List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Michael, Give Your Marriage a Fighting Chance!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Michael, Give Your Marriage a Fighting Chance!

Started by Devil_in Disguise. at 2013/05/20 02:59PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/21 04:44PM, Views: 676, Replies: 18
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/05/21 12:43PM
    Re: Michael, Give Your Marriage a Fighting Chance!
    Cass Eno

Forgiving and forgetting......poles apart.

#12   2013/05/21 01:25PM
    hubbardfan

Quote Qu33nTeelovesAdam: Michael run with your sanity... Lauren was laid up with Carmine more times than you can count. She is a tramp and she wrecked her home... Michael can do better.

I agree! Lauren destroyed any trust between them w/her blatant, repeated betrayal and her constant 'blame game'! She's a loser and I hope Michael helps her pack her bags and tells Carmine to come get her, he's done w/her!

#13   2013/05/21 03:31PM
    HOT PINK

Quote janetb:
    Quote HOT PINK: I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think Lauren deserves another chance with Michael. She slept with Carmine repeatedly and shunned Michael when he tried his best to mend their marriage. Michael and Lauren were great together once a upon a time. But, she destroyed everything when she began her sleazy affair with Carmine. I, for one, will be sorely disappointed if Michael takes Lauren back.

When Lauren finally admitted her affair she acted like saying she was sorry was enough. Michael was supposed to forgive and forget and everything would be fine again.When he wouldn't she turned it around and put the blame on him. I wouldn't be shocked to see her back in bed with Carmine. He won't leave her alone and she'll feel that it's okay because Michael won't just take her back.

Speaking from experience, hearing your cheating spouse say "I'm sorry" doesn't make the pain, disappointment and (yes) disgust go away. Lauren is acting exactly the way my ex did (he put the blame for his cheating on me). Guess doing that makes the cheater feel justified for having the affair.

I hope Michael stands his ground and doesn't take Lauren back. As he said, in his mind, he would always see Carmine with her. After all those months of rejecting Michael and sleeping with Carmine, Lauren doesn't deserve a second chance, in my opinion.

janetb - I totally agree with you. I also think Lauren is going to be back in Carmine's bed very soon. And, she will once again blame her cheating on Michael. Michael deserves so much better. I've always thought he and Avery have great chemistry together. Maybe they will connect again and eventually become a couple.

#14   2013/05/21 03:40PM
    FL senior fan

Give it SPACE...months of SPACE for Lauren to prove herself again. What a shocker if she went back to Carmine for "comfort"? Michael needs the time to get that image of her and Carmine out of his head, don't blame him in the least!
    TIME is what they need.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/21 03:41PM
    #15   2013/05/21 03:56PM
    lmfan

Quote HOT PINK:
    Quote janetb:
    Quote HOT PINK: I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think Lauren deserves another chance with Michael. She slept with Carmine repeatedly and shunned Michael when he tried his best to mend their marriage. Michael and Lauren were great together once a upon a time. But, she destroyed everything when she began her sleazy affair with Carmine. I, for one, will be sorely disappointed if Michael takes Lauren back.

When Lauren finally admitted her affair she acted like saying she was sorry was enough. Michael was supposed to forgive and forget and everything would be fine again.When he wouldn't she turned it around and put the blame on him. I wouldn't be shocked to see her back in bed with Carmine. He won't leave her alone and she'll feel that it's okay because Michael won't just take her back.

Speaking from experience, hearing your cheating spouse say "I'm sorry" doesn't make the pain, disappointment and (yes) disgust go away. Lauren is acting exactly the way my ex did (he put the blame for his cheating on me). Guess doing that makes the cheater feel justified for having the affair.

I hope Michael stands his ground and doesn't take Lauren back. As he said, in his mind, he would always see Carmine with her. After all those months of rejecting Michael and sleeping with Carmine, Lauren doesn't deserve a second chance, in my opinion.

janetb - I totally agree with you. I also think Lauren is going to be back in Carmine's bed very soon. And, she will once again blame her cheating on Michael. Michael deserves so much better. I've always thought he and Avery have great chemistry together. Maybe they will connect again and eventually become a couple.

So let me get this straight. Saint Avery, who cheated on her husband for a very long time and left him for Dylan and couldn't wait to be with her brother in law as soon as he said he was separating from Phyllis would be a better choice for Michael that the mother of his child and love of his life? Why does St. Avery's affair come out like it was ordained from above yet Lauren, who has been a very good wife to Michael for years not deserve a second chance? Why is Lauren the worst of the worst and should never be forgiven yet Saint Avery should be handed Michael on a silver platter?

