyline focused around THEM with Neil/Lily/Cane playing supporting roles, instead of the other way around is the problem.

It's the fact that they brought in Dylan as a past love interest to a fairly new character Avery, and then throw him into a storyline with another newer character Chelsea, with long term staple characters like Sharon/Nick/Adam (I count Adam as he's a Newman) are supporting roles, is an issue.

Even the paternity storyline is missing the mark. Instead of focusing on the history here, Jack/Phyllis/Nick/Sharon, the focus is on two new faces. Summer and Kyle may have been around for a while, but not in the version they are now. They could still have their younger storyline, but putting the focus there is a mistake.

And that's what is hurting Y&R.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list