List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: It's OFFICIAL: I'm done watching the show!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

It's OFFICIAL: I'm done watching the show!

Started by C_Gurl_4lyfe at 2013/05/20 04:06PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 09:49PM, Views: 4402, Replies: 68
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #31   2013/05/20 10:20PM
    Re: It's OFFICIAL: I'm done watching the show!
    redfan

Duh! 1 don't matter soaps are expensive they don't go on forever CBS puts money into bold and beutiful sets outside locations more vets will be shoved out jfp is making young and restless into 20s college age soap!!!!

#32   2013/05/20 10:24PM
    redfan

Your are all blinded young and restless is turning into hh and general hospital spinoff show every newbies is from jfps last two.soaps

#33   2013/05/20 10:25PM
    redfan

Jeanne Cooper 40 years deserves a whole week flaskbacks not one day

#34   2013/05/20 10:26PM
    Mrs. Sharon ...

I don't think its immature that all.

No one actor or actress is end ll be all of the show, Y&R is not going to crumble because a well liked character is gone or going to be portrayed by another face. However, as individuals we all watch for different reasons whether that be for one character or whole the cast.

And I can honestly say that If this were Sharon Case leaving that that would be the end of MY personal viewing experience. While I like many characters/talent on Y&R and can enjoy other s/ls fully, I am not invested enough in those characters and s/ls as much as I am in Sharon.

Its as simple as I would not enjoy the show as much without my favorite character.

I am sadden that MS is leaving and I feel sorry for the really loyal fans who do tune in because of our feisty Red. Its never fun to lose your fave character.

She will missed.

#35   2013/05/20 10:30PM
    redfan

Nobody is getting the point its not Phyllis the show is really boring with newbies storylines and I love Sharon they destroyed her character unresolved storylines recasts that are bad Kyle Abby.its just not interresting anymore

#36   2013/05/20 11:22PM
    Shicky

Quote pgl35:
    Quote BabyVelvet: Some viewers may leave, and some who've already left, because they hate Phyllis, may return.

I don't think too many peeps leave for the hate of one character.

I stopped watching years back when they put phick together because of how physically ill it made me feel watching them.

#37   2013/05/20 11:24PM
    Shicky

Quote pgl35:
    Quote BabyVelvet:
    Quote pgl35:
    Quote Squish:
    Quote pgl35:
    Quote BabyVelvet: Some viewers may leave, and some who've already left, because they hate Phyllis, may return.

I don't think too many peeps leave for the hate of one character.

and if they did, they'll stay gone if it's hate of the character recasting won't matter.

Exactly. Something tells me it's more the hate of MS , than the character itself.

If we are to believe that some want to quit watching because MS is leaving, it is just as believable that some have left because they're unhappy with her character and the over the top way she's portrayed.

MS has barely been on for a couple of months and the show is losing viewers every week so that shot your theory all to he!!. Don't you think the ratings would have improved by now if that was the case?

Ratings have actually been going up.

#38   2013/05/21 05:08AM
    C_Gurl_4lyfe

I agree with redfan, I am a huge fan of the Phyllis character and adore MS portrayal of her. However, I don't just watch the show because MS is on it. In fact nowadays, MS,JM, SC, EB, MTS, MM,etc have all been given some pretty awful material to work with. MS doesn't make the show but for me her departure is IT for me. CBS is not only getting rid of the seasoned actors/characters they are putting them in the oven to slowly burn up until they're absolutely "useless". And I would understand very little if the storylines for New People is remotely exciting but it's not. If or when MS leaves, I am done with Y&R because it is another step toward the show just turning into Jersey Shore meets Melrose Place

#39   2013/05/21 06:59PM
    Grendel

I think a lot of people will be done. I am invested Adam, Chelsea and a few others. So I will see how it goes.

#40   2013/05/21 07:07PM
    sunmama

Quote redfan: It's not just Phyllis they disrespect Jeanne cooper in flimsy tribute and Jill and Murphy bunch of vets are never on newbies storylines are boring this is like last years of all my children which was great then slowly went jumped the shark young and restless the shark smells cancelled soap blood

----------------------------------------------------------
    The tribute is on the 28th and they are having 1 hour on the show and an additional hour on the net.

Corbin and the family are cool with it so what's the big deal, Jeanne of all people would expect the show to go on.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/21 07:11PM
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list