Avery has been propped and handed two lead actors and I don't see many falling all over her couplings. She is propped daily and yet many do not care. But many do care about Lauren and Michael and their family. I am not saying Lauren wasn't wrong and that Michael will forgive her quickly, but they had a good marriage for a very long time. They have a family and most importantly Lauren and Michael still love each other. Lauren has not only been Michael's wife but she has been his greatest supporter and best friend for years just as he has been Lauren greatest supporter and best friend since they fell in love. They both made each other better people when they fell in love so I hope they go to counseling and work on their marriage instead of just giving up.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/21 04:01PM
    #16   2013/05/21 03:58PM
    lmfan

Quote FL senior fan: Give it SPACE...months of SPACE for Lauren to prove herself again. What a shocker if she went back to Carmine for "comfort"? Michael needs the time to get that image of her and Carmine out of his head, don't blame him in the least!
    TIME is what they need.

I agree. They need time and I think they need to go to counseling. A couple of horrible months should not wipe out years of very good.

#17   2013/05/21 04:06PM
    lmfan

Quote janetb:

She blamed him in anger and then apologized the very next show. She has been saying how sorry she is the last couple shows. She told Michael the other day that she gambled with her marriage, family and Michael's heart and has lost everything. That is when Michael told her that maybe she didn't. He came to her to tell her he may want to work on their marriage. Yes, Lauren wants it to all go away which isn't realistic and Michael sees her with Carmine when he kissed her which is also realistic but you could see in those scenes how much they still love one another and how this is hurting both of them. Lauren was begging Michael to tell her how she can fix this but there is no easy answer.

I personally think this would be realistic if Michael and Lauren did not just walk away but fought for their marriage. It is easy to just get a divorce. It is hard to work on a marriage in this type of crisis. They have been a couple almost a decade real time and two decades soap time so this is not some short term relationship here.

#18   2013/05/21 04:16PM
    Lady Strawberry

Imfan, I TOTALLY AGREE. I have come to the conclusion that there is something about Lauren's affair that people find to be very different from other affairs. Every person who has an affair is lying to their spouse that is why it an affair. I think it may have a lot to do with the age difference. I don't think the sex trip helped either. A lot of cheating spouses blame the spouse for the cheating just like Lauren did. A lot affairs last longer than one night. This affair degraded Lauren and I don't think many of her fans can forget about it and forgive her for it. I found Lauren's actions to be disgusting to say the least. But I do not want to give up on her or on their marriage. There are fans who do not want to consider the fact that she will not return to bed with Carmine. I am at least trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Yes Lauren told Michael many lies about where she going in order to be with Carmine. But not too many spouses having affairs say "I'LL be back, I going to have sex with my lover". I want to believe that Lauren is sincere, but only time will tell. I want their marriage to work, but I will love Michael and understand if he can't do it. I also want to believe that Lauren is done with Carmine. I want to think that the Lauren who put an end to the affair means it this time. I will believe her words until she proves otherwise. I will not say she is lying now while I see she is trying. Yes Lauren has been weak and sex crazed. But hopefully, putting her marriage in jeopardy has changed that.

#19   2013/05/21 04:44PM
    janetb

Quote lmfan:
    Quote janetb:

She blamed him in anger and then apologized the very next show. She has been saying how sorry she is the last couple shows. She told Michael the other day that she gambled with her marriage, family and Michael's heart and has lost everything. That is when Michael told her that maybe she didn't. He came to her to tell her he may want to work on their marriage. Yes, Lauren wants it to all go away which isn't realistic and Michael sees her with Carmine when he kissed her which is also realistic but you could see in those scenes how much they still love one another and how this is hurting both of them. Lauren was begging Michael to tell her how she can fix this but there is no easy answer.

I personally think this would be realistic if Michael and Lauren did not just walk away but fought for their marriage. It is easy to just get a divorce. It is hard to work on a marriage in this type of crisis. They have been a couple almost a decade real time and two decades soap time so this is not some short term relationship here.

It will take time for Michael to trust Lauren if they try to work things out.She seemed to expect him to forgive her right away and he can't do that. Carmine isn't just going to go away because she told him to.He's now giving Fen advice which is going to cause trouble .

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list