List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: young and restless on its last year

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

young and restless on its last year

Started by redfan at 2013/05/20 09:34PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 02:04PM, Views: 2133, Replies: 23
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2013/05/20 09:34PM
    young and restless on its last year
    redfan

Jeanne Cooper died kays gone getting rid of Michelle Stafford Phyllis more vets are going to be pushed out making it 20s something soap opera

#2   2013/05/20 09:39PM
    Re: young and restless on its last year
    BabyVelvet

It's very sad about Jeanne Cooper, but the show will be fine.

#3   2013/05/20 09:46PM
    redfan

It's not just Phyllis the show is horrible bad writing s/l that never get resolved too many boring new characters if Sharon case leaves bye bye y and r Avery is boring chelsa is awful con artist lying to Dylan and and having Adams baby I didn't like her on all my children

#4   2013/05/20 09:49PM
    redfan

And Michael and Lauren after this affair s/l Michael will leave then Tracy bergman what more can you do with those characters more newbies are coming in next two years

#5   2013/05/20 09:50PM
    redfan

It's not just Jeanne death and ms leaving the show is way worse than two or three years ago

#6   2013/05/21 01:47AM
    ElusiveButte...

Quote BabyVelvet: It's very sad about Jeanne Cooper, but the show will be fine.

I agree...the show will go on...It's sad to see our favs leave, but there is not one character, or s/l, so important that they ARE the show.

I'm hoping that they don't recast Katherine, out of respect for the contribution JC made to the show, and possibly say the same for Eric Braedon, (Victor.)

As for all the rest, they can be replaced, but I just wish they would hire a new Casting Director...somebody there is making some REALLY bad mistakes.

#7   2013/05/21 01:49AM
    musc

This show has been on since 1973, with me watching from the start. The ONLY 2 original characters who are still on the show are Jill and Katherine. And it stayed on the air through all those changes. More cast/ character changes will not make the show end. All the soaps that have been on for 40-50 years change characters. It will not make the show end. Though I definitely will miss Katherine.

#8   2013/05/21 03:32AM
    smwy

If Y&R finishes it will probably be the end of the whole soap format as we know it.

I don't think so though, they still have some strong characters and actors, they're in better shape than B&B I think. But it feels like soaps are in a transition atm, it's more difficult for them to dominate as they once did.

Jess Walton is coming back, and I hope with a decent storyline. I'm very sad about Jeanne, she was one of a kind, but some other veterans have to start stepping up. I hope they don't all just fade out and retire.

#9   2013/05/21 05:20AM
    Axl Rose

If anything even if Y & R is on its last year which I doubt but even if it were, Y & R could always make that transition to online, with Y & R going to Prospect Park or if not Prospect Park then surely another company like Prospect Park or they could even switch networks possibly even going to NBC or ABC even

#10   2013/05/21 06:12AM
    Grendel

Quote BabyVelvet: It's very sad about Jeanne Cooper, but the show will be fine.

That's exactly what folks were saying about GL and so many other soaps before they were canned.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list