List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: According to the latest SID and IMOW

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

According to the latest SID and IMOW

Started by rediculous at 2013/05/20 02:21PM
    Latest post: 2013/05/22 07:54AM, Views: 3985, Replies: 30
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/05/21 01:33PM
    Re: According to the latest SID and IMOW
    Grendel

Quote masamf: Very few roles on Y&R are irreplaceable, IMO, there are only 3: Victor Newman, Drusilla Winters and Catherine Chancellor, the rest are all replaceable!! Those above 3 have proven to be the only 3 big shoes hard to fill. Phyllis has been recast before and the actress that took the role did the role good justice so......
    Wow, so MS is gone? Wow, just wow....I remember when I felt when it was announced that VR was leaving, guess no one lasts for ever on Y&R, so I'm not gonna gloat...I feel for MS fans though...it sucks out loud right now......to be MS or any of her fans I mean no one wants to lose a job in this recession!!!! Good luck to her, if the decision was hers.

Dru? I didn't care if she left or not and didn't care if she was replaced or not.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/21 01:35PM
    #22   2013/05/21 01:58PM
    LucyT

Quote soapysuds75:
    Quote LucySnowe:
    Quote rediculous:
    Quote go2girl: I don't want another Phyllis. I'd rather her character just be gone b/c no one can be Phyllis except MS. Furthermore, maybe her time with her sister and having a young child has made her realize she is missing too much in REAL life. Can't blame her for that. But I just can't see replacing her.

Hey go2, we disagree on something, I think another actress could easily pick up this role, there are many talented people out there, no one owns a role IMO, anyone can be recast..I like MS as an actress also, but there can be another Phyllis..

I think Robin Christopher would be good. What would be tough is having to make the switch in the midst of a big story.

This happens all the time. Peter Bergman took over for Terry Lester immediately. Michael Learned took over for Jeanne Cooper when she fell ill.

More recently, Hunter Haley King took over the Summer role after Lindsay Bushman was fired by JFP. Hartley Sawyer took over for Blake Hood. Melissa Ordway took over for Marcy Emme Rylan.

Soap fans understand it's the nature of show biz.

AND AT LEAST TWO OR THREE OF THE FIVE SUCK!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/21 01:59PM
    #23   2013/05/21 02:04PM
    LucyT

Quote Grendel:
    Quote masamf: Very few roles on Y&R are irreplaceable, IMO, there are only 3: Victor Newman, Drusilla Winters and Catherine Chancellor, the rest are all replaceable!! Those above 3 have proven to be the only 3 big shoes hard to fill. Phyllis has been recast before and the actress that took the role did the role good justice so......
    Wow, so MS is gone? Wow, just wow....I remember when I felt when it was announced that VR was leaving, guess no one lasts for ever on Y&R, so I'm not gonna gloat...I feel for MS fans though...it sucks out loud right now......to be MS or any of her fans I mean no one wants to lose a job in this recession!!!! Good luck to her, if the decision was hers.

Dru? I didn't care if she left or not and didn't care if she was replaced or not.

I know I felt the same about dru and still don't know why she has any fans.I guess its a good thing we all like different characters

#24   2013/05/21 02:11PM
    Lizzytish

DRU: I don't think they would still refer to her as an Original cast member -- and she's already off the show.

PHYLLIS: They wanted "someone who can pull it off?" I can't think of anyone who fits that term more than Michelle Stafford.

RIDGE: An original cast member on B & B but already gone --- there have been spoilers saying Dan Gauthier is taking on the role.

I;ve also seen several rumors about Melody Thomas Scott being replaced.

#25   2013/05/21 02:14PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote LucyT:
    Quote Grendel:

I know I felt the same about dru and still don't know why she has any fans.I guess its a good thing we all like different characters

I may not be a "fan" per say but I wouldn't mind if she came back.

As for MS, she too could be replaced.....her character is not on it last leg and that Actress I read about would be a great fit.....she looks great too! I see the firey side of her in that pic posted on this site.

No one can walk in MS shoes but they could can bring another direction to the character of Phyllis and this is good timing with Summer's paternity being questioned.

I embrace the change of the new badness on the block!

Bring it!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/21 02:15PM
    #26   2013/05/21 02:32PM
    On a Clear Day

MS has made Phyllis her own but MS decided to leave. The Phyllis character's been on for so long, I would not mind seeing the character recast. It might be something interesting to watch if they found someone dynamic. On the other hand if she moves to be near Daniel and Lucy and there is no recast, I will get over it.

#27   2013/05/21 02:39PM
    TooShy20

Quote rediculous: an original cast member from one of the CBS soaps will be replaced. TPTB have big plans for this character and they are hoping to get an actor who can pull this off.....Fans will be shocked if this happens. Could this be the Phyllis character?

It's Ridge from B&B...

#28   2013/05/21 03:26PM
    batty

Quote Lizzytish: DRU: I don't think they would still refer to her as an Original cast member -- and she's already off the show.

PHYLLIS: They wanted "someone who can pull it off?" I can't think of anyone who fits that term more than Michelle Stafford.

RIDGE: An original cast member on B & B but already gone --- there have been spoilers saying Dan Gauthier is taking on the role.

I;ve also seen several rumors about Melody Thomas Scott being replaced.

Dan Gauthier? ooooh I hope that spoiler is true...there is some SERIOUS eye candy there...Hubba hubba *drool.

#29   2013/05/21 03:29PM
    FL senior fan

%(

REPLACEMENT Abby has not worked out.

REPLACEMENT Kyle has not worked out.

PAY OUR KEY STARS WHAT THEY WANT AND KEEP THEM!!!

#30   2013/05/22 07:02AM
    Grendel

Quote FL senior fan:

REPLACEMENT Abby has not worked out.

REPLACEMENT Kyle has not worked out.

PAY OUR KEY STARS WHAT THEY WANT AND KEEP THEM!!!

Good points. If the Phyllis replacement gets the same reception from viewers as the Kyle and Abby replacements, then JG and JFP should just write Phyllis off.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list