List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: It's OFFICIAL: I'm done watching the show!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

It's OFFICIAL: I'm done watching the show!

Started by C_Gurl_4lyfe at 2013/05/20 04:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 09:49PM, Views: 4322, Replies: 68
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 page:
    #61   2013/05/21 09:11PM
    Re: It's OFFICIAL: I'm done watching the show!
    Shicky

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Shicky:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Shicky:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Shicky:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote BabyVelvet: Some people say they'll stop watching the show once MS leaves, but I doubt more than about 10 people will actually stop. She's choosing to leave, it's not like she got fired. I don't see what the big deal is. It takes more than one actress to make or break a soap... jmho.

I know more than that who have already stopped watching. At this point, the show is so terrible that it only takes one actor leaving.

Suck it up.

I doubt 15-20 people will make that much of a difference...

Nice try, but I will pass on the bait today. I would be really careful, because karma can be really nasty.

So you're saying you personally know more than 20 people who have stopped watching? Ok? Oh well, I guess people are going to have to just "suck it up" like you said.

Karma certainly can be nasty

What is your motivation for being in this thread? People are upset on the direction this show is taking and it seems like you are here to laugh or mock people?

I don't get that.

I personally know a lot of people and, yes, more than that who were on their last thread with this abomination. It doesn't take much to make people quit at that point. And I would think if you cared about the show, you would care about losing viewers, seeing as the new regime can barely stay on par with MAB in her darkest days.

But whatever right? Doesn't matter. You are happy and happy to come here and rub it in. So enjoy that.

Motivation? The desire to talk Y&R. You know, the show that doesn't revolve around ONE person? It will survive losing one character. If you or any of these so called people you've mentioned TRULY cared about the show, you wouldn't tune out because one person leaves.

Rubbing it in? Laughing? Your imagination is running wild. If I wanted to rub in the fact MS was gone, I'd have done it by now. And believe me, my posts in this thread are far from gloating.

Actually, I don't care about the show anymore... LMAO. hence I am tuning out. Already barely cared. Now I don't at all.

I'll level with you, I don't watch it full time anymore either. I've stopped watching everyday since around 2011. MAB ruined the show for me, and JG (while slightly improving things IMO) has not peaked my interest enough to get me to watch on a daily basis. I'll watch a select few scenes online and skip through most of it.

#62   2013/05/21 09:13PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Shicky:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Shicky:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Shicky:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Shicky:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote BabyVelvet: Some people say they'll stop watching the show once MS leaves, but I doubt more than about 10 people will actually stop. She's choosing to leave, it's not like she got fired. I don't see what the big deal is. It takes more than one actress to make or break a soap... jmho.

I know more than that who have already stopped watching. At this point, the show is so terrible that it only takes one actor leaving.

Suck it up.

Nice try, but I will pass on the bait today. I would be really careful, because karma can be really nasty.

So you're saying you personally know more than 20 people who have stopped watching? Ok? Oh well, I guess people are going to have to just "suck it up" like you said.

What is your motivation for being in this thread? People are upset on the direction this show is taking and it seems like you are here to laugh or mock people?

I don't get that.

I personally know a lot of people and, yes, more than that who were on their last thread with this abomination. It doesn't take much to make people quit at that point. And I would think if you cared about the show, you would care about losing viewers, seeing as the new regime can barely stay on par with MAB in her darkest days.

But whatever right? Doesn't matter. You are happy and happy to come here and rub it in. So enjoy that.

Motivation? The desire to talk Y&R. You know, the show that doesn't revolve around ONE person? It will survive losing one character. If you or any of these so called people you've mentioned TRULY cared about the show, you wouldn't tune out because one person leaves.

Rubbing it in? Laughing? Your imagination is running wild. If I wanted to rub in the fact MS was gone, I'd have done it by now. And believe me, my posts in this thread are far from gloating.

Actually, I don't care about the show anymore... LMAO. hence I am tuning out. Already barely cared. Now I don't at all.

I'll level with you, I don't watch it full time anymore either. I've stopped watching everyday since around 2011. MAB ruined the show for me, and JG (while slightly improving things IMO) has not peaked my interest enough to get me to watch on a daily basis. I'll watch a select few scenes online and skip through most of it.

Well I really appreciate you saying this. Imagine if your fave was gone? Pretty bleak!! That is what I am saying.

There was a time when I watched for the whole cast and while I would have been very disappointed, I would have carried on. But now??

