List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: It's OFFICIAL: I'm done watching the show!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

It's OFFICIAL: I'm done watching the show!

Started by C_Gurl_4lyfe at 2013/05/20 04:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 09:49PM, Views: 4479, Replies: 68
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #41   2013/05/21 07:17PM
    Re: It's OFFICIAL: I'm done watching the show!
    BabyVelvet

Some people say they'll stop watching the show once MS leaves, but I doubt more than about 10 people will actually stop. She's choosing to leave, it's not like she got fired. I don't see what the big deal is. It takes more than one actress to make or break a soap... jmho.

#42   2013/05/21 07:21PM
    BabyVelvet

Quote Grendel:
    Quote chrisamelia: I am done watching also if she goes! Phyllis is the only reason I am still hanging on! The Phyllis haters may be dancing in the streets now but they better hope Sharon is not next.If TPTB are stupid enough to let her go then you better believe they would do the same with Sharon.

That is exactly what I am thinking. Look at the way Sharon is being written? They are bringing in younger women to pair with Adam and Nick, so what will happen to Sharon in the future?

Sharon isn't greedy.

#43   2013/05/21 07:24PM
    Grendel

Quote BabyVelvet: Some people say they'll stop watching the show once MS leaves, but I doubt more than about 10 people will actually stop. She's choosing to leave, it's not like she got fired. I don't see what the big deal is. It takes more than one actress to make or break a soap... jmho.

Yes, we all have our favorites. But so many people have quit watching the show, even if MS stayed, it won't be around much longer. I can't believe during Latham's tenure as head writer she was able to get 4.4's and 4.3. Now the show is is lucky to get a 3.5! The audience is shrinking so fast.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/21 07:25PM
    #44   2013/05/21 07:28PM
    BabyVelvet

Y&R is still #1, so if we lose a handful, it's no biggie.
    I wish MS would go to BB, because I'd still like to see her, but as a different character... someone a bit quieter.

#45   2013/05/21 07:35PM
    trixie60

Quote BabyVelvet: Some people say they'll stop watching the show once MS leaves, but I doubt more than about 10 people will actually stop. She's choosing to leave, it's not like she got fired. I don't see what the big deal is. It takes more than one actress to make or break a soap... jmho.

I agree. It does take more than one actress to make or break a show. MS was a fantastic actress but if it's her choice to leave, she must have a good reason. I will miss her but I still will watch. And will continue to do so until the show is no longer on the air. It has been habit to watch every day and I will still enjoy it.

#46   2013/05/21 08:05PM
    Grendel

It is hard to believe but there was a time that Y&R drew over 10 million people for every show! Now it struggles to draw 3 million.

#47   2013/05/21 08:22PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote C_Gurl_4lyfe: Well, this might seem really immature of me but as of Michelle Stafford's last day, I am done watching the Y&R. I absolutely love the actress! Not that she was the sole reason why I even tuned in everyday but her exit is the last straw. There's not ONE s/l on this show that makes me even want to watch it, but now that she's leaving there is absolutely no reason for me to tune in. I'm sick of whomever is running things over there at Y&R. They are putting all the newbies on the screen and destroying the "older" ones.

I'll be done too on her last day. I can hardly stand the show as it is and was barely interested. I am glad she left when it still had some (but not much) self-respect.

#48   2013/05/21 08:23PM
    Sunnyflower

I know more than that who have already stopped watching. At this point, the show is so terrible that it only takes one actor leaving.

Suck it up.

#49   2013/05/21 08:34PM
    Shicky

Quote Sunnyflower:

I know more than that who have already stopped watching. At this point, the show is so terrible that it only takes one actor leaving.

Suck it up.

I doubt 15-20 people will make that much of a difference...

#50   2013/05/21 08:36PM
    jmw545

I agree!! hate how they are pushing Chelsea and Avery in an bumping Sharon and Phyllis out

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list