#63   2013/05/21 09:22PM
    Shicky

Ratings are actually consistently up from last year and MAB's ridiculous writing. A blip or two, but overall better when compared to last year.

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)
    Y&R Mar 4-8 - 4,549,000 (-65,000/+274,000)
    Y&R Mar 11-15 - 4,366,000 (-183,000/+29,000)
    Y&R Mar 18-22 - 4,711,000 (+345,000/+636,000)
    Y&R Mar 25-29 - 4,755,000 (+44,000/+631,000)
    Y&R Apr 1-5 - 4,669,000 (-86,000/+709,000)
    Y&R Apr 8-12 - 4,530,000 (-139,000/+221,000)
    Y&R Apr 15-19 - 4,237,000 (-293,000/-67,000)
    Y&R Apr 22-26 - 4,445,000 (+208,000/same)
    Y&R Apr 29-May 3 - 4,331,000 (-114,000/+38,000)
    Y&R May 6-10 - 4,339,000 (+8,000/+20,000)

#64   2013/05/21 09:24PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Shicky: Ratings are actually consistently up from last year and MAB's ridiculous writing. A blip or two, but overall better when compared to last year.

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)
    Y&R Mar 4-8 - 4,549,000 (-65,000/+274,000)
    Y&R Mar 11-15 - 4,366,000 (-183,000/+29,000)
    Y&R Mar 18-22 - 4,711,000 (+345,000/+636,000)
    Y&R Mar 25-29 - 4,755,000 (+44,000/+631,000)
    Y&R Apr 1-5 - 4,669,000 (-86,000/+709,000)
    Y&R Apr 8-12 - 4,530,000 (-139,000/+221,000)
    Y&R Apr 15-19 - 4,237,000 (-293,000/-67,000)
    Y&R Apr 22-26 - 4,445,000 (+208,000/same)
    Y&R Apr 29-May 3 - 4,331,000 (-114,000/+38,000)
    Y&R May 6-10 - 4,339,000 (+8,000/+20,000)

The latest ratings I saw were a negative over last year and like I said, they had a 40th anniversary boost. they were promoting everywhere etc etc and as you see in April that went poof.

#65   2013/05/21 09:27PM
    Sunnyflower

You only proved what I said earlier. They got a boost from the 40th and then squandered it. All those that came back because of the promos, had no reason to stick around.

#66   2013/05/21 09:29PM
    Shicky

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Shicky:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Shicky:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Shicky:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Shicky:
    Quote Sunnyflower:

Suck it up.

I don't get that.

Well I really appreciate you saying this. Imagine if your fave was gone? Pretty bleak!! That is what I am saying.

There was a time when I watched for the whole cast and while I would have been very disappointed, I would have carried on. But now??

If Sharon Case was let go, I wouldn't bother with it at all. But I don't consider myself a true die hard fan of the show. I root for one or two characters and a couple that hasn't had a real sniff of happiness in almost 10 years.

What we have to remember though with this is that it was MS' choice to leave. I hope we get more details, but it is't as if she was fired. I think I'd be more pissed if she was actually fired from the show by JFP. It's hard to blame the show if this was a personal decision by Michelle. Jmo.

#67   2013/05/21 09:34PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Shicky:

If Sharon Case was let go, I wouldn't bother with it at all. But I don't consider myself a true die hard fan of the show. I root for one or two characters and a couple that hasn't had a real sniff of happiness in almost 10 years.

What we have to remember though with this is that it was MS' choice to leave. I hope we get more details, but it is't as if she was fired. I think I'd be more pissed if she was actually fired from the show by JFP. It's hard to blame the show if this was a personal decision by Michelle. Jmo.

I have speculations about the circumstance, but they are just that.... So no point in that.

ITA glad she wasn't fired. OMG LOL.

I do support all the other fine actors, very much including SC, and hope for the best. But for me, there just isn't anything here fore me to keep me tuning in.

#68   2013/05/21 09:48PM
    Shicky

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Shicky:

I have speculations about the circumstance, but they are just that.... So no point in that.

I do support all the other fine actors, very much including SC, and hope for the best. But for me, there just isn't anything here fore me to keep me tuning in.

Well Nelson Branco says SC is safe, but who can believe a word that loser says..

#69   2013/05/21 09:49PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Shicky:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Shicky:

Well Nelson Branco says SC is safe, but who can believe a word that loser says..

LOL Shicky. I do hope she is...

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list